Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

FUNDRAISING IDEA

Go down 
+2
k_enn
XterraXtian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:23 pm

I have been thinking about different ways we could make money as a club.....money for helping others, getting things for the club, parties, etc etc. I came across a few websites that had fundraising ideas and they were very helpful. They ranged from small fun and easy things we can do....to organized sales (candles, chocolate, etc etc) through magazine orders. (you know the ones...the kids always have their parents bring them into work....wrapping paper and choclates....)

Anyway....I found one that sounds a bit goofy, but I think would really bring in some $$$. I'd like about 10-15 people to volunteer for this one. We can work in shifts....for about 4 hours.

Here's part of the description I found:

Sometimes it seems that your local grocery store can be too busy and that you always end up bagging your own groceries. This quick and easy fundraising idea lets you provide a nice service to your community and raise funds at the same time.

Find a busy grocery store that is willing to help your group and pick a busy day of the week. Print off flyers that explain your group and what you are doing in the store that day. Hand out the flyers to people entering the store. Give your “baggers” a quick lesson on how to properly bag, for example heavy items on the bottom and eggs and bread on the top. Have a tip jar at each register. You may want each bagger to wear a nametag with your group’s name on it as well. Bag each person’s groceries quickly and with a smile.

I think it'd be awesome to have our t-shirts done by the time we do this. What do you think? Chris and I think this would be cool. We could all be side by side and take turns. We could make it some saturday afternoon and then have a BBQ at Chris' house.

I really want to do things like this. We can give some of the money to charity...the rest, for something for the club.

There's always the fun and easy 50/50 Raffle. We could do this at RC on a weekend and pick the winner at the end of the weekend.

GIVE ME YOUR INPUT....PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!

big grin
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:35 pm

what about a cherity ride?

say a 2 day event of wheelin at the cost of admission and $20 or so extra, to cover cherity. (say $100 total event cost)
donate 1/2 of procedings to childrens hospital or something. and for those who show up that did not know about the event ... have a donation box, maybe work some thing out with the park to get discounted tickets even as thier part of a donation. then you can help the club and some children.

just an idea ....
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:16 am

thumbs up Nice idea! Thanks. We'll keep that one in mind...but one thing we want to do is get out into the community and help. We wheel all the time, and only wheelers see us. Know what I mean? But this is a great idea!
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:54 pm

XterraXtian wrote:

GIVE ME YOUR INPUT....PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!

big grin

I wasn't kidding....but with only ONE response, I figure I will have to change gears. PLEASE READ.

So...understanding that we don't all live in the same areas and sometimes don't 'feel like traveling' to do stuff, I was wondering if anyone wanted to find something in their area to do as a fundraiser. Or would like to do one of the other ideas we've had, but in their area. I know there are some people that live closer to Rausch in a more concentrated area. There are also several of you in the Lancaster area.

Chris and I are so serious about this club and its MISSION (NOT just wheeling) that we would happily travel to do something.

I want to plan a fundraiser to make money to send to a charity/church/mission that we all agree upon. I'd like to raise money for the club itself, to be able to buy flags and tracts to hand out at events, etc. The flags and tracts that we passed out at last years PA JEEPS SHOW went quickly and were well received by people. Maybe even eventually do something with it like a "Christian Fair" type event. (yah, I dream big sometimes)

But it isn't JUST about raising money. It's about SERVING too. I'd love for us to go and do some of the things like we did this past saturday at Serve Fest. I've even looked into ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY. It's a neat idea. We'd be responsible for the clean-up of the area we adopt. We get a road sign. Make the world prettier one mile at a time! HAHAHA!!! Really, though, so much awesomeness happened at Serve Fest. We could easily do it. (I can tell you more about it later)

This doesn't need to be elaborate or a 'pain'....it's actually fun and easy and for a great reason. If you're not able to serve with us, please consider serving at your church or in your community. It's not so much about the club as it is to be honoring God. I'm just saying that if we CAN get together as a club to do so, then that's fantastic!!! Strength in numbers. Showing Unity.

Wheeling is important, but #2 to us. We can, and are far more capable of, doing more. I know we're all busy. Tired. Working. Some of us aren't working and that's a struggle. Having problems paying bills. We're all there...in the same boat. But so many people have it WAY worse. We are blessed and should show people that....especially those who do not know Christ like we do.

I'm not complaining. And we certainly appreciate you guys. Not many clubs consistantly have the amount of people show up for runs like our club does....and our time with you guys ROCKS. We love you. But there's so much more to do.

That's all.
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:03 am

Hold a Sunday worship service at Rausch once a month, and pass the plate?
Back to top Go down
rockready

rockready

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:06 pm

what about having a car show i know cc did it once before i think
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyWed May 06, 2009 1:51 pm

It's taken me a while to respond because I didn't want to come off the wrong way.
It is NOT my intention to turn people off or make them uncomfortable.

But if you read what I am trying to say....you will see that I meant AWAY from wheeling. Sure, we can have a service on a sunday, but I am certain that passing a plate to anyone other than our own club members would probably come off differently that you'd think (I wish it wasn't that way). Car shows are something we want to do to promote the club, but other than selling water at the tent, I can't see how we'd make money. Most people aren't going to fork over too much money to be in a car show that small.

And while I wrack my brain lookng for ways for us to raise money to be able to DO more, I was talking more about serving than anything. Non-moneymaking service is important too. Christ's light shining through us.

Anyway. I'll make a list of ideas I have for both fundraising and plain old serving and see what we get. The Car Wash idea Robby brought up was a SUPER idea. Cheerleaders we are not, but we can wash cars just as good as they can!!!! HAHAHA!!!

I love you guys and want us to do great things in our communities. Like I said, we can travel to YOUR area to do stuff. We can multiple things to do in multiple areas. I just want us to be together and doing things that show Christ's love.
cross
Back to top Go down
rockready

rockready

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyWed May 06, 2009 2:22 pm

i got a pressure washer if needed. little tempermental it is but it works. car washes hard to fit in because during the hot days for the summer i know alot of good places that we could do it but alot of them are already scheduled way ahead of time.
with the car show i wasnt even talking about selling stuff i was just saying to go and have an impression. i have a hard time writing what i mean most times. sorry
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:11 pm

No No! I didn't mean anything by it. I understood what you were saying....I was just saying that we already PLAN on car shows and possibly trying to head one up ourselves....and that we want people to help serve their communities too.
Back to top Go down
rockready

rockready

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:34 pm

ok cool i understand. its amazing how things can get a little out of wack not talking but by writing.
Back to top Go down
ly13

ly13

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi XJXtian,
I was just reading up on your post. another way you can do a fundraising is with Chick-fil-A in Abingdon i can give you the marketing director # that take care of that stuff. I to work with
Chick-fil-A as a marketing director in perry hall and the joppa road store in parkville. it easy and everyone eat out one night a week so why not @ chick-fil-a and earn money @ the same time.
it from 5-8pm you get 20% of the total you just need a tax exempt card.
Ly
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:54 am

Thanks Lee! What a wonderful idea! We did something like that with The Maryland Rock Raiders Club one time....we all met at the Chili's down in Whitemarsh and 10% of everyone's bill went to the American Diabetes Association. That was awesome! The ADA is important to us, as my awesome husband Chris (JeeperX) has been diabetic since he was 13.

I will definitely look into that. Thanks for the suggestion....and we're ALWAYS happy to help a Christian business out too. I have chosen products and services by whether or not it's a Christian business. "Keep it in the family", right?!

We're glad you got to meet Dennis and Samantha on friday...sorry we missed you, but I got off work at 7:30 and Chris had had a loooong day, so we just cooked on the grill and chilled with our furry kids. Hope to meet you soon!!
Back to top Go down
PUNISHER350

PUNISHER350

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:59 pm

i want to take the proper time to read all this and help in some type of way but i just got back from RC and im beat ill respond properly tomorrow. lol
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Very strange, apr 9 – and this is the first I’ve seen the “blue” monitor, anyway… we’re on vacation right now & I took a down moment to scrounge the forum… there are some cool ideas mentioned & we’re interested… will read the thread in more detail when we get back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
PUNISHER350

PUNISHER350

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:35 pm

I have friends that work at a giant close to my house if it's ok with you all I'll talk to them about maybe a bagger for charity event and maybe bring some jeeps in just let me know thanx
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:34 pm

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Got an idea for York, too. That is if they’ll let us… Are there any restrictions as to what you can do from the both? Paula has been playing with the idea of making tee shirts. She’s done a few – and a few oneses (sp?) for babies – cute!

Would they let us do raffle tickets, or take donations on shirts for charities from the booth?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
Sponsored content

FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUNDRAISING IDEA   FUNDRAISING IDEA Empty

Back to top Go down

FUNDRAISING IDEA
Page 1 of 1