Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Ronald

Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD Empty
PostSubject: Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD   Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 11:41 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Ron. I'm a retired Coastie, working in Baltimore at the USCG base as a civilian. I recently moved to Frederick, MD, and along with my wife, dog, and '04 TJ, I'm enjoying a great view of Catoctin Mountain with occasional drives through Frederick Municipal Forest. Really looking forward to fishing the area soon!

My TJ is a work in progress (who's rig isn't?). It's a daily-driver soft top with half doors, 2.4L 4 cyl, 33x12.50 BFG ATs, 3" body, 2" spacers, Jet Stage 1, and 4.88 diff gears to get it back to stock torque. The CB is going to be installed soon, and I'm looking forward to meeting some folks for some trail rides. Can't wait.

Thank you all for welcoming me to the group.

Ron
Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD   Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi Ron, and welcome!
Back to top Go down
WhiteKJ

PostSubject: Re: Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD   Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi Ron I am just over the hill in Smithsburg but I am in Frederick weekdays for work. Sounds like a nice Jeep you got there. The fishing is great around here. What kind of fishing are you into?
Back to top Go down
The Ronald

PostSubject: Re: Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD   Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 9:16 am

Hi WhiteKJ,

I have a 10' kayak that I will be using to figure out how to catch smallmouth. I've never targeted smallies before. I've done a lot of Maryland pond fishing for largemouth, and Florida ocean and river fishing.
Back to top Go down
WhiteKJ

PostSubject: Re: Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD   Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:46 am

Sounds like a lot of fun doing it from a Kayak. I have fished from boats before but never one of those. I fish for whatever with the kids. Bass, Bluegill, Cat. Never really got into trout fishing but a lot of people fish for it up at Cunningham Falls. Its all your allowed to fish for in the stream there.
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD   Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:15 am

Hi and Welcome! Sorry for the delayed welcome, but we are glad you found us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD   Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh, hello ..... from Frederick, MD
Page 1 of 1