Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012

Go down 
+5
forrest
Roll-Cage
TJ
BlackMagic KJ
Mudslinger
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TJ

TJ

ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Well, my schedule is, as usual, killing me..but, I just got my truck back from the shop after that guy's rear end damage thingie got as fixed as the bass turds at the insurance co would allow...

...and I'd like to do some wheelin on sat or sun if you're doing some runs out there...sunday works better for me as the Mrs could go, and getting Mrs TJ out on the trails is always tough ever since the strokes, etc.

So...wheelin schedule?

big grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.NORA4X4.com
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:45 pm

JeepGurl wrote:
(but a little on the Crying or Very sad side missing 2 great friends on this trip this year, will definately be pretending your there though, Wink )

That just made me cry. I miss all of you guys and I'll miss camping in the PBs with you! First time missing it since 2008 (we went with CC then....and then started our own club trips in 2009)

Have you found someone to lead? They may have some closures....probably have a map at the Atsion office.
I remember how fun it was last year not even wheeling at all...and going to the "ice-tea lake". Napping on the beach.
Couldn't have had a better group to have a better time with!!!

HAVE FUN YOU GUYS!!! Just remember not to go charging into some of the waters....they're surprisingly DEEP!!!

yeah
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Hey TJ! Good to hear from you.

Here is the scoop about "wheeling" in the Pinebarrens. I spoke to both the park police and the folks at the Atsion campground office.

The only "trails" open to ORVs are the fire roads. There is absolutely no driving in any other areas. Basically, according to the Sergeant I spoke to "if it looks cool to do...it is probably not allowed." In order to drive your vehicle on the fire roads, your vehicle must be street legal and registered. In the State of New Jersey the maximum tire size is 38." According to the Sergeant, I should be Ok because my vehicle is titled and legal in the state where I live.

So...that being said, we will plan to do some of the fire roads on Saturday morning. Then probably wonder back to the campground, have lunch and maybe spend some time on the lake (canoeing, or whatever).

Sunday morning, we are planning to meet some folks for breakfast at the Pickalilly. We will leave from there to go home.

TJ feel free to come hang out with us is your schedule allows. It should be a good time!
Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:37 pm

I just started packing now! procrastination oh how i hate thee!

see y'all in the morning, i'm really looking forward to the trip! although less so the deep lake since i am not a great swimmer affraid i generally prefer to keep my feet on terra firma, that being said i'll try 'almost' anything once. This is shaping up to be a great weekend! yeah

Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Hmmmm...

My buddy Dom just mentioned doing some wheeling on Sunday, meeting at the Pick and leaving from there ~ 10 am?

Sat doesn't work any more...so its Sunday or no way.

He was unsure as to who else might be going....any of us?

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Sorry TJ. We were actually planning to go to the pic-a-lilly with Dom but due a a major mechanical failure with one of the jeeps we didn't make it. We ran into quite a few people this weekend from various clubs. They mentioned a clean-up in October so we are hoping we can catch up with them then!
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:53 pm

part of the failure....

ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 41663510

that would be fuel, brake powersteering lines and wiring harness wrapped around my front axle.... oh boy fun fun ahead.... it was really bad.. luckily mudslinger brought his trailer. affraid Crying or Very sad pale Shocked Sad
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:02 pm

That sucks Mike. I am still unclear how that even happened... All that stuff should be no where near the axle
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:37 am

Mudslinger wrote:
Sorry TJ. We were actually planning to go to the pic-a-lilly with Dom but due a a major mechanical failure with one of the jeeps we didn't make it. We ran into quite a few people this weekend from various clubs. They mentioned a clean-up in October so we are hoping we can catch up with them then!

That would be the ANNUAL Pine Barrens Clean-Up.

Very Happy

I never miss it!

Its a good chance for community service as well, because we work with the Park Rangers to clean up areas they cannot get to/get man power to address.

http://www.lostinthepines.com/blog/index.php?itemid=10

Back to top Go down
Roll-Cage

Roll-Cage

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:58 am

JeeperX wrote:
That sucks Mike. I am still unclear how that even happened... All that stuff should be no where near the axle

I have no idea either, it was a pretty spectacular thing to see, it should not even be possible normally from what i understand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012   ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ANNUAL PINEBARREN TRIP 2012
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3