Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Wrangler Purchase ? ? ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Wrangler Purchase ? ? ? Empty
PostSubject: Wrangler Purchase ? ? ?   Wrangler Purchase ? ? ? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:35 am

I am traveling about 90 miles (one way) to look into purchasing a 2006 Wrangler X at a Jeep Dealer. I have already been approved for credit by my credit union for more than I really want to pay.

I ask for your prayers that I don't get "ripped off" by dealership "games," and that I'll have the common sense to walk out if things get "pushy." And I need to remember at all times that I'm a Christian.
Back to top Go down
rockready

rockready

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler Purchase ? ? ?   Wrangler Purchase ? ? ? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:31 pm

nothing wrong with looking around for the right one. just dont jump on something because you can get the looking over with. if something dont feel right just walk away.
Back to top Go down
trillium

trillium

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler Purchase ? ? ?   Wrangler Purchase ? ? ? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:45 pm

Good luck Safari :) ... and if this isn't the right one, you will know it when you find it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler Purchase ? ? ?   Wrangler Purchase ? ? ? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:26 pm

I just love how the Lord works!

When I was only five miles from the dealership, I got a call from another salesman at another dealership that I must have talked to before my vacation. I didn't even know what vehicle(s) I had talked to him about or anyd idea of prices. I told him I was going to this first dealership.

I met the salesman at the first dealership and he helped me put down and put up the soft top on this TJ. I found out it's a lot easier than the YJ. I test drove it an loved it, even though it was an automatic. It had full hard doors, but I really wanted half doors. Then came the fun--NOT--part. They offered me $1,200 less on my trade in than any of the three previous appraisals I had gotten. and that amount was $700 more than I still owed on it. Their bottom line was $1,200 more than I was willing to pay and $1,700 more than I wanted to pay. I LEFT.

Then I thought about the salesman who had called two hours earlier and called him back, asking stupidly, "What vehicle are you talking about?" He explained and I figured I still had an extra hour to stop in at his dealership (about 20 miles from my home). This vehicle was a balck 2005 Wrangler X, 6 speed with about the same mileage as the vehicle I was trading in. They had just finished putting new Goodyear Wrangler MTR's and really nice chrome wheels on it and of course they jacked the price up. They offered me a fair, but not great, price for my trade in. I forget what their original bottom line was, but it was lower than the first dealership because this vehicle had more miles and was a year older. It was still more than I wanted to pay. I gave them a price I wanted to pay and they came down a little. I didn't budge. They came down a little more. I didn't budge. Finally after what seemed to be forever, and after listening to all the reasons they couldn't give me the vehicle at my price they asked me if I'd give them $100 (that's one hundred dollars)more than my previous offer. I said, "Yes," and the vehicle is now sitting in my driveway signed, sealed, and delivered. It just needs to be detailed yet, and they gave me an IOU for that. I'll post pics under the members rigs section after the detailing is finished.

God is Good! All the time!

All the time! God is good!
Back to top Go down
AutoDoc

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler Purchase ? ? ?   Wrangler Purchase ? ? ? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Congratulations Ed! Does this mean we'll see you back on the trails soon?

P.S. How's you back since the rollover? Still feeling better?
Back to top Go down
http://www.autodocweb.net
rockready

rockready

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler Purchase ? ? ?   Wrangler Purchase ? ? ? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:57 am

good to hear you found something you were looking for. and im glad you staying with a jeep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler Purchase ? ? ?   Wrangler Purchase ? ? ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrangler Purchase ? ? ?
Page 1 of 1