Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

August 22/23 Weekend

Go down 
+7
4thehardway
UpnOver
yrflu
rockready
JeeperX
XterraXtian
k_enn
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
yrflu

yrflu

August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:33 pm

JeeperX wrote:
yrflu wrote:
I have a Rubicon... They are indestructible... Bring on crawl daddy!!!!

I hope you have a trailer.....

Now where is the challenge in using a trailer. drive up. Wheel like you stole it. Drive home. lol lol!
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:07 pm

rockready wrote:
i will be up saturday morning prolly around 8:30 to 9:00.

Judges meeting is between 7:30 and 8 if you are still planning on helping.
Back to top Go down
rockready

rockready

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:54 pm

well i guess ill be there earlier than i thought or maybe come up friday night then.
Back to top Go down
rockready

rockready

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:06 pm

not sure about kevin know. last night he lost a tire at the exxon comming to a stop in dallastown. i had to get him and trailer him. he just got it inspected and i dont think they torqed the lugs down because some of the other lugs on the other wheels where loose too. but it looks like the garage is going to fix it for free. just not sure if he will be ready by then.
Back to top Go down
NCRubicon1

NCRubicon1

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 am

I will be at RC this Saturday to watch the comp but not going to be on the trails. Hope to see you guys there! Will shirts be available to purchase this weekend?
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:16 pm

We're out of sizes S and XXL. We'll be ordering more in the next couple months. Also, we will be trying out hoodies to see how they come out.

I will make sure Chris brings the t-shirts.....only thing is, you two will have to figure out where/how to meet up. He'll be judging saturday's comp and then heading home that night. His number is 443-866-1500.
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:44 am

I am looking forward to this weekend. Some good entertainment on Saturday, and some wheeling on Sunday. Seems like the weather should be ok.

XterraXtian wrote:
Chris [will] be judging saturday's comp and then heading home that night.

And you will be ??????????????? Hope you can make it this weekend.

For anyone that may need to contact me, my cell number is (nine 73) sixty-one 0 - 4 seventy-one 4.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
rockready

rockready

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:42 pm

sorry broken jeep driver front axle seal leaking real bad. just saw it when i was hooking up the straps and saw it leaking ( literly dripping ) on to the trailer. sounds like milkshake strikes again. hopeing to be a passenger for sunday if anyone is open for a spot for me.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:51 pm

k_enn wrote:

XterraXtian wrote:
Chris will be judging saturday's comp and then heading home that night.

And you will be ??????????????? Hope you can make it this weekend.

k_enn

I'll be home at my place...cleaning, tending to things I let go too long, being home on a weekend for the first time since May.

bliss

I pay a lot for this place and am gone every single weekend. I have not spent a weekend at my own house since a saturday in mid-may. Chris and I have not had a weekend that we did not have plans to travel, judge, wheel, visit, etc etc since that time also. I'm not talking going to the movies in the afternoon plans, I mean whole weekend plans. I'm tired of traveling and need to regroup. We've been having a blast (North Carolina for a week, my parent's house in Massachusetts last weekend)

We have a lot of planning to do for the club's runs because of Chris' new job. I have to organize the few things for our wedding that my mom and dad have not already taken care of (holy cow are they organized! All finished too! Now, we wait!!!! Woot! The reception and dinner party the night before are all done. I have to get a DJ and have someone make our cake......the one here: https://2img.net/h/i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn467/alphaomegaoffroad/off-roading-wedding-cake.jpg ).

I already sent my apologies to Bruce and Kyle at Rausch for missing this one. But let them know that I am already excited for next year. I;m sorry I'll miss seeing you guys, but I need a day to myself. I have to clean up in here (forum) and our website too. I have new people to enter into the files because I feel like I haven't had a moment to do so. I will light smelly candles, play some music and have a quiet day.
bliss

Last edited by XterraXtian on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:55 pm

rockready wrote:
sorry broken jeep driver front axle seal leaking real bad. just saw it when i was hooking up the straps and saw it leaking ( literly dripping ) on to the trailer. sounds like milkshake strikes again. hopeing to be a passenger for sunday if anyone is open for a spot for me.

Sorry to hear about the jeep. If you don't mind riding in a rice-burner, I will have an open seat.

k_enn

Last edited by k_enn on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:57 pm

XterraXtian wrote:
I'll be home at my place...cleaning, tending to things I let go too long, being home on a weekend for the first time since May.

A good call. I sounds like you have excessively busy the past few months. You are probably overdue for some down-time for yourself. Just don't try to accomplish too much.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
m-l_johnny

m-l_johnny

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:12 pm

k_enn wrote:
rockready wrote:

Sorry to hear about the jeep. If you don't mind riding in a rice-burner, I will have an open seat.

k_enn
I'll have a right seat open as well....
Back to top Go down
yrflu

yrflu

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:44 pm

BIG SHOUT OUT to Ken. I wanted to stay thanks. I had a blast today. First time out with my jeep the way it is, and I loved it. Great trail selection. I should have one or two pictures tomorrow. Just got home. The camera is in the jeep still. Again, thanks For the good time today.
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:27 pm

I am glad you enjoy it. That was some of the most fun I have had wheeling, and you guys just had me cracking up all day.

Viva Crawler Ridge.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
yrflu

yrflu

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:28 pm

k_enn wrote:
I am glad you enjoy it. That was some of the most fun I have had wheeling, and you guys just had me cracking up all day.

DEATH TO Crawler Ridge.

k_enn

I fixed it for ya... geek
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:38 pm

cheers C'mon Kenn, you're the king of write-ups! I wanna hear about your day! I have heard thru the grapevine that you did a super job leading (as usual......wish you came down more often....we'd have a job for you!!!!) I'm going next to chekc out the pics! Glad you guys had a fun run!
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Write up:

We met in the parking lot, and the jeepers locked their doors (and my camping gear) to a tree in the camping area. We also picked up a couple of strays who joined our group. We had two cherokees, five jeeps (one on steriods), and my lone Nissan.

I decided we would "go west, young men." We headed over to the west side, and ran Trail 14 as tune up. Everyone did great, with hardly a pause at the left hand drop into the hole by the tree (a/k/a the diff hole). At that point, I knew it would be a good day -- everyone had rigs capable of any of the blues, and knew how to drive.

We went on to trial 12, and ran its entire length almost non-stop. We paused a bit until everyone got up the initial hill (where Greg was playing on the big rock not too long ago). No-one had any real difficulty -- at most one or two people had to re-adjust their line once, but we basically motored up the hill. The rest of trail 12 was pretty uneventful, until we hit the creek. The creek posed no problem, but was fun. On a short break, Jeff nearly ran into one of his buddys, and from that point on there began a lot of "chop busting" that would escalate through the rest of the day. The rest of trail 12 was a breeze.

On to Trial 19B -- the blue lower section. I became the first stuck of the day, getting hung up on the initial drop into the muddy-rutted-stream part of the trial. I could not be pulled back, so I got yanked forward, plowing the front bumper into the bank and taking a good chunk of it with me. Others made the drop ok, and some chose the bypass.

Up the rutted section of Trial 11. No problems there. On to Trail 18a and Pizza Rock. No stacking required. Pizza rock was no problem for anyone (the X just climbed up it this time -- no stalling), but was still fun. Then on to lunch at the intersection of Trail H and Trail J.

After lunch, we went to the East and did Trail 2, starting from Trail B. The Frog Hole Hill was not too badly rutted, and everyone made the hill on their first shot. Frog Hole was pretty high, but not too high that you could not skirt the edge of it. From there out to the Pole Line was relatively uneventful. We continued on Trial 2 towards Crawler Ridge. The mud hole on Trail 2 where it turns from the Pole Line was pretty deep, but passable. We had one truck decided to by-pass it.

The last segment of Crawler Ridge was possibly the best part of the day. At the top of the climb up, I took the "easier" of the two routes -- still a pretty hard blue route. Jeff, however, chose to try the heavily bouldered route, much to the amusement of all. A lot of "diff hits," a lot of stacking of rocks for his Rubicon, and lot of use of lockers, and finally a nice stuck that required a yank off. At this point, the chop busting probably reached its peak, and I was just laughing so much all this time. Probably the some of the most fun I ever had. Once Jeff got unstuck, he tried the "easier" route and still got hung up a bunch of times (in part because everyone was messing with him as to the line to take) before he finally got to the top. However, a couple of the real old jeeps, with lesser tires, just crawled right up that route. More chop busting. Then, at the top of Crawler Ridge, there was a relativley easy route down that was right next to the large rocks. I tried, and it was quite do-able. However, Jeff tried a minor variation that was easily do-able, but then got himself mis-aligned and up banging a rock. After backing off, he took the easy exit and still had to work it a bit. Again, more chop busting. (Note to self--- do not get a Rubicon unless I want to have my chops busted every time I fail).

On to Trail 4 -- entering from Trial C. First segment was relatively uneventful. Upon arrival at Yellow Jacket, I advised all that Yellow Jacket just loved Green Rubicons. Jeff didn't bite at that one, but we did have three others climb Yellow Jacket. Nice show, more chop busting. Continuing on Trail 4 ----- just as we entered that last section the front skid fell off of my X. I just put it in the back, and continued.

With about an hour of time left, we went and ran Trail 1A. Jeff partially redeemed himself by running one of the big, long sinkholes. I bailed out of the blue section without my skid. After Trail 1, we exited by way of the hill climb on Pole Line. No problems for anyone, and this was probably the quickest time I have seen a group get up that hill climb.

Overall, a great day. A lot of fun. Everyone had rigs and skills appropriate for the trails we were running. Two stucks for the day, not major. I don't think there was any mechanical carnage -- I am not sure about body damage (but if so, it would have been minor).

On a side note, by the end of the day I was having problems with my seatbelt. While it would retract fine when I took it off, it would only pull out a bit and then lock up when I went to put it on. It would take 10 to 20 attempts before it would pull out enough to fasten (even worse today, cannot get it more than a foot or so). However, it looks like I have some good luck -- the truck has a lifetime warranty on the entire seatbelt assembly. Hello, dealer.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
yrflu

yrflu

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:00 pm

Yupers, that is about it. I did in fact try to run over Mark. We basically have the same set up. He has an '05 LJ and I have an '04 TJ. Budget Boost and 1.25'' body lift with pro comp MT's. He was showing me up all morning.... Really the jeep just pushed through the brakes. It made a noise like a banshee screaming at a bad movie. The 4:lo and 1st gear with an auto transmission was too much for the brakes.

The first time I got stuck on Crawlers Ridge was kind of entertaining. I had to try though. Why not. The second time, on the bypass was just frustration. I would not have stood a chance on Yellow Jacket with my heart beating the way it was.

Great time again, I would follow K_enn just about anywhere in the woods. It was a great time.
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:07 pm

That section on Crawler Ridge where you got stuck was pretty "dark". I would call that at being a Black. IMO, it was at least as dark as the boulders on the Crawler Ridge rock field. And, you gave it a good try -- more than than the others.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
squiggy

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:16 pm

super ride, I had a great time! Trails were great
and everyone did well. Good trail selection k_enn.
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:37 pm

I am glad everyone had fun!

I am going to be missing some rides until the work schedule gets worked out. Right now Sat and Sun are work days...
Back to top Go down
m-l_johnny

m-l_johnny

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:44 pm

Indeed! Thanks for leading us around the woods, Kenn. I had a good time. No trip is complete without razzing Jeff about something!

Blessed are those that are mocked, for they take the heat off of the trail guide!

Maybe next time Kenn, we can get you down trail 13. big grin
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:31 am

m-l_johnny wrote:

Blessed are those that are mocked, for they take the heat off of the trail guide!

laugh giggle laugh giggle laugh
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:05 am

m-l_johnny wrote:

Maybe next time Kenn, we can get you down trail 13. big grin

I've wanted to try Trail 13, but don't know if I built up enough for it. That section coming up Crawler Ridge is about as heavy as I can take without some real damage. I suspect that on Trial 13 I would need a lot of spotting, and/or a few pulls.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
yrflu

yrflu

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 am

13 Is an evil banshee... I will tackle it next go around. K_enn, no worries, I think they have a bypass on the harder issues.

Has anyone seen or heard from the gentleman in the black CJ7? I am interested in seeing his pictures. Pictures are fun. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 22/23 Weekend   August 22/23 Weekend - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 22/23 Weekend
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3