Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

APRIL 11th RUN

Go down 
+4
Junkyard
4thehardway
k_enn
XterraXtian
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:40 pm

4thehardway wrote:
UGH, not looking too good. My mechanic JUST called me now to ask me questions about the D60 rear for the seals and bearings. He said he pulled the diff cover and it was like milk (thanks to Milkshake and Smoothie!). He has to replace the bearings, but since it is a custom Dynatrac D60 axle, I don't really have the specs on it...I do somewhere, but I had it built 13 years ago and would have to dig for it. So he's going to call Jim McGean @ Dynatrac and try and get the info. So IF he either can't get it or can't get the parts, I won't be going on Saturday. I'm really not too happy with him right now. He's had the truck since last Saturday and is just now, on Thursday mid-moring, asking me about it? Again, UGH. confused Might be time to go full-width D60 front and 14 bolt rear and keep it simple?

...stay tuned...........

Greg
TOYMN8R

that sux buddy,,,

but im kinda right with you,,,,, Had my red one in the shop this morning for my Transfer case lowering kit,, and found bad U joints,,,,,,, so IM crossing my fingers they can get it done for Saturday, Crying or Very sad

SO hopeing to hear something by tomorrow.

strut
Back to top Go down
4thehardway

4thehardway

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:12 pm

UPDATE:: affraid

My guy just called me back and said he found the "bearing kit" for the axle, not cheap, $50 for the one side, but it includes the bearing, race, and seals. So he has it and is replacing it as we speak. He also got the info for the rear brakes, so that's being done now as well. And he's going to just weld the bumper onto the frame, screw the bolt-on route! So per him, he is still on track to finish everything up tomorrow morning so I can pick up, load up, and head up to PA. Keep your fingers crossed for me...

That axle comment was more of a joke than anything else. I like my set up. I'm not a big fan of full-widths on a mini truck. But I do have some plans in the near future for it...like a 3-linked rear...hmmmmmmmm.

Greg
TOYMN8R
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 6:04 pm

bliss I'm crossing everything!
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:09 pm

XterraXtian wrote:
bliss I'm crossing everything!

that could hurt affraid

strut
Back to top Go down
15"liftdreamer

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 pm

I just loaded the xj......that's right i'm pulling and ready to try more rocks. The funny thing about pulling the xj is it is being pulled by a ZJ (Angies Dads). Oh ya, her dad keeps reminding me that he just washed the jeep and it's going to rain on saturday and he even asked me if the parking lot is paved or dirt. I told him not to worry and that i would wash is jeep for him. SO when you meet him saturday tell him his jeep is dirty.

See you all Saturday?

Jeff, Ang, and the little princess....Grace

PS
Grace is telling everyone that she's going offroading and she is even trying to invite her friends. I hope she has fun.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:51 pm

I know you'll be a bit more relaxed knowing you can tow home if something goes wrong (it usually doesn't, but it's nice to have the back-up) We'll make sure that Grace and your dad have a great time. Hopefully the rain is an on and off drizzle...not a constant downpour. I hope you'll all join us afterwards at the "usual spot" for dinner!

As of right now: WEATHER FOR SATURDAY it doesn't look bad!
Back to top Go down
4thehardway

4thehardway

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Well the 4Runner is "done" sorta...it's back together at least. The D60 rear bearing kit was correct, but the seal was not. So it's in there temporarily until I can get the correct one. So it might get a little leaky, oh well. I'm going to pick up the truck from the shop shortly, load up, and head up to my parents house in the Poconos. See you guys Saturday morning!

Later.

Greg
TOYMN8R
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:56 pm

Have fun and be safe. group hug
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:03 pm

ALRIGHT!!! SEE EVERYONE TOMORROW MORNING!!! IF YOU SEE THE DODGE, AND EMPTY TRAILER, BUT NOT THE JEEP, IT'S CUZ WE'RE OFF HIDING EGGS!!! (and I just realized I was on caps and do not have time to fix it, as I am at work...sorry!!!!)

Just hang out by the truck in a group and we'll see you then!!! Also, Chris mentioned that if it's raining too much in the morning to hide the eggs, we can wait till later on in the day once it stops. We'll play it by ear. It is not my intention to get your children (or yourselves) sick!!!

See you in the AM!!!

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!!! cross
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 11:14 pm

Thanks to Tom (junkyard) and Steve (rockready) I have my jeep and tow vehicles running now. Thursday I noticed that the brakes were creaking on the Dodge, and I was on my way to Toms to fix the locker in the Jeep (not fixed but running open now) so I got that and rotors to put on. At 10pm we realized that the bearings were shot on a hub so I tried to drive the Jeep home and found that a Axle and stub shaft were broken on the ends!! Thank you Pattey for picking me up at 11:30 and dropping me back off in the morining. Hours and $$ later at 5:30 in the evening I leave Steve and Tom still putting the Jeep back together so i can make it to Bible Study at MY house.

So it is now late and I should be asleep cause I have to get to Toms and load the Jeep and be to RC EARLY in the morning. Good night and I will see you all in the morning.
Back to top Go down
15"liftdreamer

PostSubject: I'm clean but there's a dirty Jeep in my driveway!!!   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 10:47 pm

Good times again! My fam had a BLAST! Grace is sooo exhausted but she loved it! Esp when she rode with "Chrissy", otherwise known as Pattey's Big Daddy (according to her). HA!

And I might as well fess up now before someone else does for me....so I hit a tree. Embarassed However, I did not topple it over so it really wasn't a big deal (but it was funny, I swear it jumped out in front of me!). If Chris wouldn't have distracted me! Grace was crying cuz her momma "wrecked"...

here's the pics by the way...i'm going to bed and hope it rains overnight so that mud goes away. I already washed our dirty clothes...I know there's meds for this problem big grin

https://s354.photobucket.com/albums/r413/uhler11/

Thanks again for the good times!
Jeff, Ang, Grace and my dad Don
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 11:14 am

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT CAME OUT!!!

We had a couple new faces, and 8 kids, along with our faithful crew of merry wheelers!!! It was GREAT!!!

I feel horrible that the weather stunk for the egg hunt...but I think the kids had fun. Next year, I hope, will be better. I had 48 eggs and thought that was alot....I will definitely have more next year!!!

I'm hoping to get around to a "breakdown" of what we did...but don't have the time right now...besides, if you want to know what we do....GET YOUR BUTT OUT ON A TRAIL RIDE. Everyone that was there already knows! big grin

I just wanted to thank you guys for a great day....you are a big reason why this club works.
I appreciate each and every one of you!!!

HAPPY EASTER.....HE IS RISEN!!!

cross
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:53 am

This is the first ride in awhile that I have not dropped off my Jeep at Toms to have something fixed after a ride!! cheers I will be taking it back up and putting the locker back in if w can find the thrust washers though. I want another shot at that hill off of 21 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 8:22 am

21 was way cooler than I thought it'd be!!! affraid And yes, you'll have to kick that hill's butt... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4thehardway

4thehardway

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:46 pm

Wow this is late, but my nephew and I had a blast on Saturday the 11th! Thanks again guys.

I still have to take my pics off my camera and post them on kodakgallery.com. I'll post a link to them when I do, which should be soon because Terri, Jayelee and I just got back from Mystic, CT...long weekend mini-vacation.

Does anyone know if the "other guy" in the black XJ posted his pics anywhere? I think his name was Jeremy?

Greg
TOYMN8R
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:03 pm

I have his email address, I think, I have not seen him anywhere since.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:07 pm

Glad you had fun! Mystic is awesome! I went there a lot when I lived in CT. My little brother and his wife went there for their honeymoon. I'm bringing Chris there as soon as we get some free time and $$$.
Back to top Go down
4thehardway

4thehardway

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:27 am

I know it's a little late, but here are the pics my nephew Justin took from my passenger seat, since he wanted to do everything I did from inside the truck...no sidelines for him! I even let him drive at the comp course!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=qirceqh.arrvc64x&x=0&y=-kbvzw7&localeid=en_US

Looking forward to getting out again soon!!

Greg
TOYMN8R
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:52 am

Very Nice.

May not see you in May. We are going to the Pines and if I don't get a job soon... I may not be able to get up there.

I'm sure my fairy Godmother will help though....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 11th RUN   APRIL 11th RUN - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 11th RUN
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2