Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

TRAIL ITINERARIES

Go down 
+2
k_enn
XterraXtian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty
PostSubject: TRAIL ITINERARIES   TRAIL ITINERARIES EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Okay....for a club to be/remain successful, it needs to evolve/change with it's members.

That being said (and without beating dead horse ) we are going to try to go back to the OLD WAY
of running trails on our monthly rides.

We realize that some of you can only make it one day. Sometimes that day is a saturday
and saturdays are usually the 'easy day'. Well, for you modded people, that is not very fair.

We used to run it so that each day (sat and sun) had easier trails in the morning and hard
stuff in the afternoon. I cannot think back to the moment that changed and we figured easy
one day and hard the next, but I thought it was working. It really isn't.

Some of my favorite wheeling memories are of watching the entire group, one by one, come
down/up/around a crazy obstacle. And we ALL stood and watched eachother, taking pictures,
laughing. That was the greatest fellowship time. Even those who could not do the obstacle were
happy to watch.

I know there's a thin line between that and feeling like you wasted your $35 day pass by
watching people do stuff instead of wheeling....but there IS a balance and we believe we can
achieve that balance by going back to our half days.

We also ask that when you post up that you are coming on a ride, that you also add what specific
trails or level of difficulty you'd like to do.

I WANT FEEDBACK. Trail rides can only be awesome if everyone is involved. We do not want to
keep it the same all the time or monotonous (that was supposed to be funny). We want it to be fun.
And we want that to be because you ALL have a say in what we are doing!

SO....that's that. Saturdays and Sundays will be the same now. Greens and blues in the am and
blues and blacks in the afternoon. Now, when we have a large group like we did this weekend,
we can break off into green/blue and blue/black groups and stick to what we do all day. But if it's
a smaller group (until I get another rig to become second lead again) we will be doing it this way.

With your support and approval, of course. THIS IS YOUR CLUB. ALL of you. Talk to me. I do not
want to be "in charge" and its my way and no other.....I want to be a representative of you all, and
have you run the trails you'd like.

Sound good?
Love yous! God bless!

flag

Last edited by XterraXtian on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRAIL ITINERARIES   TRAIL ITINERARIES EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:55 pm

PS...that does not mean that the stock/slightly modified people will have nothing to do. I could always hop in with someone and lead a small group onto other trails while the others play. I simply want it to be the best of both worlds for everyone that comes out with us.

group hug
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
k_enn

k_enn

TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRAIL ITINERARIES   TRAIL ITINERARIES EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:11 am

I am pretty much ok with that. Generally, I am not built up enough to run blacks, but I can run blues all day. So, I can run a bit with you guys in the afternoon, just laying off of the blacks. Or, I can lead any other people that want to run greens and blues (there is usually at least one such person in the group).

k_enn
Back to top Go down

TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRAIL ITINERARIES   TRAIL ITINERARIES EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 3:30 pm

XterraXtian wrote:
PS...that does not mean that the stock/slightly modified people will have nothing to do. I could always hop in with someone and lead a small group onto other trails while the others play. I simply want it to be the best of both worlds for everyone that comes out with us.

group hug

sounds good ,,,,, I'll run anything with moderation,,,,,,,, mix it up is the best,,,,,,, its only fair that all members get to do what they can handle.

bliss

strut
Back to top Go down
AutoDoc

TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRAIL ITINERARIES   TRAIL ITINERARIES EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Whatever...I have as much fun watching stock newbies get excited about what they just managed to get through as I have shooting out of bowls trying to pin Chris to a tree! How about a camping/wheeling trip to GWNF this fall? Not much difficulty there, but some beautiful country and good exploring possibilities. It would be a good stocker run. Maybe I can talk Mrs. AutoDoc into coming along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.autodocweb.net
Milkman

Milkman

TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRAIL ITINERARIES   TRAIL ITINERARIES EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:04 pm

AutoDoc wrote:
How about a camping/wheeling trip to GWNF this fall? Not much difficulty there, but some beautiful country and good exploring possibilities. It would be a good stocker run.

I'd definately meet you guys at GW

Or you guys could check this out:
VAFWDA Annual Trail Ridebig grin

Its sponsored by Tidewater Fourwheelers, a great bunch of folks.
Back to top Go down
rockready

rockready

TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRAIL ITINERARIES   TRAIL ITINERARIES EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:05 pm

i think it sounds like a great idea to do this way. if someoone would like to volunteer for the secound part of the day to do greens and stuff like that, that would nice so the stockers can do there thing if they wanted to.
but putting the leval of dificulty down i think is a real good idea so we all understand where to put people in a group id we can run 2
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRAIL ITINERARIES   TRAIL ITINERARIES EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:20 am

I think it would have been a blast to watch some of the rigs do the harder trails. Maybe even do some ride-alongs. We probably would have stayed Sunday if we could have done some easier trails, so splitting up each day seems like a good idea. I would not have felt I didn't get my money's worth if I spent part of the day just watching some folks do the harder obstacles.
Back to top Go down
15"liftdreamer

TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRAIL ITINERARIES   TRAIL ITINERARIES EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:26 am

i thought this weekend was a great family weekend. But on the other hand I would like to start doing black trials, so all can laugh at me when i get stuck. So green/blue in the morning and blue/black in the afternoon works for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRAIL ITINERARIES   TRAIL ITINERARIES Empty

Back to top Go down

TRAIL ITINERARIES
Page 1 of 1