Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

winter centralia run

Go down 
+7
JeeperX
BlackMagic KJ
NotLost
XterraXtian
Mudslinger
k_enn
jesusjeeper
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Febuary Sat or Sun
Sat 11
winter centralia run - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%winter centralia run - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sat 18
winter centralia run - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%winter centralia run - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sat 25
winter centralia run - Page 4 I_vote_lcap33%winter centralia run - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Sun 12
 0% [ 0 ]
Sun 19
 0% [ 0 ]
Sun 26
winter centralia run - Page 4 I_vote_lcap67%winter centralia run - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
NotLost

NotLost

winter centralia run - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:11 pm

k_enn wrote:

…(I will have to meet you somewhere in Centralia, as I am coming in from northern NJ)…

Actually, Ashland is only 4 miles away.
But, if it’s OK with everyone – and it may actually be better for Roll-Cage, because he needs to hope (lol!) hop in one of our vehicles, this spot is in Centralia & is where people often park anyway:

40.799715, -76.33981

Any of the places is fine with me. Still need a time, though…

k_enn wrote:

Are you planning on doing any wheeling around the Shamokin area? If so, I may or may not join in, depending on the trails (I am bone stock, unarmored, and brand new).

Honestly, you’ll have to try hard to get into something that it won’t handle – Rousch Creek it is not ;-)[i]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
jesusjeeper

jesusjeeper

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:30 pm

ok looks like feb 26th it is, that location is fine in centralia meet there at 8 am? how does everyone feel about exploring the town? should we do a break up and meet back at a certain time or do it "tour guide/jeep parade" style? cause like i said my wife and her mom are into the town prob a little more then the trails. i dont wanna "waste" other's time looking around but also wouldnt wanna seem like a huge group of tourists parading through th town, dunno if the locals would be savy to that. maybe i am overthinking it though too
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:09 pm

jesusjeeper wrote:
ok looks like feb 26th it is, that location is fine in centralia meet there at 8 am? how does everyone feel about exploring the town? should we do a break up and meet back at a certain time or do it "tour guide/jeep parade" style? cause like i said my wife and her mom are into the town prob a little more then the trails. i dont wanna "waste" other's time looking around but also wouldnt wanna seem like a huge group of tourists parading through th town, dunno if the locals would be savy to that. maybe i am overthinking it though too
what locals? lol! theres maybe 7 people left in the entire town
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:25 am

Seeing Centrailia as a group is fine with me -- in fact, that may be better as some people may know places others don't. For example, I would like to see the smoking town dump again, but I can't recall where that is.

8:00 may be a bit early for me - I have about a 3 hour drive from the suburbs of New York City. 9:00 is definitely do-able, and 8:30 is rough but possible.

As for off road, I need to keep in mind that I do not have a rear recovery point yet (may have it by then), and I am running what are basically street tires (BFG Rugged Trails). I will have to remember I am no longer driving my previous Xterra.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:09 pm

k_enn wrote:
Seeing Centrailia as a group is fine with me -- in fact, that may be better as some people may know places others don't. For example, I would like to see the smoking town dump again, but I can't recall where that is.

8:00 may be a bit early for me - I have about a 3 hour drive from the suburbs of New York City. 9:00 is definitely do-able, and 8:30 is rough but possible.

As for off road, I need to keep in mind that I do not have a rear recovery point yet (may have it by then), and I am running what are basically street tires (BFG Rugged Trails). I will have to remember I am no longer driving my previous Xterra.

k_enn

time is same for me, i'm 2 and a half hours away, about 2 hours if i drive like my regular self, so i can do getting up at like 5am but it'll be tough. and that's ok K_enn, i'm sure it'll do fine, i've always been impressed with Xterras
Back to top Go down
jesusjeeper

jesusjeeper

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:43 pm

ok you can do 9 and just get in touch with me when u get there, i wasnt saying all had to, in my earlier post i said how my wife and mother in law wanted to explore the town more so we will be up there by 8am anyone who wants to be there then let me know and we can meet otherwise ill give you my cell and wat channel ill be on so we can meet later.
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 pm

jesusjeeper wrote:
ok you can do 9 and just get in touch with me when u get there, i wasnt saying all had to, in my earlier post i said how my wife and mother in law wanted to explore the town more so we will be up there by 8am anyone who wants to be there then let me know and we can meet otherwise ill give you my cell and wat channel ill be on so we can meet later.
hmm, so should i bring my hand held CB?
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 am

jesusjeeper wrote:

Works for me.
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 am

Roll-Cage wrote:

Can't hurt. I have the CB already installed in the new truck.

I was going to suggest using the information channel - 19 - to contact each other; but that channel sometimes has some pretty rough language. Why don't just pick a channel now, such as 12, to establish initial contact. We change to an another channel once everyon is there if that one does not work out.

Of course, we can exchange cell number by PM in advance -- in case someone is running late or the CB doesn't work.

k_enn

Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 am

k_enn wrote:
Roll-Cage wrote:

Can't hurt. I have the CB already installed in the new truck.

I was going to suggest using the information channel - 19 - to contact each other; but that channel sometimes has some pretty rough language. Why don't just pick a channel now, such as 12, to establish initial contact. We change to an another channel once everyon is there if that one does not work out.

Of course, we can exchange cell number by PM in advance -- in case someone is running late or the CB doesn't work.

k_enn

well my handheld CB only has about a half a mile gain so hailing you for the initial meet up might be tricky, i have NLs cell # though, if anyone else wanted to exchange so that if he doesn't answer i'd be fine with that. Just as a side note, i found that google navigator is invaluable when you get lost 4 miles from town out in the woods out there big grin
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Hey Yall. I will try to make it for this trip. we will have to see if i can, but i will keep yall updated.
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 pm

I have every intention on being there by 8AM.

JJ & BM (BM???)
if you could text me, then I’ll have your numbers too.
I don’t know if you’ve seen my YouTube vids, but if the Mrs. and step mom want to do some virtual reconnaissance, there’s one with history and now-and-then pics, one of the town, and one of just the fissure.

I don’t know how CBs entered the conversation, but I have one too, and yes, they are very handy!
And RC’s not kidding… the GPS on my cell has saved my can more than I can count on both hands (and maybe feet too).

There are definitely less than 7 people there now. My first trip was in 2009, second & third in 2010, and one 2011, but each time there were fewer homes as they tear them down as soon as they’re uninhabited. I know one across from where the VFW was passed away, and another was evicted. Kinda doubt there are any locals at this point. The last time I was there, it literally looked like a tour bus of tourists – they all had the same t-shirts and were walking around taking pictures of each other. Crowds aren’t an issue… well, except for maybe their combined weight.

As for the wheeling – really, I think stock is not going to be a problem.
Back to top Go down
jesusjeeper

jesusjeeper

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:06 pm

agreed, hey maybe we can cause a cave in then do some undergound mine wheelin, would give me a chance to try out the 6 baja lights i have mountd finally. my cell is 7175982530 cannel 12 sounds fine for now, this will be my first time going weelin with this new cb excited to try it. i thought therewere still a few locals. cool. i am probably gonna pack some sausages and or burgers to cook over a fire for lunch(maybe just bring sammiches if i dun feel that motivated tho) folks can text me and ill have their number too, just lemme know who u r!! gettin stoked for this trip
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:32 pm

So far, it looks like I might have a truck back by then...so, I'm still in.

If so, I'll be wheeling at RC on Sat, sleep over, and meet the Centralia peeps in the AM.

Very Happy

I remember BEING at a lot of cool spots, including one really old cemetery with graves from 300 yrs ago, etc....but I can't even remember where what trails are at RC, and I've been going there regularly since before PARAGON closed....so, other than doing things like exclaiming "Hey, THIS looks familiar!", I'll potentially be useless.

geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.NORA4X4.com
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:05 pm

TJ wrote:
So far, it looks like I might have a truck back by then...so, I'm still in.

If so, I'll be wheeling at RC on Sat, sleep over, and meet the Centralia peeps in the AM.

Very Happy

I remember BEING at a lot of cool spots, including one really old cemetery with graves from 300 yrs ago, etc....but I can't even remember where what trails are at RC, and I've been going there regularly since before PARAGON closed....so, other than doing things like exclaiming "Hey, THIS looks familiar!", I'll potentially be useless.

geek
i've only been there once, but i think between NL and i we can cover directions pretty well
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:22 am

TJ wrote:
so, other than doing things like exclaiming "Hey, THIS looks familiar!", I'll potentially be useless.

geek

No comment. innocent

k_enn
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:28 pm

k_enn wrote:
TJ wrote:
so, other than doing things like exclaiming "Hey, THIS looks familiar!", I'll potentially be useless.

geek

No comment. innocent
storm
k_enn

****** - That IS a comment.

Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:05 pm

TJ wrote:
k_enn wrote:
TJ wrote:

geek

No comment. innocent
storm
k_enn

****** - That IS a comment.

now now, does the dancing banana need to have a talk with you two? yeah
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:04 pm

LOL - Ken and I go waaay back. Its under control.

No need to whip out your bannana.

group hug
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:34 pm

TJ wrote:
LOL - Ken and I go waaay back. Its under control.

No need to whip out your bannana.

group hug

lol!
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Sheesh...its getting down to the wire, its the 12th, and my rig is STILL at the shop getting repaired after getting rear ended and the other party's insurance company is STILL being, um, banana headed.

I'm now HOPING that the truck is ready to wheel again, soon.

Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 4:58 pm

TJ wrote:
Sheesh...its getting down to the wire, its the 12th, and my rig is STILL at the shop getting repaired after getting rear ended and the other party's insurance company is STILL being, um, banana headed.

I'm now HOPING that the truck is ready to wheel again, soon.

i wish you luck!! hopefully it'll be good to go for the trip, if not i'm sure someone else will have room
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Very disappointed, but something came up and I probably won’t be able to make it.

If it changes back, I’ll let you know. Sad
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:50 pm

NotLost wrote:
Very disappointed, but something came up and I probably won’t be able to make it.

If it changes back, I’ll let you know. Sad

well that blows! i guess i'll be the only one there with experience of the place then! how do we plan on linking up now then? cause i only have your cell # if i recall correct
Back to top Go down
alextremetj

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Who is all still up for the trip? Angel and myself still plan on being there. Meeting at the cordinates posted at 8?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alextremetj
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: winter centralia run   winter centralia run - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

winter centralia run
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next