Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Block Party

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
k_enn

k_enn

Block Party Empty
PostSubject: Block Party   Block Party EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:22 am

I just want to praise the Lord for blessing my church's block party on July 17. It was a good, inspirational time.

We closed off the street in front of the church, set up tables and chairs, awnings, grills, and buffet table. We had a good turnout from the church, as well as a number of neighbors.

The food -- usual hot dogs, saurkraut burgers, potato salad, macaroni salad, beans. Also, the Korean congregation brought a tray of kim chi, and some oriental noodles wiht vegetables (like celophane noodles, only thicker). The Hispanic congregation brought some stuff too, including a delicious casserole of cooked mashed plaintains (like a masked potato consistency) topped with fried egg and sausage. Plenty of good food all afternoon.

Also, we had face painting for the kids, and one of the local volunteer fire companies brought out their pumper truck to show to the kids and adults. We also had a small motorcycle show.

For me, the best part was the music. We set up our praise band outside. This time, we had a guest guitarist (a professional who has played with a number of big names over the year - this guy can really play) because I was supposed to be away this past weekend [1]. I was able to attend, very briefly reviewed the music the night before, and joined in a number of the songs. We also had a local person (formerly a trained actor) who did some intros to the music, and some dramatic scriptural recitations, and a personal testimony. He was outstanding. We brought in a professional sound company to set up the outside sound system (full system -- speakers, amps, equalizers, microphones, mixing board, etc.). We did three sets of praise music -- about an hour and half worth. Many different styles -- 80s techno/disco, latin, gospel, contemporary praise, etc. The live sound was good, and they also recorded a CD of the entire program. If someone can tell me how to post an audio clip, I will be glad to post a few samples.

It was truly a blessing to be there, and also to participate in the music.

k_enn

[1] I was scheduled to be at Rausch Creek last Thurs through Sun for the East Coast Xterra Challenge and would have missed the block party under normal circumstances. God seems to be at work with me in several respects --- as of last weekend it seemed my dog only had a day or two left to live, and would pass away before the offroading event. However, the Lord has blessed my wife and me with more days with our dog than we expected (he is still hanging in). As a result, I could not go to ECXC, as I was needed to physically care for the dog. Thus, God worked he way and brought me to the block party, and an opportunity to talk with several people active in various ministries that are outside our church. I am not sure where He is leading me, but I definitely feel a Higher Power has been at work on me this past week.

Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

Block Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Block Party   Block Party EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Sorry about your dog. Sad

We did miss you at ECXC though.

Without your annual after hours party influence and guidance, there was really no one to truly convince the younger guys of the evils of drinking too much...and, I'm afraid some of the wee lads did get a bit too tipsy.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.NORA4X4.com
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Block Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Block Party   Block Party EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Crying or Very sad sorry about the pup and missing *yawn* ECXC *yawn*....... (hehehe, J/K laugh )

....but sounds like a wonderful time you had otherwise!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
k_enn

k_enn

Block Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Block Party   Block Party EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:45 am

TJ wrote:
Sorry about your dog. Sad

We did miss you at ECXC though.

Without your annual after hours party influence and guidance, there was really no one to truly convince the younger guys of the evils of drinking too much...and, I'm afraid some of the wee lads did get a bit too tipsy.

Twisted Evil

At least my fame was before the days of "Wendy." IIRC, that was the year of the Giving Tree. :)

I am sure Brian could fill the other younger guys in on the evils of drinking too much. Nonetheless, I suspect there was still a "Wendy" this year. Who won?

Btw, the dog is still hanging in, although last night was a little tough. With the possible exception of last night (and we are not sure what was bothering him), he has not shown that he is pain. However, it appears that some functions are on the verge of shutting down. We may have to do what needs to be done any day now. We are just taking it on a day-by-day basis.

k_enn

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Block Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Block Party   Block Party Empty

Back to top Go down

Block Party
Page 1 of 1