Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012

Go down 
+5
forrest
Roll-Cage
TJ
BlackMagic KJ
Mudslinger
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 Empty
PostSubject: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:42 pm

OK even though the weather may be frightful and cold (at least on the East Coast!) it's that time of year to start thinking spring and the annual PINEBARREN CAMPING TRIP! We are targeting the trip dates for May 18th-20th. We typically arrive at the campground Friday night and leave Sunday late morning, early afternoon. This is a great fellowship/fun event and we hope to see you there.

Pattey has graciously offered to contact her folks at Grass Roots Jeep Club to see if they can lead a trail ride for us this year. Thank you Pattey! In any event the camping is great and there is a lot to do in the area.

If you think you may want to come, please let me know as soon as possible. We will try to reserve at least two campsites in the very near future as the sites book up fairly fast. I would like to get a headcount no later than February 25th in case we need more than two campsites.

As a reminder:

Age RULE of camping weekends....and overnight trips (no matter WHERE):

Under 18: allowed provided a parent (or both) are present the entire time.
Over 18, but living w/parents: Need signed or verbal permission by parent to Board Member.
Age 18 (living on own) and over: ALLOWED

Last edited by Mudslinger on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:48 pm

IM COMING FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm in.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.NORA4X4.com
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:35 pm

i think i'll be going too
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Eric.. Ive got a ton of camping gear and everything we would need for the weekend. if you dont have something, you are welcome to borrow it.

You could tent with me, as i have a two man tent and we can figure all the cooking, food, coolers whatever later, but im just offering my gear and sleep space to you.

Also (TO ENTIRE CREW) i have to check when i go home, but i believe i have several large coolers if we wanted to share, and i have a large i guess u call it a shade tent (i refer to as dining fly) we can use.

Also, i may be able to ask my boyscout troop if we can borrow thier commercial grade camping stove (30,000 btu burners) if we wanted to share cooking duties etc. army

Just let me know!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:53 pm

well considering i've never really been camping before i lack the gear, so thanks BM. I'll be raiding your basement for supplies for sure
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:09 am

and i assume you will be riding up with me and possibly sharing my tent? bounce

And you are welcome to use my gear! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 pm

BlackMagic KJ wrote:
and i assume you will be riding up with me and possibly sharing my tent? bounce

And you are welcome to use my gear! thumbs up

yea probably, i like my space but i can deal with sharing a tent for a few days yeah
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:55 pm

We have an extra tent if anyone needs it. Eric- you are welcome to it.

So as far as confirmed attendees I have:

Mike
TJ
Eric

I believe Mike and Tina are planning to attend.

Pete and Paula? Are you able to make it?

If anyone else is planning to go, please let me know as soon as possible as we would like to go ahead and book the campsites very soon.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Mudslinger wrote:
We have an extra tent if anyone needs it. Eric- you are welcome to it.

So as far as confirmed attendees I have:

Mike
TJ
Eric

I believe Mike and Tina are planning to attend.

Pete and Paula? Are you able to make it?

If anyone else is planning to go, please let me know as soon as possible as we would like to go ahead and book the campsites very soon.

Thanks!

much appreciated! how much money do i owe for the campsite?
Back to top Go down
forrest

forrest

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:14 pm

we won't be able to make it. the parent child dedication at mountain is that weekend.
Back to top Go down
JeepGurl

JeepGurl

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:48 pm

We'll be there with bells on!sunny
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:20 pm

OK! I have reserved three sites for the Pinebarren Camping Trip. Unfortunately, the campground only permits two tents and two vehicles per site. The good news is the sites are next to each other!

For anyone who is going, please PM me your name, address and telephone # this evening. I need to provide the information to the campground by tomorrow.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 pm

forrest wrote:
we won't be able to make it. the parent child dedication at mountain is that weekend.

That is a beautiful thing!!! Wish we were there!!! God bless you three!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Yeah!! We have the following three sites 13, 24 & 23 at the Atsion Campground in Wharton State Forest reserved. If you are interested in looking up the State Park and map of the campground the website is:

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/wharton.html or you can simply do a google search under Wharton State Forest.

Due to camp area restrictions each campsite is under a different club members name. Mike and Tina: campsite #24 is under your name; Eric: Campsite #13 is under your name and campsite #23 is under my name. Atsion is sending me all of the reservation letters. Once I receive the letters - I will send your letter to each of you. If a campsite is reserved under your name, you are required to check in at the main office to register upon arrival so we can obtain our camping permits for each site. Check in time is after 12 noon and until 4 p.m. on Friday the 18th. If any of you need to arrive after 4 pm, please make sure to have your reservation letter with you and you can obtain the camping permit on Saturday morning.

Dennis and I usually try to take off on the Friday before so we hope to be up there before 4 p.m. , but we will let you know our plans as the date gets closer. If anyone is interested we are happy to caravan up to the campground.

Can't wait for this trip it is always a blast Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:19 pm

I should also be able to get off work early, so id gladly convoy up there with you guys. just keep me informed of your plans.
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:31 pm

BlackMagic KJ wrote:
I should also be able to get off work early, so id gladly convoy up there with you guys. just keep me informed of your plans.

you and i will be convoying together i'm assuming since our site is reserved under my name
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:21 pm

roger!!!! and we will prob leave work early, get all our gear together then meet Mudslinger where ever he says then roll up in our convoy.
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:05 am

MudSlinger: Is there any gear you would like me to see if i have? and should i try to get that big camp stove i was talking about?
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:50 pm

just got the notice of the camp site and everything in the mail, this should be fun!
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:39 am

JUST A QUESTION????

How is food and all that working? are we sharing and cooking together, or is everyone taking care of themselves??

And I can see about getting propane stoves and gear if we need it!
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 pm

BlackMagic KJ wrote:
JUST A QUESTION????

How is food and all that working? are we sharing and cooking together, or is everyone taking care of themselves??

And I can see about getting propane stoves and gear if we need it!

you and i should just bring a case each of MREs yeah
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:36 pm

What we did last year is went to grocery store near the campgrounds and then split the list up of the main dinners between us. One person bought the hamburgers, one person got the hotdogs, etc.

However, each person should plan on packing their own snacks, lunch items, drinks, etc. (no alcohol permitted).

Also, as of today, Wharton State Forest is in a Stage 3 Fire Restriction. This means, all fires in wooded areas are prohibited unless contained in an elevated stove using only propane, natural gas, gas, or electricity. No charcoal fires or campfires are allowed. The trip is a little over a month away, so hopefully we will get some rain and maybe the ban will be lifted, but for now if anyone has a propane gas grill we should plan on bringing it for cooking.

Sam and I will plan on bringing an extra tent. For those that have not been to Wharton there is a bathhouse available.

Can't wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:28 pm

the deal with food works for me..

and im working on getting a really big propane stove from my boyscout troop.
Back to top Go down
JeepinUSA

JeepinUSA

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Mudslinger wrote:
What we did last year is went to grocery store near the campgrounds and then split the list up of the main dinners between us. One person bought the hamburgers, one person got the hotdogs, etc.

However, each person should plan on packing their own snacks, lunch items, drinks, etc. (no alcohol permitted).

Also, as of today, Wharton State Forest is in a Stage 3 Fire Restriction. This means, all fires in wooded areas are prohibited unless contained in an elevated stove using only propane, natural gas, gas, or electricity. No charcoal fires or campfires are allowed. The trip is a little over a month away, so hopefully we will get some rain and maybe the ban will be lifted, but for now if anyone has a propane gas grill we should plan on bringing it for cooking.

Sam and I will plan on bringing an extra tent. For those that have not been to Wharton there is a bathhouse available.

Can't wait! Very Happy

no alcohol permitted??? Im not going then..lol...guess I'll have to pack my secret hiding spot then...woot woot..lol... lol! yeah cheers big grin What a Face Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next