Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Praise God for an Angel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Praise God for an Angel Empty
PostSubject: Praise God for an Angel   Praise God for an Angel EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:18 pm

I really got smacked in the face with Christ-like behavior today at Home Depot. I cried half of the way home because I was so moved by the man's actions and so ashamed of my own.

Chris is off wheeling right now, trailered his Jeep, so he has the pick-up truck too. I had to go to Home Depot to pick up a couple more chairs. (their outdoor sling chairs are $9 less than Wal-Mart!) I had my 2000 TJ. Not a lot of hauling room....but it was only 2 chairs after all.

I struggled and moved a couple things around, but couldn't quite turn it the way I needed to make it all fit. Frustration. A man and his wife and daughter pulled into the empty spot next to me where I was about to try to attempt a different way. I stood against my Jeep facing inside it and waited the (what felt like) TEN minutes it took for him to get out of his car (his door was half open). Finally he did, and when he closed his door, he said, "Hello". I answered back a short, tight, "Hi", making it clear HE was the one hindering my progress, however untrue it was.

They walked around back of my Jeep and then he turned back and came around the side I was on and asked if he could help me with the chairs. Being Mrs. "I need no one" Indepedent, I said no and thank you. He insisted. I smiled and we both lifted the chairs up and moved them around and around until we found a way to get them in so they'd be secure. I laughed and clapped and called him the "Puzzle Man" and thanked him profusely and told him, "God Bless You" as I shook his hand and held his arm.

I think part of me did not want him to leave...because I wanted to say, "HOW DO YOU DO THAT?". I was short with him and dismissed the fact another human was even near me....yet he wanted to help me? WOW.

I usually wait for someone to ask for help. Even if there's a time I offer, if someone says NO, even though I see them struggle, I still walk away. But he saw right through my tough girl "I got it" act and helped me. It was awesome. And I know race has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING...but he was Hispanic and around here, you do not either 1. see many or 2. interact when you do.

I was blessed with a HUGE lesson today. I am a good person, and usually treat people as well as I'd like to be treated....but this guy went above and beyond for the greeting I gave him. It made me remember to be more like Christ. He was.

Praise flowing up to God on this one!!!
amen

Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

Praise God for an Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praise God for an Angel   Praise God for an Angel EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Awesome. Sounds like you had a small taste of what I call "out of despair . . . grace!" See, for example 2 Samuel Ch 9. If you read this, keep in mind that Mephibosheth expected David to have him killed, since he represented a direct blood line to Saul, and thus could lay a claim to the throne. He did not know about the friendship David had with his father.
Back to top Go down

Praise God for an Angel
Page 1 of 1