Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Share | 

OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JGillRN96

PostSubject: Unable to attend (Work Schedule)   Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:23 pm

First off I am very grateful to have met those of Alpha Omega on the Sept trip to Rausch Creek. I do plan to be a regular part of your group when possible. I apologize for not responding sooner to the post regarding that day. Samantha, I and Midnight had a great time and look forward to the next time we get to go. To say we had a blast would be an understatement. I am okay being a tree hugger, in fact I think it is somewhat an honor. Just so you know my spotter on that was Samantha...oh well it is only a door skin right...As for my new nickname of Dakota John I am okay with that also however, if I were to buy a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo for $300.00 (plus fees) and start to fix it for off road would I still be known as Dakota John? Let's face it there is a reason Dakotas are not played with off road often besides the tree hugging there is the trans pan leaking (too much slamming the cross member), the exhaust manifold broken bolts (loud very loud) I think the jeep will have a name of Princess Mudder and end up pink in color. I (we) are thinking a flat pink/gray in color camo theme. So hopefully the nest time we are able to go we will be in a Cherokee that is currently white and in Albany New York. Thanks to Kenn for an excellent guide job. For Jeff, Ang and Grace thanks for allowing Samantha to tag along she got the bug and got us permission for the Jeep. Hope to talk and see you soon. Have a safe ride and God Bless.

Dakota John
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:17 pm

Yah, you'll be Dakota John forever.
Just like I'm stuck with XterraXtian even though I totaled my Xterra 8 months ago tomorrow.

hehehe I think it sounds good. Dakota John. Very Macho!

PostSubject: Macho?   Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:25 am

Showing our age with that term. How Macho can I be if I paint it PINK?
Back to top Go down
Milkman

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:58 pm

XterraXtian wrote:
cheers Sounds great!!!! See you around 10 at Front Royal!!! Let me know if you need my cell #.

There is a Seven-Eleven store just north of the park entrance thay may be a better place to meet. I don't know if there is any parking at the entrance.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:41 pm

JGillRN96 wrote:
Showing our age with that term. How Macho can I be if I paint it PINK?

Real men wear pink.

Milkman wrote:
XterraXtian wrote:
cheers Sounds great!!!! See you around 10 at Front Royal!!! Let me know if you need my cell #.

There is a Seven-Eleven store just north of the park entrance thay may be a better place to meet. I don't know if there is any parking at the entrance.

We'll look into that and make sure to make that our meeting place. I'll have to ask Sam again what highway we're coming in on. Then we'll see how to get to the 7-11. GREAT IDEA!!!

PostSubject: Bummer   Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:37 am

Seven day Forcast: Saturday - Showers likely (60% chance), high 66. At least it will be warm. Guess we'll leave the convertable at home.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:40 am

FOR SATURDAY'S WEATHER IN FRONT ROYAL, CLICK:

HERE for weatherunderground's overall forecast

HERE for an hour to hourof saturday's forcast

OR

HERE for The Weather Channel's forecast of saturday

SUNDAY IS SUPPOSED TO BE ONLY PARTLY CLOUDY @ 40% CLOUD COVER!
bliss

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Link to Seven Eleven address:
711 S. Royal Ave, Front Royal, VA 22630.
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:46 pm

cheers Great...meet you there!
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:45 am

Had to take Pattey to the ER tonight for some heart palpitations (sp). She is fine but now that it is 3am we will not be going this weekend and after talking to some others the trip may be canceled. Give us a call in the morining if you need to.

Chris
Back to top Go down
k_enn

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:03 am

I am glad to hear that Pattey is ok. Be sure to take of whatever the issue was - you don't want to mess with heart issues.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Hey everyone. I am SO very sorry that we backed out. I was having these symptoms since wednesday and they were just a couple skips here and there. They got worse yesterday (friday) and I ended up taking a nap from 5pm till about 10pm.....this was the time during which Chris was scrambling to fix my Blazer's busted hub/bearings thingie. I got up and we ate a little because it'd been since lunch with his mom that we ate and I had the queasy hungry feeling.

Then a little while later, getting ready for bed so we could get up for the trip in the morning....I was washing my face and leaning forward, felt my heart wobbling in my chest. Yes, wobbling is the ebst description. Then when I stood up straight, it was skipping around. Feeling my carotid, I could feel it skip like crazy...then stop and that's when I felt dizzy. Then it'd skip some more. I stayed lightheaded.

Needless to say, I was scared enough to tell Chris, "let's go to the ER". (something that would never EVER come out of my mouth) I almost passed out in the truck and I rolled down the window as Chris was flying down to road (I was sick enough to not complain about how fast he was going....which is what I usually do) and was trying to gulp the air in.

At 12:30, we called Samantha and Dennis to tell them the probability of us being released, home to sleep and back up at 5:30 to get ready for the tripwas almost nil. She called the hotel and cancelled our room (thank you Sam, I love you) and got a few other people on the line to se what they planned to do.

I feel horrible, as I was more excited about this trip than you'll ever know. Chris having an entire weekend off for the first time since he started his new job was the greatest gift and I knew we'd have a blast!!! (we always do...which is why this is still the greatest weekend even though we're not going away)

I am most upset by the fact that Keith (Milkman) didn't receive our messages that we left when we got home a little after 3am. I didn't want to call that early, so we sent messages on the computer. I could have called a bit later in the morning, but I apparently slept like the dead and was awakened at 10am by Keth calling to see where everyone was. Keith, I am SO sorry. I hope you got a hold of Doc. I hope you got to meet up and I hope that regardless, the trip you took wasn't wasted....I hope you got to see some of God's beautiful creation and enjoy your family time. That's what matters most.

I'm sorry I got sick. The kicker is the Dr says that my bloodwork was wonderful...absolutely no indication of a heart attack or even one in the near future (yah, like you can predict that!) But I am still feeling freaked out as bit...so I'm taking the ativanthey prescribed (anxiety drug...how hysterical is THAT???? Pattey and anxiety is an oxymoron for the most part!)

SO...I hope everyone found their people who did actually venture down. I pray you had a great time and I hope to see you again soon. Maybe we'll take a winterwonderland trip down there on a weekend that is clear of storms and there'ds no closures on Skyline. It'd be pretty!

Thanks to those who sent their prayers and concerns. You know only the good die young....I'll be around for a while! Wink

big grin

Last edited by XterraXtian on Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
k_enn

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:37 pm

XterraXtian wrote:

Needless to say, I was scared enough to tell Chris, "let's go to the ER". (something that would never EVER come out of my mouth) I almost passed out in the truck and I rolled down the window as Chris was flying down to road (I was sick enough to not bitch about how fast he was going....which is what I usually do) and was trying to gulp the air in.

Next time, please call the ambulance/emts. Not that I am thinking about Chris driving you -- but what if something were to happen on the way to the ER. As a nurse, you should know better. You ought to get 10 lashes with a wet noodle for trying to get there without an ambulance/emts when your heart is acting up.

Do as I say, not as I do (I was driving when I had my heart attack, without any place to call for help at hand -- I had to drive a bit to get help, and I was lucky I made it.).

k_enn
Back to top Go down
Milkman

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:46 am

XterraXtian wrote:

I am most upset by the fact that Keith (Milkman) didn't receive our messages that we left when we got home a little after 3am. I didn't want to call that early, so we sent messages on the computer. I could have called a bit later in the morning, but I apparently slept like the dead and was awakened at 10am by Keth calling to see where everyone was. Keith, I am SO sorry. I hope you got a hold of Doc. I hope you got to meet up and I hope that regardless, the trip you took wasn't wasted....I hope you got to see some of God's beautiful creation and enjoy your family time. That's what matters most.
big grin

Pattey, glad you are OK. You don't have to feel sorry for getting sick. I did call Doc, and he had already gone ahead. So we enjoyed the ride solo. The weather was fickle, going from fog to drizzle to sun to heavy downpours. I'll put up a link to the pictures a little later.
Back to top Go down
AutoDoc

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:00 pm

Keith called me about 10:15 and I, thinking that I was the only one that was going, went my own way, and happened to be in New Market, about 25 miles west of Skyline Drive on Rt. 211, so it wasn't practical for us to meet up. After we left New Market, we hopped on SLD and went as far south as Rt. 33 where we headed through Harrisonburg and on out to Rawley Springs where we went up the two mile Kephart Run Trail, a green type trail along a streambed in GWNF. That's one of my favorite trails there. Anyway, after coming back out of there, we headed back to Harrisonburg and checked into the Comfort Inn. That was a good choice Pattey. Very nice, large, clean room in a new motel with no surprises at checkout time. We skipped I81 on the way home and returned up the valley on 340, the I81 of the pre-interstate days, and then when we got into Front Royal, Satan jumped into the Jeep and convinced me to go to D.C. Traffic, traffic, traffic, but we did manage to see our beloved leader's house, and the office building where all his henchmen meet (Capitol Building) and everything in-between. I love this country...It's the crooks who stole it that get me upset. Anyhow, once we got outta that hell-hole (and Satan hopped out at Constitution and 16th), we jumped on I95 and here we are home again, safe at last. Pattey, I sure hope you feel better soon, and plan another trip down that way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.autodocweb.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE   

Back to top Go down

OCTOBER 24/25 RIDE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2