Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Take and Give

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Take and Give Empty
PostSubject: Take and Give   Take and Give EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Those of you who know me well know that I have a bad back. The technical name of the disease is ankylosing spondilitis. This means that over a period of thirty-five plus years my spine has completely fused together: It's complete rigid between the neck and hips--no movement whatsoever. For the last 2 1/1 years I've been getting infusions every six weeks to prevent the neck and hips from fusing. Anyway, I've gained a little flexibility or motion during this time period, but it's still rigid. The disease is irreversible. DON'T TELL GOD THAT!

Some of you also know that I suffer from vertigo, but you probably didn't know that I've been fighting it on a daily basis for the past seven weeks.

Well . . . since my roll-over at Rausch Creek on Friday, four distinct MIRACLES (there's no other explanation for it) have happened.

(1) I have had a full, restful night's sleep for the past five nights, only two of which might be explained by medication. I'll bet I haven't had a full peacful night's sleep before that in many, many, many years.

(2) My vertigo has been very subdued since the accident. I didn't even get dizzy while rolling down the mountain.

(3) Today I was teaching my granddaughter how to ride her bike and she told me to run and she'd chase me. I actually ran about 100 yards. Not fast or gracefully but not like a cripple either. I haven't been able to run in probably 15 years.

(4) This afternoon I got filthy pulling items off the YJ and came home to take a bath. All of a sudden I noticed I was sitting at almost a 90 degree angle in an "L" shape with my knees almost flat on the bottom of the tub and my back not touching the back of the tub. I haven't been able to do that in 35 years. It's hard enough to rest against the back of the tub and put my legs out in front of me.

Now just in case you think the Lord may have unfused my back, let me tell you that the fusion was there in the CT scan I had at Hershey Medical Center on Friday night.

My testimony in all this is that I finally listened to the Lord and promised not to go off roading again and he gave me back more of my health than I ever prayed for. Even if it only lasts these few short days, I'm satisfied and eternally grateful.

I ask that you pray that I will continue to obey the Lord, but on the first "call" from now on.
Back to top Go down
AutoDoc

Take and Give Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take and Give   Take and Give EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Ed, I'm happy to hear you're OK, both from the accident and that you've finally gotten the relief you've been after for so long. Miracles never cease because God never quits! God bless you, Ed. You'll be terribly missed by the offroading community if you drop out, but you've got to follow God's direction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.autodocweb.net

Take and Give
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Omega Offroad :: FAITH TOPICS :: PRAYER AND PRAISE-
Jump to: