Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Off-road insurance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

Off-road insurance Empty
PostSubject: Off-road insurance   Off-road insurance EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Does anyone know if there are companies that will insure a street-legal vehicle for on-road and off-road? I found out my insurance company (nationwide) does not offer any kind of off-road coverage for a street-legal vehicle. Apparently they do offer coverage for off-road only vehicles (dirt bikes, ATVs). I would be interested in adding supplemental off-road coverage since I have an umbrella policy for the house, boat, jeeps that I would just assume keep.
Back to top Go down
T-Case

T-Case

Off-road insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-road insurance   Off-road insurance EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm

You can get umbrella coverage. Talk to Merideth from Street and Trail Customs. She used to work with auto insurance.
Back to top Go down
ih8pepl73

ih8pepl73

Off-road insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-road insurance   Off-road insurance EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:13 pm

I never even thought about it. I will have to ask my ins. co. (Geico).
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

Off-road insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-road insurance   Off-road insurance EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:42 pm

If you damage it off road

Step one - diagram all the pieces and then pick them all up

Step two - drag jeep to nearest Mall

Step three - put all broken pieces back on mall parking lot just like you found them

Step four - call insurance company and tell them you accidently hit a curb...

Problem solved
Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

Off-road insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-road insurance   Off-road insurance EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:30 pm

I was talking to my insurance agent again today about this. So Nationwide does not cover my vehicle offroad, and since I have a lift will no longer insure my vehicle on-road either. But they found another insurance company that will cover me (Progressive), as long as my lift is less than 4" (its 2"). They also can sell me the Progressive policy. So it sounds like next week I'll be switching the one jeep to Progressive. I was also told that there is nothing in the Progressive policy that limits coverage to on-road use only. My concern was not so much damage to the jeep as it was liability for medical bills, or (other people's) property damage. Looks like problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Off-road insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-road insurance   Off-road insurance Empty

Back to top Go down

Off-road insurance
Page 1 of 1