Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

First Aid On Trails

Go down 
+2
rockready
XterraXtian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

First Aid On Trails Empty
PostSubject: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 11:19 pm

I had already posted up HERE on what you need to have on the trails. Please review it.

I also added some suggestions. Those suggestions are things that make life easier for you if you run into trouble but are things that someone always has. Heck, one time my valve-stem busted and someone (AutoDoc) had a spare!

Anyway, I want everyone to have a safe and fun time. Please remember to have a small first aid box/bag, etc in your vehicle. We will have a large one on every trail ride and I am looking into Epi-Pens so that we have a way to treat an allergic reaction, ie. bee-sting. (until I find out more, I will have Benadryl in the first aid kit)

If there is anything you'd like to suggest to have in the first aid kit, post up....as I may have overlooked something. But I DO have sterile water, bandage stuff ranging from band-aids and gauze to ace bandages, neosporin, scissors, tape, emergency space foil blanket, BLS handbook (hehehe), and various other things like Tylenol, etc etc.

Also, I'd like to know who in the group on the trail runs are CPR Certified, so we know who is available in an emergency. Chris and I are certified as well as Angela (15"liftdreamer) and Steven (rockready).

Thanks guys! I can't wait to get out there!!!

yeah

Last edited by XterraXtian on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
rockready

rockready

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 9:56 am

im cls qed from the army. i got a bag with the standard army cls bag. but it is at my unit and soon should be in my hands. i even got stuff to stick people with saline if needed. just need patti to pick up some saline for me. they would not let us send that home due to the fact they were afraid that since it was a liquid it would pop in transport. army
now a first aid kit for a vehicle if anyone would think they would need to bring electrical equipment like drills or a welder i got a 500watt converter to hook into my battery.
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Nice!!
Back to top Go down
rockready

rockready

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 1:18 pm

im certified through the army. i think you just punch them in the chest and throw water on them right. they should wake up then right. lol! i will have my cls bag from the army in there. just missing the saline solution. that thing is made for combat so anything between bandages to turniket will be what i got. not the tylenol and stuff.
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Two suggestions for your first aid kit :

1. a cold pack or two, in case of major sprains.

2 a roll of vet wrap - does not stick to hair, only to itself. Good if needed on the head, and can wrap pretty tight (tighter than a bandage -- at least for me). I keep a roll in the first aid kit for my dog.

Ken
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:50 pm

yeah Great idea, Ken! Thank you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:41 pm

XterraXtian wrote:
I had already posted up HERE on what you need to have on the trails. Please review it.

I also added some suggestions. Those suggestions are things that make life easier for you if you run into trouble but are things that someone always has. Heck, one time my valve-stem busted and someone (AutoDoc) had a spare!

Anyway, I want everyone to have a safe and fun time. Please remember to have a small first aid box/bag, etc in your vehicle. We will have a large one on every trail ride and I am looking into Epi-Pens so that we have a way to treat an allergic reaction, ie. bee-sting. (until I find out more, I will have Benadryl in the first aid kit)

If there is anything you'd like to suggest to have in the first aid kit, post up....as I may have overlooked something. But I DO have sterile water, bandage stuff ranging from band-aids and gauze to ace bandages, neosporin, scissors, tape, emergency space foil blanket, BLS handbook (hehehe), and various other things like Tylenol, etc etc.

Also, I'd like to know who in the group on the trail runs are CPR Certified, so we know who is available in an emergency. Chris and I are certified as well as Angela (15"liftdreamer) and Steven (rockready).

Thanks guys! I can't wait to get out there!!!

yeah

the kid here is an ex EMT/Fire Fighter STATE Certfied Rescue Tech,,,, and i carry a pretty complete trauma Kit with a few rescue tools never hurts to be prepared

bliss

strut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:45 pm

k_enn wrote:
Two suggestions for your first aid kit :

1. a cold pack or two, in case of major sprains.

2 a roll of vet wrap - does not stick to hair, only to itself. Good if needed on the head, and can wrap pretty tight (tighter than a bandage -- at least for me). I keep a roll in the first aid kit for my dog.

Ken

got those plus a lot of the Elusive Kerlix stuff is so nice to work with, bout the olny thing i dont have but working on r a few AIR Splints i only have ridgid,,,,

:)
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Pattey,

Add one of these to the first aid list:

http://www.pinzgauer.com/shpics.php?table=vehicles&idnum=15&cat=1

big grin

Ken
Back to top Go down
AutoDoc

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Don't listen to him...This is what you really want big grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.autodocweb.net
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 4:18 pm

AutoDoc wrote:
Don't listen to him...This is what you really want big grin

But does it have lockers for six wheels?

big grin

Ken
Back to top Go down
AutoDoc

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 4:51 pm

k_enn wrote:
But does it have lockers for six wheels?

I doubt it...The Unimog only has two axles which makes me wonder...How heavy were the people that they expected to carry in that Pinzaur that it would need two back axles?
Back to top Go down
http://www.autodocweb.net
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 4:58 pm

I believe the Pinz, when used as troop carrier, holds 10 or 12 people in the back (bench seats along both sides, passengers facing center). Looks like the ambulance version is confgured for 4 victims and a medic. But don't forget, the Pinz is also used as a platform for carrying missle launchers and other destructive devices. Six wheel drive -- that is just cool.
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:18 pm

hey guys. just letting you know i am CPR and Wilderness First Response certified.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:25 pm

cheers Sweeet! That's a BIG help. It's scary what could happen out there. Good to know there's people that are trained. I'm going to try to get one of my surgeons to write a prescription for an epi-pen...just in case someone has an allergic reaction to a bee sting, etc etc. We need to put together another first aid kit. I know I have one somewhere.
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:44 pm

i carry a basic firstaid kit as force of habit after becoming an eagle scout, but i did run across some interesting things. i found complete trauma kits on a site called galls. if the club could some how get the members to contribute a little each it may be a worthwile investment. all it needs is just some basic bandaids and pain medicine and its set..

Two versions

1. the basic http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=TK082

2. the advanced http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=TK085

Just an idea!!
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:06 am

Nice kit, but I wouldn't knwo how to use half that stuff.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:33 pm

most of its actually simple bandages and dressings. the only thing tricky is the spinal collar but i know how to use them. its just a first aid kit on steriods made with ems grade stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Aid On Trails   First Aid On Trails Empty

Back to top Go down

First Aid On Trails
Page 1 of 1