Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Music

Go down 
+7
BlackMagic KJ
JeepGurl
Roll-Cage
Mudslinger
Green Bay TJ
XterraXtian
ih8pepl73
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ih8pepl73

ih8pepl73

Music Empty
PostSubject: Music   Music EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:15 pm

I didn't see anything on here about music. Or I just didn't look hard enough - LOL.
Just wondering what type of music people on here listen to. I LOVE MUSIC! I have to drive with music, I have to sleep with a radio on (usually 95.1 Shine FM) and I even have a radio in my bathroom for showers! LOL.

Personally, I'm a METALHEAD! yeah I grew up listening to Zeppelin, the Stones, the Doors, Hendrix, etc. I've listened to 98Rock since it came on the air in '77. ( I was 4) During the mid to late 80's I listen to a lot of Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Slayer, TesTamenT, etc. Still listen to a lot of metal - Volbeat, Slayer, huge Testament fan!, Slipknot, Evanescence (I joke that Amy Lee is my future ex-wife), Anthrax, Sepultura, Pantera etc.

We had a Christian Rock concert at my church back in April (I think). There were four bands playing: Sky Pilots, 7th Time Down, FireFlight and Ashes Remain (From Baltimore). Fantastic concert and I got to meet the members of AR. Great bunch of guys - very positive and down to earth. And I cannot stop listening to their last CD "Unbroken".

So I'm just wondering what ya'll listen to...
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Hello, my name is Pattey and I have split personality disorder when it comes to music.

**group says, "Hiii, Pattey"**

Seriously. Call me Sybil.

This is just the tip of the crazy iceberg: I listen to Christian music. Then I feel like some classic rock (love your list!). But then I want me some Glenn Miller and his orchestra...followed by some Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong. Sting and Jason Mraz...kickin' it all cool one minute and then wanting to listen to Nine Inch Nails. Then in walks Neil Diamond. Oh yah. I'm a musical mess.

But when all is said and done, my 2 fave radio stations are K-Love (Christian) and the other one is basically a nutty mix of 60's-80's...all genres.

yes/no
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:41 pm

I went though undergrad on a music scholarship (but majored in chemistry), played trombone in the university orchestra - so classical is my preference (my favorite Jeep cruising piece is Wagner's Ride of the Walkuries) when i'm not listing to . . .

Sirius 63 - The Message (awesome Christian music station).

I think my favorite contemporary song is Chris Rice's Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus).

I also sing in my church's Sanctuary Choir (traditional service, have done this for about 18 of the last 21 years, took 3 years off and got back in this last year), but probably like the middle service at church best - this is the contemporary service with a praise band - I like this service best because we can get chatty with the pastor.

I also like some of the old big bands like Tommy Dorsey.

I like some rock as long as its not leaning toward the dark side (I'm not referring to Darth Vader here). I used to listen to The Doors, Fleetwood Mac, Kiss, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, The Stones, Metallica, etc, but there is a lot of dark stuff in there and I don't listen to these so much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Well...I was also an 80's child listening to all the metal...Metalllica, Judas Priest, etc.... Still like to listen to Hairnation and Boneyard on Sirus.

Now, my wife and I mostly listen to Country Music (which makes some of our friends go crazy) and Christian music. By the way did you know that "rain makes corn, corn makes..." Country music fans will get this. Truck Yeah! (Which just happens to be the name of Pattey and Chris' favorite song. In fact, they love it when people send it to them! lol!
Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:16 pm

I'm not that big on country music, but there are some great patriotic songs out there, like Lee Greenwood's I'm Proud to be an American, and Toby Kieth's American Soldier.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:16 am

Green Bay TJ wrote:
great patriotic songs out there, like Lee Greenwood's I'm Proud to be an American

cloud9 yeah dance bliss amen
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 2:30 pm

you'll catch me mostly listening to Sirius XM Octane, Alt Nation, and the metal channels... i have been known to listen to country, dubstep, and rap on occasion as well though. this is one of the songs that i have been known to crank in the car as of late , (warning: this track is not for everyone)
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Alright, when I saw "WARNING this track is not for everyone" I almost deleted the link and PM'd you the reason why I would do it.

BUT I listened to the first 1 1/2 lines and I can't understand a WORD OF it. It's not talent, but hopefully I'll make money someday on his vocal cord surgery. I'll leave it, as I believe MOST people who play it will turn it off as fast as I did!!! BUT if ANYONE hears swearing, words of hate and ESPECIALLY an anti-God message, PLEASE report it to me, as it WILL be removed.

LOVE YOU!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:15 pm

hahahaha it's an acquired taste, took me a while to get used to it as well...in case you're curious of the lyrics here ya go, the lyrics are quite good actually. Funny thing is i can understand the entire song, my ears pick it up just fine now. Man my playlists are weird cause they go from that song above, to Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean, to Eminem, to Katy Perry lol!
http://www.lyricsmania.com/hmas_look_back_lyrics_amity_affliction_the.html
Back to top Go down
JeepGurl

JeepGurl

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:24 pm

I like a different variety of music (except country, never really been a fan except red solo cup, hahah) I'm mostly a "rock"er girl myself and by that I mean rock trails and rock music lol! geek 98 Rock is on my car radio most of the time and I like classic rock too. Styx, Steve Miller Band, Fleetwood Mac, etc.

Metallica, 5 finger death punch, Volbeat, Linkin Park, and just started getting into some some Skillet.
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:28 pm

I am quite strange as i listen to crazy metal but also a diehard country fan.
Back to top Go down
ih8pepl73

ih8pepl73

Music Empty
PostSubject: shameless self promotion...   Music EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:21 pm

I think some of you would like my band CRUNCH. We play stuff from Metallica, Pantera, ZZ Top, System of a Down, Kiss, Motorhead, Slayer, Cage the Elephant, White Zombie, Megadeth, The Toadies, Weezer, Rage Against the Machine, Ozzy, Kid Rock, The Police, ETC. We have over 100 songs in our catalog. As well as originals and covers from bands each of us used to be in. There are some 4-letter words in our songs (but the kids shouldn't be at a bar anyway! LOL) but we have a great time and our singer is a nut-ball!!!
We try to play out once a month right now but we are slowly working on that.

Visit our facebook page - The-Crunch or look for us at mdparty.com.

Music 2rpqr1k

Here's a shot of me...
Music Atszep
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:46 am

Metallica is one of the BEST rock band EVERRRR! I bet you guys are great.
Sounds like a great mix you guys do. Can we hear any of your music on your page?
(maybe I should quit yapping and go check it out!)
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Jeremy Camp, Chris Tomlin, Kutless, just to name a few.

I also listen to music constantly and I think God talks to me through my playlist sometimes.

Alright put the phone down or tell Shepard Pratt you were just kidding you don't need them to send the guys with the butterfly nets...

I mean when just the right song at just the right time comes on to pick you up or remind you that God is there.
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:51 am

Music -- where do I begin? For secular music, I like classic rock, symphonic metal, pop, alternative, and other styles. For Christian music, I like Chris Tomlin, Paul Baloche, Sonic Flood, and others.

As some of you know, I play guitar in my church's praise band. Again, the style is varied, including straight forward versions of the songs, "rocked up" versions of hymns, salsa style, etc. I also do some off the wall stuff, like a version ofr Amazing Grace done to the tune or House of the Rising Sun. I prefer playing Christian music over listening to it. I recently attended a Paul Baloche worship leader workshop, which focused a lot on music, and I got a greater appreciation of his music (simple, but well arranged).

k_enn

Back to top Go down
T-Case

T-Case

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:54 pm

I have to say I'm a metal head, always have been from the time I could turn on the radio. Some of the bands I listen to but not limited to are Slayer, 5 Finger Death Punch, Pantera, Metallica, Linkin Park, Maiden, Priest. You get the idea. There are times though that I do like to listen to classical, but mainly it's metal.

I remember when I first started to play guitar, I learned classical, it was a good foundation but I was bored. So I quit the lessons and started playing Maiden and then Metallica on my own, then it became fun, so I was hooked. To this day I still play the heavy stuff..... big grin
Back to top Go down
ih8pepl73

ih8pepl73

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey T-case... if you wanna jam sometime let me know. My band might be looking for a new guitarist BTW...
Back to top Go down
T-Case

T-Case

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Thank you for the offer, but I am not band material. I don't have a lot of time to practice. Soccer and Lacrosse take a major portion of my life. Thank you though..
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 pm

glad to see another soccer player in the mix! cheers
Back to top Go down
ih8pepl73

ih8pepl73

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:53 pm

T-Case wrote:
Thank you for the offer, but I am not band material. I don't have a lot of time to practice. Soccer and Lacrosse take a major portion of my life. Thank you though..

Well, if you still wanna jam let me know...
Back to top Go down
Larryboy

Larryboy

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 pm

I love hardcore. And just heavy worship. I listen to alot of different music. And I mean alot. but If I had to say what speaks to my heart the most Is Hxc. Its been apart of my life since I was 14. im 26 now. Hxc has always been about friends and unity. But as I started growing closer to God all I wanted to do was to please him. Even tho I loved it and lived in it if I didn't see God in it.... well it wasn't worth doing or listing to. But then I found bands like sleeping giant and for today. Gideon and a hand full of others who are actually christian bands. most of these guys have ministries. Its amazing in the past few years how God has swept that whole underground. It may not be for everyone. For me it has a seriousness to it unlike any other. God is he reason this has stuck with me for so long. There is a purpose here the kids at these shows mean the world to me.

Same band SLeeping giant

For today/ this is what i ment about God taking over. You would never see this at a show back in the day. what can I say. Go to a show. Welcome to church hahaha.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Larryboyy
ih8pepl73

ih8pepl73

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:44 pm

That first song wasn't bad. The second was... sleepy. The last was ok.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Lamb of God. (For those who don't know them - they are not a Christian band!)

My favorite band to listen to out on the trail is Fear Factory. Their "Architype" CD is great for the trails.

I was really into country for about two months. It's ok. Getting really "poppy" now though. And don't even get me started on Taylor Swift!! I know I'm a Christian but if there was ever one person I would love to see spontaniously combust - - - it would be her!!!

And band update: Our lead singer has left and we have been without a singer for quite sometime. Our bass player sings now. We have learned a bunch of songs since my last post. We don't have any new showa coming up anytime soon but I still have fun playing!!
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 am

After going to the rock and worship road show here in AZ I have been listening to Tedashi and LaCrea. Not my usual taste, rap but it is great music with a awesome message.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Empty

Back to top Go down

Music
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Omega Offroad :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: EVERYTHING ELSE/OFF TOPIC-
Jump to: