Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

a small prayer request

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
k_enn

k_enn

a small prayer request Empty
PostSubject: a small prayer request   a small prayer request EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:17 pm

On Saturday, I notice that my right pinkey was bent inwards and downwards at the last joint. It is sort of like "hammer toe" of the pinkey. I didn't remember doing anything to hurt it, and just assumed it was a minor jamb. Well, I finally got to the doctor today, and learned it is a detached tendon. I need to keep in in a splint for six weeks and then *maybe* the tendon will have reattached. I just pray that the splinting of the finger works, and ask for your prayers too.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
Green Bay TJ

Green Bay TJ

PostSubject: Re: a small prayer request   a small prayer request EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:41 pm

You got it. Let us know how everythng works out.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: a small prayer request   a small prayer request EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:08 pm

OUCHIE! groan

I was thinking it may be a contracture/stricture. We release those on hands every wednesday at my surgery center!!

Hope you heal up well!!!!

me ---> comfort <---you
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: a small prayer request   a small prayer request EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Will do! And, isn’t that annoying when you don’t even remember how you did it?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: a small prayer request   a small prayer request EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Update:  The splint came off earlier this week.  The result is mixed.  The tendon did reattached itself.  However, it did not reattach in the original location at the end of the finger but is closer in to the hand.  The result is that I do have movement and control over the second joint, but it looks like there will be a permanent droop at the end joint.  The doctor does not think surgery would regain mobility at the tip.

After 6 weeks constantly in a splint, the tendon is very tight and needs to stretch again.  Right now, I have about half my normal flex in the second joint, but it is getting better every day.  I estimate another week or two will be needed for the range of motion at that joint to get back to normal.

So ....... prayer is answered.  It's just not always in the way you want.  

k_enn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a small prayer request   a small prayer request Empty

Back to top Go down

a small prayer request
Page 1 of 1