Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

The next big step...

Go down 
+2
T-Case
ih8pepl73
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ih8pepl73

ih8pepl73

The next big step... Empty
PostSubject: The next big step...   The next big step... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Tonight Denise and I got Baptised. Full submersion baptisim. I'm not sure of Denise's time, but I surrendered my life to the Lord in May of 2011.

Here's the honest, no holds barred version of how we got to where we are now:

Jan. 2011: I was so fed up with where my life was going and where my marriage was not going. I felt that there was so much lacking in my marriage but I did not have the heart to talk to Denise about how I was feeling. I ended up taking solice with a much younger female and had a short affair with her. NOT the smart way to handle unhappiness! Not a smart way to handle ANYTHING!!! In March, Denise found a text from the girl and that just set off the fireworks. The frustration in my head spewed out and I really let her have it. I told her everything that was in my head and in my heart. The good, the bad and the ugly! I left the house and moved in with my mom. Didn't want to but I had nowhere to go. About two days later, I stopped by to see my kids and get some things. Another big argument ensued and I was arrested for the first time ever! (And it will be my ONLY time!) While sitting in a holding cell, I had a talk with God. I kept asking Him to see me through the stiuation and to guide me through, since I was very scared! The only thought that kept going through my head was "Footprints". By the grace of God, I was released after only three hours and was ordered a "No contact" by the commisioner. I went back to my mom's both releaved and ashamed. My mom said that I didn't have to pay any rent - or for anything. But she did have two rules: 1) I had to do work around the house. 2) I had to go to Church. My mom had been trying for years to get me to go to church since I was like 12!
Anyway, I said ok and started going to her church. The Perry Hall Family Worship Center welcomed me with open arms and I liked it from the start. The people were awesome and so nice that I felt at home. After only about a month, I gave my life to the Lord and let him into my heart! After my court date in June, I started working with Denise to get our marriage in shape and to mend a LOT of broken windows. She started going to church with me and she felt the same way that I did. We ended up going every Sunday and soon started marriage counseling with the Pastor. After 8 weeks of counseling, we had made huge headway. Even the Pastor said that he had never seen a couple go so far so fast in the counseling process. I believe that soon after, Denise gave her life to the Lord and even forgave me for my horrible act.

2012: We have been going to PHFWC now for well over a year. Our marriage has gotten a lot stronger, our love has gotten a lot stronger and our faith has solidified. So when we heard that my church was going to have water Baptisim, we jumped at it. I believe that we were the second ones to sign up! We, along with about 10 others got fully submerged in the batismal pool on the pulpit. It was such an awesome feeling! So uplifting and spiritually cleansing. We both have said that we feel "lighter" and that we want to change ourselves inside and out.

I know that sometimes the Lord will make you hit bottom so that you focus on Him and you appreciate all that you have. I know that Jesus walks with us and guides us through our lives together. My marriage is the strongest it's been since the beginning and I have the feeling that we will be together for a long time - hopefully til we grow old!

I can say for sure that God is truely the answer! amen
Back to top Go down
T-Case

T-Case

PostSubject: Re: The next big step...   The next big step... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:54 pm

I have to say that is very moving. I'm glad you two got your marriage back together and your priorities straightened out.
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: The next big step...   The next big step... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:49 am

Great testimony, and thanks for sharing.

I can relate to some of what you went through. My wife and I had some tough times, and we were even separated for about 6 months. I wasn't sure what to say or do -- do I try to talk to her, do I just give up and go my own way, do I try other ways to get back together? A friend referred me to Exodos 14:14 ("The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still" - NIV). I followed that advice, and let her sort things out for herself. I just had to trust the Lord to take care of it for me. It was hard for me not to take action, but it was good that I followed the advice because I surely would have messed things up. Needless to say, the Lord came through and we got back together. The whole experience has helped me trust the Lord even more.

So, sometimes the Lord brings these things into our life for a reason. We may not see the reason at the time, but I am convinced that there is a purpose for what happens. In your case, you have to wonder where you would be spiritually now if that whole incident did not occur.

God is good, all the time.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
Orangecrush

Orangecrush

PostSubject: Re: The next big step...   The next big step... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Thank you so much for shaing and I am truly happy for the both of you. What a wonderful testimony. You probably do not realize how many people you will touch with your guys' story. Den and I know of a few folks who are really struggling with various aspects of their life and wonder if God is really listening. Your story reinforces that he does hear us and he is always with us in the storm.
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: The next big step...   The next big step... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks for sharing that. I love it when people share their stories because when I was trying to run from God, I thought I was the only one going through what ever it was. Knowing that others struggle and win is very encouraging and up lifting.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: The next big step...   The next big step... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:18 pm

flag flag flag flag flag flag flag flag

FANTASTIC!!!! GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The next big step...   The next big step... Empty

Back to top Go down

The next big step...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Omega Offroad :: FAITH TOPICS :: TESTIMONIES-