Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

2012 SERVE FEST!

Go down 
+5
Roll-Cage
forrest
jcr8501
JeeperX
Mudslinger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:53 am

Hi guys! April 28th is Serve Fest. What is Serve Fest you may ask? ServeFest is a date that hundreds of churches from the Baltimore area will provide volunteers to team up to participate in a one-day, hands-on serving event taking place in various location across the State aiming to show kindness to others and build the community with the hope of increasing levels of community involvement.

ServeFest includes various types of projects in a variety of locations including public schools, clean-up projects, park clean-up projects, home and facility repairs, volunteering at facilities assisting disabled individuals and seniors, serving non-profit organizations, and taking part in care giving opportunities.

Pattey, Chris, Dennis and I did this last year and the year before and had a great time serving. We hope our club can get together again this year to serve. I have looked up some opportunities on the Serve Fest website and here are a few that look interesting:

Boy Scouts of America (Whiteford, Maryland- Susquehanna Hall Road). Looking for help in cleaning up park. Gardening, mulching, trail maintenance, trash pick-up, setting up tents. Starts at 9 a.m. The are looking for 30 volunteers and so far have 0

Boys and Girls Club of Aberdeen. Assisting with setting up tables for a health fair. Cleaning up area, picking up trash, pulling weeds, etc., Starts at 9 a.m. They need 10 volunteers and so far have 0.

ABC Meals for Haiti and Kenya. At Mountain Christian Church in Fallston. Volunteers will package, weigh and seal boxed up meals to go to Haiti and Kenya. Loking for 300 volunteers so far have 3. Starts at 9 .m.

There are other opportunities listed on the site at : www.servefestmd.org.

We will need to pick an event soon and I need a definite count of how many volunteers we will have. We don't want to give the project managers a wrong count because they depend on people showing.

Thanks so much guys. Let's get out there and serve!!

Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Alright everyone, this is what we started the club for!!! We talked about it at the meeting and people were interested. Lets get involved!
Back to top Go down
jcr8501

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Serve Fest   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:25 pm

There are a lot of serving opportunities around here and last year was a lot of fun and rewarding. The idea of helping the boy scouts sounded really good, too.
Back to top Go down
forrest

forrest

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:40 pm

i would like to do the boy scout thing. i like being out side.
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:34 am

Yeah...the Boy Scout event sounds like fun. So far we have the following folks interested in attending:

Joe
Forrest
Dennis
Samantha

Anyone else?? Please let me know by Sunday so I can go ahead an sign us up!
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:43 pm

i'm interested in helping out too

Edit: nevermind, just checked and i got stuff goin on that day :/
Back to top Go down
JeepGurl

JeepGurl

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Count 2 more if it's not to late! Mike and Tina!
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:17 am

Thanks to all who have signed up so far for the 2012 ServeFest. Just want to let you know that we are officially signed up to participate in ServeFest on April 28th, 2012.

Our activity this year is helping the Boy Scouts of America clean up and set up their camp.

Details are below:

Event starts at 9:00 am on April 28, 2012.

The event is located at :

1929 Susquehanna Halls Road
Whiteford, MD

The participants so far are:

Mike and Tina
Forrest
Joe
Samantha and me ( and our honorary club members - my mom and Dad).

There is still plenty of room if you want to participate - just let me know. We are very excited and feel very blessed to have such an awesome club. bliss yeah : amen
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 am

Oh man thats my old stomping grounds up at broadcreek!!! i really feel bad i cannot attend dennis, but that is right before my exams start!!! DARN!!! i really feel bad. pale Crying or Very sad No

but be safe out there and spread the clubs word.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Mudslinger wrote:
Thanks to all who have signed up so far for the 2012 ServeFest. Just want to let you know that we are officially signed up to participate in ServeFest on April 28th, 2012.

Our activity this year is helping the Boy Scouts of America clean up and set up their camp.

Details are below:

Event starts at 9:00 am on April 28, 2012.

The event is located at :

1929 Susquehanna Halls Road
Whiteford, MD

The participants so far are:

Mike and Tina
Forrest
Joe
Samantha and me ( and our honorary club members - my mom and Dad).

There is still plenty of room if you want to participate - just let me know. We are very excited and feel very blessed to have such an awesome club. bliss yeah : amen

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! We are bummed to not be there this year! We did it for 3 years with Sam and Dennis, Don and Gail...and it was a blast!!! The first year was at a Horse ranch that had riding for handicapped kids! Then the second year we did yard work in a 'depressed' area in Edgewood. Last year, we (without Chris, as he was very sick...but we gained JOE!!!!) worked at an older couple's home doing yard work, gardening, power washing, etc. It was wonderful....yet rainy!!!

You guys will have a great time no matter what, as God will bless your day!!! I love you guys!!!
group hug
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
TJ

TJ

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Dang - A few states south of me AND on the wife's B day...that just doesn't work.

Sad

Back to top Go down
http://www.NORA4X4.com
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Just a reminder   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 am

SERVESFEST is this Saturday, April 28th. Our event is helping the Boyscouts of America set up/clean up their campground.

Where:

Broad Creek Memorial Scout Reservation
1929 Susquehanna Hall Road
Whiteford, Maryland 21160

Agenda:
Meet at Project Location at 9am
Kickoff with a group prayer 9:15

What To Bring - The Boy Scouts provides all other tools necessary
• Gloves
• Water
• Sunscreen
• Gardening tools (if you have them)

What We Will Be Doing

1) Gardening, weeding, trimming
2) Trail maintanance, multching, raking, trash pick-up.
3) Setting up tents

If you have your Alpha Omega shirts, please wear them!

Can't wait to serve with you guys! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:54 pm

GRRRRRR i regret still being in school guys!!!! i feel so bad not being able to attend or help out. im especially bummed as thats my old stomping grounds as a boy scout.

Darn. I will find a way to help on the next project or event i promise!!!
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks to all who came out to serve today (Tina, Mom & Dad)- we truly appreciate the support and to those that could not make it out today - thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!

It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. The Boy Scout camp has given us some ideas for a group meeting/hiking/camping event!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2012 SERVE FEST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 SERVE FEST!   2012 SERVE FEST! Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 SERVE FEST!
Page 1 of 1