Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Some 2012 outreach suggestions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

Some 2012 outreach suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Some 2012 outreach suggestions   Some 2012 outreach suggestions EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:58 pm

This topic is a cross between info and suggestion for the board to consider for some outreach events coming up in 2012.

1. At PA Jeeps show I was talking with the guys at Adams Jeep of Maryland (great service department, by the way). They will be doing another Toys for Tots drive this coming Christmas season. Last year they were able to fill a 2 door; this year they are shooting to fill a 4 door. Obviously something to consider as individuals if you want to donate a toy. Yeah, I know its a little early to be thinking about this.

2. I'd like to toss this one into the mix. I'm a little embarassed to admit I don't know if I can participate due to other events in October. Anyway Harford Crop Walk is held each October in Aberdeen. This costs $25 (minimum) per participant; its a 5K run or walk, or a shorter walk around the park. Its a fundraiser to fight hunger with 25% of the proceeds remaining in the local area. You can google Harford Crop Walk for more info. 3 of the last 4 years it has been held the 2nd Saturday of October. If that trend holds, it is lined up to conflict with my son's Cub Scout camping trip (and possibly youth football). If its not that Saturday then there is a good chance of a conflict with the Master Tread Trainer that is being planned for October. Something to think about if you can do it; I know if I can't I may just sponsor one of the youths at my church.

3. This one is more social than outreach, but something the board might want to consider (maybe as a separate topic elsewhere). I thought there was some discussion on Saturday in our tent at PA Jeeps about attending each other's churches every so often. I typically attend a couple Sundays a year at Mountain Christian (my son's best friend attends) and Christ our King Presbyterian in Bel Air (sponsors our Cub Scout pack), as well as most Sundays at Grace United Methodist in Aberdeen. I like meeting different members of the Christian community across Harford county, although I tend to get missed a bit from our choir when I'm gone.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: Some 2012 outreach suggestions   Some 2012 outreach suggestions EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Jeff, thank you SO MUCH for the ideas!!! We're always tossing some out and looking for new ones.
I know I speak for ALL of us when I say we appreciate your input and especially your desire to help
make this club awesome. We are blessed to have you here!!!

bliss

I think they're ALL great ideas!!! Let's see what everyone thinks!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
JeepGurl

JeepGurl

PostSubject: Re: Some 2012 outreach suggestions   Some 2012 outreach suggestions EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Some 2012 outreach suggestions 614157 All great ideas, thanks Jeff! Some 2012 outreach suggestions 614157 Another tradition, and a bigger and bigger success each time, is that the club does food drives to benefit the Mason Dixon food bank especially around the holidays at Thompsons in Edgewood and also teamed up with MOJO we did Jam -a- Jeep kind of like a toys for tots. They both were great outcomes and we received so much great support from, not only our awesome club members, but the people of the community really came together to help the less fortunate. Will definately be keeping the tradition going! Some 2012 outreach suggestions 640651
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some 2012 outreach suggestions   Some 2012 outreach suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Some 2012 outreach suggestions
Page 1 of 1