Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TJ

TJ

MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:05 pm

They update the number of seats left, etc, manually, so we'll see it lag and jump, etc.

So far, representing Alpha Omega, we have:

Mudslinger

Slimer

Green Bay TJ

Myself

Very Happy

If we all do the comfort inn, we get a discount there with RC, so that works too.

Very Happy

Maybe a Friday night convoy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.NORA4X4.com
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 pm

I sent TL! the message. Jason modified the database so that I could enter a new username but keep my email address. So I am now registered for the class. Regarding the Comfort Inn, I don't know there is a requirement for all of us to stay there to get the RC discount. My first time up to RC we stayed there. I saw the photos of RC on the counter and mentioned that I was going there. They gave me a significant discount (about 30% lower) on the spot without me knowing about it or asking for it. But if we are all going up there, I'm fine with staying there if they don't book up first. Agree - go up Friday night. Nothing like getting up early, driving 2-1/2 hours to get to the class on Saturday, then staying alert all day in a class (I mean Nothing - like it ain't going to happen if I can avoind it.)
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:58 pm

All you need for the discount at the comfort inn is to say you'll be at RC.

I didn't mean we had to do it together per se, just that if we stayed there, we'd all get it.

Very Happy

Friday night is a no brainer for me too.

Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Reservations made for 10/5 (Friday). Let me know what you all want to do about caravaning up.
Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:07 am

Mudslinger wrote:
Reservations made for 10/5 (Friday). Let me know what you all want to do about caravaning up.

Dennis - you did make reservations for 2 nights? I think this is a 2-day course - Sat and Sun. So you will need a room Fri and Sat night unless you are planning on camping at RC Sat night. I have not made lodging arrangements yet, would consider 1 night at Comfort Inn and 1 night camping at RC, otherwise I am leaning towards camping at the KOA.
Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:41 pm

I made reservations at comfort inn for 2 nights, Oct 5 and 6. I was going to stay at KOA but all tent sites with electric are gone, no way to keep my iphone/alarm clock charged.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:17 pm

I like the comfort inn for that reason too.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Now have reservations for Friday and Saturday!!

As far as caravaning up....I will not be leaving here until about 5:30-6:00 depending on what time I get home from work. Not sure about other folks schedules.

Let me know!
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:32 am

Mudslinger wrote:
Now have reservations for Friday and Saturday!!

As far as caravaning up....I will not be leaving here until about 5:30-6:00 depending on what time I get home from work. Not sure about other folks schedules.

Let me know!

Yeah, I'd have to finish work too, so that's probably fine and dandy

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 7:51 am

It looks like registration packets with more info and pre-homework will be sent out soon.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Just got my packet in the mail, and teaching assignment for the course in the email. We also have to complete the online course prior to heading up. I had been taking this anyway, stopped at about 90% through the course a month or so ago. It takes about an hour. Plus a fair amount of reading in the training packet. I did not look at the flash drive in the packet yet.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 am

I JUST got my packet...and I need to read it, etc....I guess today, wed and thur.

I hope I can sit through the class OK, I did something to a disk in my back yesterday...hurts like a mo fo.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 am

So I'll most likely leave for the comfort inn tonight ~ 5-6-ish...depending on who's heading up when, etc. (not cast in stone...sort of after dinner)

I'm leaving from Lawrenceville (08648) at that time range - which is along Rt1/295/95/206 etc.

How does that mesh?

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 am

I'm leaving straight from work this afternoon. I think I'll take the shorter but longer route from Harford county through Lancaster, since I'm leaving from the east side of the county. Mapquest says only 3 minutes longer, don't know how traffic will be in Lancaster, and what the horse and buggy traffic will be like. So will probably leave arounf 4:30, hope to be there by 7:30 at comfort inn.
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:57 am

I am leaving my house about 5:30ish, so like Green Bay I will probably be at the Comfort Inn around 7:30 (depending of course on traffic and if 83 cooperates). My cell phone is 443-528-0991 so call me when you all arrive- I would be up for dinner if you all are interested.
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks TJ for setting up this class...I found it to be very informative and I am glad we did it. Thanks Greenabay for attending as well and a thank you to Rausch for hosting the training. Jason, the instructor, was awesome.

Greenbay and I will need to get the club together to host a tread lightly class (it is a requirement of being a Master Trainer). More details as to a date to follow!!!
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:13 pm

I enjoyed it too!

I liked how interactive it was, instead of just sitting there at a lecture, etc.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 pm

We were at Adams today taking care of the paperwork on the new jeep. My sales guy, Mike, is a TL! member. I told him about the training we took this past weekend and suggested we might have a TL! tent at the next Adams Jeep Jam. I know PA Jeeps was a sponsor this year, if there is interest for the club having a tent, we might consider coordinating with PA Jeeps - maybe having a TL! tent between A/O and PA Jeeps (remember, Grant from this weekend is a member of PA Jeeps). Just somthing to think about.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:55 am

That sounds like its already a done deal logistically.

Let's formalize it. Make the arrangements.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Should not be a problem. I'm pretty sure Galen (service manager at Adams) makes the arrangements for Jeep Jam. Considering I spent about $13K in the service department this year (most on my old TJ), and bought a new Jeep at Adams today, and am getting $5K of add-ons to the new jeep done by the service department - don't think this should be a problem. Of course, I would be willing to pay some for a tent space if needed. I spoke to Jason today and ordered some materials that may be here in time for me to use with our scouts on this weekends camping trip. Sounds like he will be sending out contact info, so I'll send Grant a message to see if PA Jeeps would be interested in sharing a TL! tent with us.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Good Job!

army
Back to top Go down
Orangecrush

Orangecrush

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks as always Greenbay for thinking of new ideas. For Club Sponsored events etc., we should discuss this as a group before we finalize plans. This would be a great topic to discuss at our upcoming meeting/Christmas/Thanksgiving party.
Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 pm

I don't think I mentioned anything about having a club tent at Adams Jeep Jam outside of this forum. My comments to Mike Gardner at Adams were along the lines of promoting TL! So I'll follow up with Adams about having a tent for TL! independent of any club affiliations. If we decide as a club to have a presence at Adams Jeep Jam in 2013 we can also discuss if we would like to invite the folks at PA Jeeps to help staff a TL! tent, or just keep it separate from any club affiliations altogether. BTW - I'll be in California during the club party but plan on being available in February.
Back to top Go down
Orangecrush

Orangecrush

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:01 am

My apologies for my misunderstanding...I must of misread something (which given my week at work is certainly possible), I thought I remember reading something along the lines that if there was interest in for the club having a tent or a tent between A/O and PA Jeeps...so I mistakingly thought you were talking about A/O having a tent in support of TL! - which is an awesome idea. In any event...I certainly would be willing to help staff a TL! tent.

Anyway, enjoy your trip - we will miss you in November.
Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Don't think you misread, probably just stopped me from making some calls or sending emails before any discussion with the club. Of course, at the rate I get around to doing things these days, it might have been several weeks before I got around to doing any of that. But I just had an idea about TL!. tread trainers and 3 year members (I'm both) can apply for a grant each quarter through TL! for things like clean-up activities, outreach, anything consistent with getting active and getting the TL! message out. I might find out how much it would cost for a tent space at Adams next summer, and apply for a grant to cover that cost, cost of a canopy (mine has bug netting on all sides, not good for inviting people in), vinyl TL! banner, basic outreach materials - what is needed to run a TL! display in a 10x10 exhibit space. Essentially an exhibit kit and costs to cover one or two events. Then this could be made available to trainers in TJ's region for taking to places like Adams Jeep Jam, Jeeps in the Vineyard, All Breeds Jeep show, etc. I'm planning on coming out to Lowe's tomorrow night (with my new jeep even though it only has it's baby tires right now), maybe we can discuss a little then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class   MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MASTER TREAD TRAINER - Organizing a Class
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next