Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

New Home / New Job

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New Home / New Job Empty
PostSubject: New Home / New Job   New Home / New Job EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 10:11 pm

First of all, if you're not familiar with this response, LEARN IT!!!:

Leader: God is good!
People: All the time!

Leader: All the time!
People: God is good!

About a 14 months ago my son and his wife decided to look for a new home. They put their home up with a real estate agent and started looking. It seems that everything they found to purchase or build had some stumbling blocks in the road. They only had one perspective buyer for their home and that family couldn't sell their home. My son and daughter-in-law took their home off the market at the end of the contract period with the real estate agent.

This spring the prospective buyers of my son's house said they were still interested but needed to get some variances passed by the township in which they (the buyers) lived. My son started looking at building/buying again, having several deals fall through because the prospective buyers of their house were having problems.

In mid July the buyers got their variance approved and received a purchase comittment on their house. Sufficient time had passed since the end of my son's contract with the real estate agent so that he could now sell his house to these people without a real estate agent's commission. In the mean time, one of the houses my son had expressed interest in last year came on the market again (new owners were getting divorced). My son and wife signed a contract to sell their house and made an offer on the house they wanted to buy. The offer was refused, but the sellers came down in price, but not to the point that my son would pay. Tim and Becky said, "No Thanks."

Sunday the house they wanted to buy was on display as an open house from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. At 4:00 pm the buyers of Tim and Becky's house called and left a message wanting to know if they still had a deal or they should start looking elsewhere. At 4:40 pm the real estate agent for the home that Tim and Becky wanted to buy called and said the sellers had further reduced the price. A deal has been struck and settlement on both houses is scheduled for September 26.

By the way, the house they're buying is about a mile from our house (as the crow flies). I guess that means Mary Ann and I will have school bus duties when Grant goes to school.

While all this "house" business was going on, Tim, Becky, and Grant went to Myrtle Beach for a vacation. While there, Tim got a call that he had received a transfer/promotion. Now you've got to realize that promotions with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania are only in 8% increments. It's not a whole lot of extra money, but he'll be getting away from a supervisor who gave him constant grief.

Now . . . on cue:

God is Good!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

All the time!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

New Home / New Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Home / New Job   New Home / New Job EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 10:37 pm

cheers ALL THE TIME!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
rockready

rockready

New Home / New Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Home / New Job   New Home / New Job EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 2:27 am

we say that at the benging at my church back home alot. but its amazing how things just go together if you let them. that sounded like alot of patience. ( something i dont have to much of ). glad to hear everything is working out. now the fun part moving lol!
Back to top Go down

New Home / New Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Home / New Job   New Home / New Job EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 5:12 pm

After moving my daughter too many times to count (college, first teaching job, two apartments, two houses) and my son (and Becky before she married Tim) several times; I have decided that I have done my last moving. I'll baby sit that day and do gopher runs, but absolutely NO lifting.
Back to top Go down
Junkyard

Junkyard

New Home / New Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Home / New Job   New Home / New Job EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:32 pm

sounds like a smart move ed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Home / New Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Home / New Job   New Home / New Job Empty

Back to top Go down

New Home / New Job
Page 1 of 1