Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan

Go down 
+3
NotLost
wiretie
Milkman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Milkman

Milkman

Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan Empty
PostSubject: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 5:36 pm

I realize I haven't been on the forum lately (been working on the Jeep - see my other post - and getting a couple of home businesses started), but I need everyone's prayers. Haden has decided, with the influence of his girlfriend, that he no longer believes in Christianity, and wants to be wiccan. I feel we are heading into a huge spiritual battle here. I've been reading up on wicca, so I can try to rationally discuss with Haden the problems with this belief. Please pray that God would touch Haden's heart, that He would freely meddle in Haden's life, and show him the true Savior. I know that the knowledge of Christ is in Haden, that he is repressing it for some reason. Lift Andrea and me up as we fight this battle. Thanks, and God Bless you all,

Keith.
Back to top Go down
wiretie

wiretie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:04 pm

Your son will be in our prayers. My wife and I have a friend from High School who's wiccan. Despite years of witnessing she remains as such insisting "I only practice 'good' magic believing in god (small 'g') and godesses" while lacking to recognize The One and only true God.
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Absolutely, and his girlfriend as well.

If I may be so bold, rationalization may not help much; already knowing the truth, he’s probably not entering it for intellectual reasons.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:50 am

Prayer said.

Had he accepted Jesus at one point in his life? If so, God may well reach out and bring him back into the fold when the time is right. It happened to me (one who had drifted away, and at one point at least intellectually explored some aspects of Zen). See my testimony in that section here. In my experience, God does not let his sheep be lost forever, He will call them back at some time.

If you son has not yet accepted Jesus, just keep the expressing the faith to him. One convincing argument for the validity and truth of Christianity is to look at what the apostles (and other early leaders) did shortly after the crucifixtion. At a time when they themselves were subject to being put to death for the same reasons Jesus was, they nonetheless went out preached His word. One would not do that unless it was true, and these people saw Jesus and his miracles. Can the wiccans point to any such evidence to show the truth of their position?

Sooner or later, the other religions will fall short, and eventually he will look again to Christianity. Perhaps if/when he breaks up with he current girl friend.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Boys do things like that to be with girls.

It will probably run its course.

This will answer the prayers.

Very Happy

Have patience....sometimes forcing the issue MAKES IT harder to change one's mind.

NO one like to be told what to believe.

Its better for it to be his own decision, on his own time....than to have to stick to his guns to avoid being "wrong".

Back to top Go down
http://www.NORA4X4.com
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Prayer said. As another that strayed, just keep loving him and that will be the best shot and him coming back to God. This may just be God setting him up to be able to witness in the future about his life. That is how I feel about my past. All just a testimony to Gods grace and love! We don't deserve it but the great thing is we get it anyway
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:23 pm

I've been there. I was blindly followed wicca for several years, starting in my early 20's. It is not a practice of "good magic"....there's nothing good about it. The devil has those people believing that they're doing nothing 'dark', that it's all "white", "good", whatever.......but it's not true. It is a BS 'religion' and "Wicca" has NOT been around as long as those who practice it desperately cling to believing.

Go to your local bookstore and find the book: "WICCA: SATAN'S LITTLE WHITE LIE." Awesome book!!!!!!

Honestly, it is a religion of and for people who are young, not comfortable in their own skins, desperately seeking to fit in in a world that sees them as different, low self esteem, a "screw the real world" kind of attitude.....then there's the older people that stay in it....they got there because of those feelings, but got some sort of power trip out of it and believe that people look at them with some sense of awe....so they stay in it.

But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel for your family.....MOST people who got into it young for whatever reason, actually grow up and get out of it. God puts the Spirit in ALL of us. Some people ignore it, but it's always there. Most people realize the BS that is that 'religion' and leave. We will pray that Haden will too.

If it helps, here's my testimony on how I was wiccan and left. I believe most people join to 'feel cool'. A lot of youngkids figure it's the next step from their EMO thing they have going on. This world is sad. Anyway...here it is. maybe if he read it, he'd think about what he was doing. Probably not, though, as he has to figure it out himself.

https://alphaomegaoffroad.forumotion.com/testimonies-f12/new-creation-in-christ-t1031.htm

We pray he'll see the light soon.
prayers
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Wow, Pattey, that's awesome! Praise God!

…still praying for Haden & his girlfriend. They don't have a chance of staying away! cross
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
wiretie

wiretie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:37 am

XJXtian wrote:
I've been there. I was blindly followed wicca for several years, starting in my early 20's. It is not a practice of "good magic"....there's nothing good about it. The devil has those people believing that they're doing nothing 'dark', that it's all "white", "good", whatever.......but it's not true. It is a BS 'religion' and "Wicca" has NOT been around as long as those who practice it desperately cling to believing.

Go to your local bookstore and find the book: "WICCA: SATAN'S LITTLE WHITE LIE." Awesome book!!!!!!

We pray he'll see the light soon.
prayers
amen . I'll have to look into that book. Maybe it'll help us understand our friend a bit better in what she believes and how we may better share God's love with her.
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks all for your support. At one point Haden accepted Christ, even receiving breifly the gift of tongues while at a youth camp. I hope it is just teenage rebellion and he will indded grow out of it. I'm trying hard not to make too much of this, and challenged him to research both sides of the wiccan debate, and research Christianity more deeply. He's a smart kid, and if he'll meet my challenge, I think he will find the truth. Pattey, thanks for the tesimonial, I'll try to get him to read it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan   Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer needed: Our son has decided to become a wiccan
Page 1 of 1