Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Overlanding

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Larryboy

Larryboy

Overlanding Empty
PostSubject: Overlanding   Overlanding EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Is anyone here interested in overlanding?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Larryboyy
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

Overlanding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overlanding   Overlanding EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Larry - What do you consider Overlanding in the US? When I think Overlanding, I'm thinking something like a backcountry 4x4 safari in Africa (for example), pitching a tent every night and tearing it down the next morning. The point being the journey is at least as important as the destination. I'm not sure there are too many places to legally do 4x4 overlanding in the US, as opposed to a simple backpacking backcountry trip or even "car" camping (hate the word since I don't own any cars anymore) -Jeff
Back to top Go down
Larryboy

Larryboy

Overlanding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overlanding   Overlanding EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Green Bay TJ wrote:
Larry - What do you consider Overlanding in the US? When I think Overlanding, I'm thinking something like a backcountry 4x4 safari in Africa (for example), pitching a tent every night and tearing it down the next morning. The point being the journey is at least as important as the destination. I'm not sure there are too many places to legally do 4x4 overlanding in the US, as opposed to a simple backpacking backcountry trip or even "car" camping (hate the word since I don't own any cars anymore) -Jeff

Your right. there are very limited places to overland in the us. Some people feel that 'overlanding' is a foreign term and takes place in remote foreign locations. That being said we still have some vast land in the us that stretches for miles that can still be explored and used for overlanding. Still there isn't much. Some amazing states with endless miles of untouched overlanding bliss that you wouldn't think of. Pennsylvania/Idaho/Utah/wyoming/Arizona and the list goes on. North america alone is pretty amazing. Canada has some awesome places. Also south america and the middle americas would be an overlanding dream. I was thinking of planing a trip. Not only as an overlanding trip but a missions trip all in one.

Found this pic for a visual of what im thinking of doing.

Overlanding Idaho+Overland+Route
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Larryboyy
Sponsored content

Overlanding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overlanding   Overlanding Empty

Back to top Go down

Overlanding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Omega Offroad :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: EVERYTHING ELSE/OFF TOPIC-
Jump to: