Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Safari's New Ride

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:18 pm

OK, here are the pics:

Safari's New Ride P1010947e

Safari's New Ride P1010948e

Safari's New Ride P1010949

Safari's New Ride P1010950e

And here's the specs:

2005 Wrangler X, black, half doors, black soft top, black interior, 46 k miles, 6 cylinder, 6 speeed manual, AC, single CD player, and all the rest of the stock equipment.

Now as you can probably tell right away by the wheels, this will NOT be a trail rig. The dealer had just finished putting these wheels and tires on as I got there, and they tried to jack up the price accordingly; but I think I held my ground pretty well.

I have promised my wife to never go wheeling again, and I will hold myselff true to that promise.
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 5:01 pm

Congrats Ed. Looks like a great Jeep. It would look better with a lift though....
Back to top Go down
chariotofmanliness

chariotofmanliness

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:30 am

nice tj, i'd do a 2" budget boost and a minimun 31" tire.......that's what's on my tj for now.LOL. those tires you sold me are working out well (my son in law is all beside himself) i mounted the tool boxes and already filled them up.
Back to top Go down

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:38 am

chariotofmanliness wrote:
i mounted the tool boxes and already filled them up.

The tool boxes have a propensity to be very noisey if not packed tightly. (Of course I had a loose Burnz-O-Matic torch rolling around in one of them.)

I should have given you a word of caution about the tool boxes: Mount the tool boxes so you can read the combination from the inside of the Jeep. With the top down in the summer it's very easy to read the combination from the side of the Jeep even though it's upside down. In the winter, with the top up, it's difficult to read an upside down combination (facing outwards) from the rear of the Jeep only.
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:41 am

Nice ride. I wish you well with it.

Does your promise mean you won't come able to come out and ride shotgun with any of us? Or does it just concern your driving?

k_enn
Back to top Go down
Junkyard

Junkyard

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Nice pics
Back to top Go down
chariotofmanliness

chariotofmanliness

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:22 am

Safari wrote:

The tool boxes have a propensity to be very noisey if not packed tightly. (Of course I had a loose Burnz-O-Matic torch rolling around in one of them.)

I should have given you a word of caution about the tool boxes: Mount the tool boxes so you can read the combination from the inside of the Jeep. With the top down in the summer it's very easy to read the combination from the side of the Jeep even though it's upside down. In the winter, with the top up, it's difficult to read an upside down combination (facing outwards) from the rear of the Jeep only.

yep, i got them with the combo's on the inside. i got them packed pretty good too, all i hear is an occaisional squeak whenever i hit a bump the right or wrong way.
Back to top Go down
chariotofmanliness

chariotofmanliness

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:24 am

by the way, here they are

Safari's New Ride PICT0219
Back to top Go down

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:49 am

Safari wrote:

yep, i got them with the combo's on the inside. i got them packed pretty good too, all i hear is an occaisional squeak whenever i hit a bump the right or wrong way.

Looks like the cleaned up very nicely too!
Back to top Go down
chariotofmanliness

chariotofmanliness

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 6:39 pm

just a damp cloth, nothing major.....lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Safari's New Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari's New Ride   Safari's New Ride Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari's New Ride
Page 1 of 1