Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Prayer for a decision

Go down 
+2
XterraXtian
JeeperX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

Prayer for a decision Empty
PostSubject: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 10:54 pm

I think that everyone knows that I got laid off from a very good paying job in November.

First off I want to say that God has been taking very good care of me, like he ALWAYS does.

The guy that I have been working for, doing labor and installs, said that he wants to talk to me about a permanent position with his company. The rumor is that it would be a manager position to help him organize his team better. I think this would be right up my alley but when I got let go I said that I did not want to do construction anymore. I talked to him a week ago and told him I was interested but have not heard from him since.

I got a call from a friend tonight that he is recommending me for a job in his industry and I should follow up on it tomorrow. This would be a sales position at Adams JEEP!!!!! I would be selling new and used JEEPS. I think I would be good at this because I am pretty good with people and I am passionate about the product. This could also be a good ministry opportunity and tie in with the club, but it is a scary time to be in sales. I feel that if that is where God is leading me then He will make it work, one way or the other, but I need prayer to make this decision. I want to step out in faith if that is what He wants but I could be being tempted also. Rich, who I am working for now, is a Christian and is in my Bible Study. I am going to try to talk to both people before making a decision of course, but I some prayer help would be great!
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 10:55 pm

prayers cross thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:46 am

You have my prayers.

Automobile sales are particularly tough at this time. However, used jeep sales may not be as bad. If the job is with a dealership, you might want to get a feel as to whether the dealership will survive in the current economy. If the dealership is one that primarily makes its money on sales, it might have trouble surviving. If it is one that makes it money on service, it may be more likely to survive.

As an aside, my high school buddy is the warranty manager for a jeep dealership in the area. The dealership makes most of it money on service, not sales, so it has a decent chance of surviving the economy. However, the sales were way down last month -- about 15 vehicles among 8 sales persons.

All said and done, try to listen to where God wants you to go. If one thing does not work out, you may be able to revive the other.

k_enn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 11:31 am

What a TOUGH decision to make. With a sales position you would ALWAYS have that monthly quotz hanging over your head regardless of the state of the economy. I, personally, could never do a sales job other than retail. I won't offer any advice, but I will pry for an imparting of God's wisdom to you.
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:01 pm

Thank you both for the replies and prayers.

The dealership does do a TON of service and is also the best off road shop in the area. They do a lot of customizing right off the showroom floor.

I talked to the GM tonight and have a meeting on Thursday with him. Also today Rich (other job) said we would talk by Friday. It seems that by the end of the week I will have all the info and will know more then.

I am leaning towards the job I am working now, but really want to do what God is leading me towards, I just need to let him lead instead of jumping out in front.
Back to top Go down
79cj

79cj

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:06 pm

im praying for you it is hard to step out of the way and let the lord lead the way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 8:31 pm

right with ya Chris,

IM sure God will lead you down the correct path, also consider the future of both positions, benies and all that good stuff, with your knowledge of peeps you could find yourself in an unexpecting pleasent position :).

But at any rate with some prayer im sure the best choice will stand taller

bliss cross

strut
Back to top Go down
eagleblazer

eagleblazer

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 12:57 am

I will pray for you too. Personally...I hope you don't become a salesman. read bible
Back to top Go down
Junkyard

Junkyard

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 7:57 am

prayers that is a tough decison
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Still praying for you, baby.....every day. And you know, in a few years, I'll be your sugar momma and you don't even have to worry about work anymore. You can go and take welding classes, mechanics classes and start your own fabrication business....in that garage we'll build in the back yard!

Hang in there kid...you'll never be alone ever again. You have me, your family, and all your friends here.

group hug
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Yeah the sales thing is out but I still am up in the air with Sears (if offered) and staying on where I am now.

Thanks for the advice all

And special thanks to the suga mamma
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:56 pm

If I were you, I'd jump on that Sugar Mamma invitation! Maybe "jump on" was a bad choice of words--should have said accept. Sounds like a proposal to me!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:01 pm

ED! You made me blush. We're behaving in that aspect.....so he shall ACCEPT it,
as the "jumping on" comes AFTER the "proposal"....which is coming from HIM first.
(even though he knows what the answer would be)

Either way. I plan on taking good care of him....he deserves it after all he's been thru.
Back to top Go down
79cj

79cj

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:04 pm

this subject changed course but how is everything going ?
how did you do it Chris i have bin trying to get my wife to become my suger momma i get shot down every time
she wont even think about it.
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Just VERY LUCKY I guess yeah
Back to top Go down
eagleblazer

eagleblazer

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:13 am

Some have it. Twisted Evil Some don't. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for a decision   Prayer for a decision Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer for a decision
Page 1 of 1