Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Need some help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
XRebelFlagX

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Need some help   Need some help EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:21 am

hey guys! I have to sell my Toyota FJ Cruiser. Dont want to but I have to cuz divorce sucks. Anyone interested? I am asking only what its worth according to Kelly Blue Book, which is 16700. Its 07 with about 80k miles. Gray, roof fack, sub mounted in back. BFG AT tires. Off rd pkg. I am gonna get a used cherokee which brings me to my actual question. Auto or manual trans? i can drive stick, but was wondering if ppl tend to burn out the clutch wheeling, and how tricky is to have a stick while wheeling. I dont do rock crawling, or serious stuff, just stocker trails. Just dont wanna mess anything up. I am mecvhanically retarded, so I cant be breaking stuff. Also, what the difference between long and short arm lift? Im new to this stuff. Anyone feel free to text me, we are all friends as far as I am concerned. 4438662486. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:08 am

I prefer to drive a stick shift but it is really personal preference. I am sorry to hear about the divorce but have been there and know how it is.

Long arms are just that, long control arms that go from about the center of the vehicle to the axles. More flex and better on road ride IMHO

Short arms just replace the factory arms and help lift the vehicle. Nothing wrong with them and they are less expensive. If you are not into serious rock crawling the Short arm replacements will be a solid move.

Back to top Go down
XRebelFlagX

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks, I dont know about lifts of anything really being new to all this. I heard that short are isnt good for anything over 4in lift cuz it puts the drive shaft at a bad angle and can create too much prussure when on a steep grade, but I really have no idea. I just dont wanna buy something that is already "built up" and be buying something that isnt done right. Like I said, I am not mechanically inclined. Another reason I am happy to be in this group. I know that if i(or anyone) need work done, there are great people with the knowledge and tools to help. I am sure one day I will learn about all this stuff, and parts, and everything else, but until then I will be asking lots of questions.
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:05 pm

to confuse you more... with a SYE you can fix the drive line issues... but I would not go more than 4" with a short arm. If you can swing the money I would always go long arm. Here is a picture of a long arm, on mine.

Need some help IMG_5207_zps15c07e61
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Omega Offroad :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: MEMBERS RIGS-
Jump to: