Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Project "Red Dragon"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

Project "Red Dragon" Empty
PostSubject: Project "Red Dragon"   Project "Red Dragon" EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 1:59 pm

Got this off another forum. Pattey and I met this family at the PA Jeep Show and I will be there for sure. I have also volunteered us to help in any way we can.
Here is a link to the write up that Pattey did after meeting them.

https://alphaomegaoffroad.forumotion.com/prayer-and-praise-f8/for-cale-t106.htm?highlight=cale

This s the message from Cale's mother.

Quote :
Hey All:

Some may already know me.......and some of you may not.....yet! (smile)

I am the crazy marine mom that has taken on the huge project of restoring my favorite Marines Jeep......The Red Dragon!

We are nearing the end of our project and the big reveal is planned for November 9th at 12pm at Adams Jeep of Aberdeen, After the reveal we will "parade" to the American Legion in Perry Hall where they are hosting a "Bull Roast" for us. The Legion has plenty of room to park, great pit beef and turkey, adult beverage and of course it is a great place to hang out and talk big. All the local news channels will be there (york and baltimore). I hope to see all of you there!

Check out www.myspace.com/calesjeepmakeover for more info!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project "Red Dragon"   Project "Red Dragon" EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:43 am

keep us posted chris bliss

strut
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: Project "Red Dragon"   Project "Red Dragon" EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 9:56 am

yeah That's this weekend!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Project "Red Dragon"   Project "Red Dragon" EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 11:07 am

XterraXtian wrote:
yeah That's this weekend!!!

Anyone going and where the hek is that at lol

bliss

strut
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: Project "Red Dragon"   Project "Red Dragon" EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 11:08 am

Pattey and I will be there. I just have to get the control arms and drive shaft on the Jeep. Shocked

It is at Adams Jeep in Aberdeen Maryland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project "Red Dragon"   Project "Red Dragon" EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:23 pm

So??? Update with pics???
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: Project "Red Dragon"   Project "Red Dragon" EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 9:30 pm

Chris will be uploading the pics and putting the video of the unveiling on YouTube tomorrow.

It was a great day. We got to Adams Jeep around 11:45 and not too soon after, more and more
people showed up. There was a DJ and a stage set up and a Jeep under a tarp. But there was something
very wrong with the SHAPE of the Jeep. So, being the first ones there, we kinda wandered over to the
guys setting up and found out that it wasn't really Cale's Jeep under there. It was a stock YJ with a plow,
which made for a FREAKY lump under the tarp! But we cracked up at the idea of playing a joke on Cale.

Finally, it was time we crowd around as Cale and his girlfriend pulled into the parking lot. It was the first
time he was seeing his family since coming back to the states! He came out and they brought up the
people involved in the remodel and what-not. Cale thanked some people and then came time for the
reveal.

As they were getting ready (pretending of course) to pull the tarp off of the strangely shaped Jeep under
it, someone pulled into the parking lot from around behind everyone and with the roar of a new much more
powerful engine, The Red Dragon came barreling in and everyone cheered.

Cale looked overwhelmed and happy. I have the video of it all and Chris will post it on YouTube tomorrow.
It was a great day. After a while admiring the Jeep (man, it was BEAUTIFUL!) a bunch of us modded Jeeps
fell in line behind Cale and drove to the American Legion where they were having a bull-roast for Cale's event.

The food was great and meeting Cale was a wonderful experience...what a great guy! We had met his
girlfriend, Lauren and his mom at the PA Jeeps show, where I promptly (in true Pattey fashion) teared up
at their story. We had them over to our tent for morning prayer and we prayed for Cale's safety and return.

The whole bunch were a pleasure meeting and I'm glad we got to be a part of it.
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project "Red Dragon"   Project "Red Dragon" Empty

Back to top Go down

Project "Red Dragon"
Page 1 of 1