Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20

Go down 
+9
rockready
Milkman
trillium
Mudslinger
k_enn
eagleblazer
AutoDoc
JeeperX
XterraXtian
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20   GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Really glad you all had a good tme. My work schedule hopefully will change by early Jan. I know it is still too warm to think of the holidays, but we are under a "black out" from Oct till Jan for weekends. Meaning we are working.

Somebody post some pics!!
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

PostSubject: Re: GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20   GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 8:44 pm

We had a great time. We stayed Saturday night and came back today. Slept in this morning, had the free breakfast. Found out too late that the Hampton Inn we stayed at has a worship service on Sunday morning. Good to know for next time. We took our time coming back, stopped by the Hershey Chocolate factory on the way, and had dinner at a nice place in MD called Mountain Gate Family Restaurant. It had a great buffet, and they are a Christian owned business. We were almost back home when someone flagged us down, and told me my rear shock was broken. So I pulled off at the next exit to investigate. The shock was fine, but the lower shock mount was sheared off. So its back to the shop next week to repair, and figure out how to strengthen both lower mounts.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, just the bolt that holds the shock in the mount broke, not the mount. No mod necessary.

Last edited by Milkman on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
15"liftdreamer

PostSubject: Re: GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20   GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:25 pm

https://s354.photobucket.com/albums/r413/uhler11/

Hey all...
What a great time this weekend! And the kids had a blast too!! Jeff keeps looking at the muddy jeep like he's in love with it....can't believe how stuck he got (see pics).
Ken did a great job leading so props to him!! The trails we took were great too! Grace became bfs with "dakota" John's daughter Samantha and they chatted up in the back seat of our jeep all day (and grace asking every 10min or so when we were gonna eat lunch, even after we stopped!). So great to have a wonderful family day.
Alas, we missed "chrissy and pattey" (ask grace asked where you guys were at) Hope you're feeling better pattey and jan can't come soon enough chris! we missed u guys!!
Can't wait for the next run and see you all soon!
The Uhlers
Jeff/Ang/Grace
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20   GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:43 pm

The trail ride was great! Ken was a terrific leader and thanks to Greg for some great spotting! We also enjoyed watching Greg in the rock garden on the "o" trail.

See you all next time. We missed you Chris and Pattey!
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20   GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:09 am

bliss I'm so glad you all had fun. It was weird missing a run. I don't like it. I won't let it happen again! hehehe I DO feel much better, but still sound like a smoke 5 packs of cigarettes a day (I don't smoke AT ALL) when I laugh...then cough. Sad.

I'm glad the kids had fun. Ken.....I don't even have the words enough to thank you for leading.

I can't thank ANY of you enough for being a HUGE part of what makes this club work. I love you guys. I am happier than happy that you had fun.

Dakota John (yessir, that's your nickname)...I am sorry to hear about your dent, but you are now among an elite (and wonderful) group of tree-"huggers" now. Angela and Greg had the funnest (I know it's not a word) tree hug moments.

I hope you all can make the October run....it is NOT required to have a 4WD vehicle, as we will be driving on a paved road. Check out the October run thread for more details on wednesday. (I can only access a PC at work right now, cuz my laptop isn't available at the moment....but I will have Chris' laptop on wednesday) It's going to be a gorgeous trip, driving down Skyline Drive (we're doing about 50 miles of it and visiting some caverns too!) at the peak of fall foliage!!!!!

bliss

PS.....Keith.....it felt better with a bit of a lift, right? I hear you did great!!! Sorry about the shock...but man, did you have fun getting it that way or what!!?!?!?!

yeah
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
Geo

Geo

PostSubject: Re: GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20   GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:46 pm

I would also like to thank Ken for leading the group and Greg for spotting those of us that are still learning the best line to take on the trail. Thanks again for a fantastic day!

George, Michele, Hayden, and Gavin
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

PostSubject: Re: GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20   GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:24 pm

XterraXtian wrote:
:
PS.....Keith.....it felt better with a bit of a lift, right? I hear you did great!!! Sorry about the shock...but man, did you have fun getting it that way or what!!?!?!?!
yeah

We had a blast. The new lift did not give me the height I thought it would, but there 's a couple of more things I can do to get the front up more. The rear has good clearance. The new coils and shocks ride great though - on and off the street. Only really got stuck twice. Lockers and a better line would have prevented that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20   GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

GWNF Trip ~NOW AT RC~ 9/19-20
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4