Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

a little prayer, please

Go down 
+2
k_enn
Green Bay TJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

a little prayer, please Empty
PostSubject: a little prayer, please   a little prayer, please EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:43 pm

On Saturday July 7, we were just about wrapping up our family vacation at Disneyworld when our friend calls about our dog Rex. We knew Rex was not in good shape when we left on our vacation and I had my son Billy say goodbye to him just in case. Our friend told us he was not doing very well at all and suggested taking him to the Harford emergency vet, which we asked her to do. Turns out Rex had pneumonia and apparently advanced lymphoma. The vet did not think Rex could be stabilized enough to start chemo. So we made the decision to put Rex to sleep. I thought it would be selfish of us to put this off until we got home, putting Rex through two more days of pain just so we could say goodbye. So my son told him goodbye over the phone - we were told Rex responded to that - and our friend Bobbie stayed with him until he was gone. My son, Billy, took it hard especially Saturday night, and my wife, Mary, and I are still mourning Rex. I would appreciate any prayers headed our way for Billy, Mary, myself, and for our friend, Bobbie, to help us get through a little sad time now. We are truly blessed to have a friend who would do that for us.

thanks
Jeff
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: a little prayer, please   a little prayer, please EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:39 am

You have my prayers. May you find comfort in the Lord, and the good times that you had with Rex.

My wife and I went through this ourselves about two years ago. Our thirteen year old hunting dog, who had survived bone cancer at the age of ten with the help of chemo and radiation, was finally reaching his end. Although it was not cancer and he was not in pain, his body was shutting down and for the last week or so he could not walk. We all (me, my wife and the dog) knew that the end was near, and on the evening that we were planning to take him to the vet for the final time, my car battery died while I was at work and we could not take him that night. However, the dog knew it was his time, and he passed quietly in his sleep that night.

My wife in particular was devastated. We never had kids, and he was effectively our child. Looking back on the good times we had with him and the good times he had with us helped pull us through. Dwell on the blessing that he was while was with you.

If you are like us, you will get another dog as some time. You will know when the time is right.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
Orangecrush

Orangecrush

PostSubject: Re: a little prayer, please   a little prayer, please EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:57 pm

You have our prayers and we are so sorry to hear about Rex. My husband and I went through this just a couple of years ago with our dog April. We knew the time was coming, but it did not make it any easier. Just like with Ken, my husband and I don't have children so she was very much a part of our lives. We knew we made the right decision because it would have been selfish of us to keep her going just because we did not want to say goodbye. Saying goodbye is tough, but sometimes is the most loving act you can do.

Den and I did eventually adopt another dog because we wanted the opportunity to give someone else a loving home (he is a shelter dog). We love him very much too, but still always remember our time with April. As Ken said, you will know when and if the time is right.

Our hearts our with you entire family, and you friend Bobbie. What an incredible person and friend she is - truly a blessing in your life.

prayers

Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: a little prayer, please   a little prayer, please EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks to both of you for your kind thoughts and prayers. We actully got a puppy about 2 months ago when we realized Rex's time was near. We knew Billy would be a mess when the time came (we were hoping for another year or so with Rex). I'll post some pics under another topic I saw elsewhere on the forum for posting pics of your pets. Pets are always tough because unless they are African Parrots, you should outlive them and mourn for them. We went through this for Jack a few years ago - my wife's and my dog before our son blessed our lives - and for Sandy, who ran away. But I don't really think we will ever be without a dog again. At least Brutus (the puppy) did not know Rex long enough to be in mourning. I've seen that with other friend's animals when one passed.
Back to top Go down
JeepGurl

JeepGurl

PostSubject: Re: a little prayer, please   a little prayer, please EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Crying or Very sad I'm so sorry about your pup. He is certainly playing happily at the wonderful rainbow bridge!
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: a little prayer, please   a little prayer, please EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:21 am

I must have missed this thread. I'm sorry about the loss of your pup. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: a little prayer, please   a little prayer, please EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 pm

loosing a good friend is always tough - sorry i missed this one too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a little prayer, please   a little prayer, please Empty

Back to top Go down

a little prayer, please
Page 1 of 1