Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Prayers for my Wife Tammy

Go down 
+2
Orangecrush
02liberty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
02liberty

02liberty

Prayers for my Wife Tammy  Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for my Wife Tammy    Prayers for my Wife Tammy  EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Hello this is Jim here, just wanted to give you guys an update on Tammy. We haven't really posted what has been going on with her the past 2 years but thought it was time to share this. Just over 2 years ago Feb 2011 Tammy had hit her head and after 3 trips to the ER without them sending her for a cat scan her family Dr finally sent her for one and she was diagnosed with a very large blood clot in the main vein of her brain, she was life flighted up to Geisinger in Danville, Pa. They started her on blood thinners , her vision was way off and doubled because of the swelling of her optic nerve, they were treating her for the clot but not really for the vision problems, she was in for 5 days before being released to go home with vision problems still and could not walk without me helping here. They diagnosed her with Psuedotumor Cerbri which is basically a false brain tumor, all the symptoms of a brain tumor but no tumor present. Was told to come back in a month for checkup, went back in March to see her Neuro Dr her right eye had started to turn inwards towards her nose because of the pressure building up from excessive spinal fluid in her head causing her optic nerve to swell. So they admitted her again for a 3 day stay this time and started her on medication to slow the production of spinal fluid, which helped to bring the swelling of her optic nerve down, unfortunately a side effect of it was kidney stones which she had at least 2 in 6 months so they took her off it as the swelling of the optic nerve seemed to be staying down, but due to this she lost her peripheral vision in her right eye and some regular vision lost, she had always had 20/20 vision.

Fast forward to March 11 2013 went to Geisinger for one of her yearly 2 MRI's and to see her Nuro DR. Had MRI done then after go to Nuro appointment, brings up MRI pics and tells us what we have wanted to hear for over 2 years that the blood clot was gone.... You would think that would be the GREATEST news ever Wrong she was/is still having headaches/pressure pain daily has been since February 2011 has not had a pain free day in over 2 years. They had told us that the Psuedotumor Cerbri was secondary to the blood clot and that when the clot was gone so should the headaches and pressure pain. Psuedotumor Cerbri from what we have been told and info from the internet is non curable it may go into "remission" . They changed her pain meds and are trying another med to try and slow the production of spinal fluid so we will have to see how that goes. Needless to say Tammy is a mess right now, she was so hoping that once the clot was gone so would all the pain and pressure she was having seems that is not going to be the case .

We met some of you at the Pa Jeep show last year and if you guys weren't so far away would really like to attend some things , and we check in here pretty regularly so thought it was about time to share this with all of you. We had never heard of Psuedotumor Cerbri before all this happened and I am sure most of you haven't either . So if you could keep Tammy in your prayers we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Tammy & Jim
Back to top Go down
Orangecrush

Orangecrush

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Wife Tammy    Prayers for my Wife Tammy  EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Thank you so much for sharing. You guys are in our thoughts and of course in our prayers. prayers You know, when Tammy is feeling up to it we could always plan a trip to you guys so that you don't have to travel so far. I am sure knowing this group that others would be up for it! Even if it is just a cook-out or a dinner....we would love to see you guys again.

Let us know and give Tammy a big hug for us. group hug
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Wife Tammy    Prayers for my Wife Tammy  EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 pm

Appreciate the update....thanks for taking the time to share. We appreciate the fact that you guys have supported the club for such a long time...and you both are in our thoughts and our prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do...I second Orangecrush's idea for a road trip ---you guys are close to Rausch and we are frequent visitors there!

cross
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Wife Tammy    Prayers for my Wife Tammy  EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 pm

prayers

We are praying here and I will lift her up to our west coast Bible study.
Back to top Go down
02liberty

02liberty

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Wife Tammy    Prayers for my Wife Tammy  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Jim here again

Thanks for the support and keeping Tammy in your prayers. We will keep an eye on the clubs upcoming events and try to make a few depending how Tammy is feeling. We will definitely be at the PA Jeep Show LOL this is coming directly from Tammy Very Happy She said to look us up in class 11 Modified JK class, and we will be sure to stop at the alpha/omega tent.

Again Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers

Tammy & Jim

Last edited by 02liberty on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Wife Tammy    Prayers for my Wife Tammy  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:56 am

Prayer said.

Be patient. Head trauma is tough. My wife had a severe blow to the head several years ago. Furtunately, no clotting or clotting related problems -- just a blow to the head. For years she had head pain problems, periodic episodes of being unresponsive (i.e., eyes rolled back and not responding to sound or touch, which would last from a few minutes to over 15 minutes), sensitivity to light, and other symptoms. It has taken several years for most of the symptoms to stop (but she still has memory issues).

It is a long process to recovery from head trauma. Do not expect a quick return to normalcy. Be there for each other, and have faith that God will restore her. He is not called "The Great Healer" for nothing.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
ih8pepl73

ih8pepl73

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Wife Tammy    Prayers for my Wife Tammy  EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Prayers sent your way! I love you
Back to top Go down
02liberty

02liberty

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Wife Tammy    Prayers for my Wife Tammy  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks everyone for the prayers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Wife Tammy    Prayers for my Wife Tammy  Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for my Wife Tammy
Page 1 of 1