Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

New Ideas for the Libby

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

New Ideas for the Libby  Empty
PostSubject: New Ideas for the Libby    New Ideas for the Libby  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 pm

just some new upgrades in the near future cheers

The three biggest being bumpers, sliders and engine upgrades.

I allowed myself to be spendy and in a few months im splurging on an arb bumper cheers

New Ideas for the Libby  Libert10

this is what she will look like!! and im getting wheel spacers just like the picture. (actually this is rocky road outfitters liberty, which is where i am getting the sliders and spacers bounce )

just thought id share with yall!!
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: New Ideas for the Libby    New Ideas for the Libby  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Cool! Can't wait to see it again!
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: New Ideas for the Libby    New Ideas for the Libby  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:34 pm

WOW!!! It's going to look great!!! yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: New Ideas for the Libby    New Ideas for the Libby  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:08 pm

i know i cannot wait for it and i found something else very cool for it!!

New Ideas for the Libby  B9b8b710

its a really slick antenna mount and now it wont smack on trees cheers
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: New Ideas for the Libby    New Ideas for the Libby  EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Cool bumper!
...but question about the spacers… won’t putting the tires out farther cause even more trouble with the flares? Or, do you already have plans to expand the wheel wells?

Don’t know where you antenna is now, but I had a fiberglass whip in the same location as this picture. Even with a spring mount I snapped it off. Didn’t even try a second one – put a softer spring mount on it and bought a long wire antenna.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: New Ideas for the Libby    New Ideas for the Libby  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Pete, the spacers will actually allow for complete wheel turn in forward and reverse unlike now. its actually pushing the inner edge of the tire out so it binds up less.

The antenna mount is supposedly for a fiberglass antenna, but i plan on running a 6 ft steel whip off it with a quick disconnect. one of my frends is running the same setup as i want on his truck and it works perfectly. to be honest im a steel whip fan. much more flexible cheers
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: New Ideas for the Libby    New Ideas for the Libby  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Duh Pete, I didn’t even think of the turning radius…I was just thinking of up travel.

I call this the domino sport – you fix one thing & then you gotta fix something else…

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: New Ideas for the Libby    New Ideas for the Libby  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:50 pm

hahaha not lost i know.. its a constant battle. and i checked with the company im buying my cb stuff from.. they said the mount will work perfectly fine with a whip.

im hoping to have the bumper and winch for christmas. the new cb and antenna will be installed before thanksgiving holiday is over. also im building a new storage box thats much smaller and lighter, but im also building a verticle rack that will attach to my interior panels to hold my axe and shovel so they are always there even when i take the box out.

Thanks for the opinions and feedback!! i appreciate it and i will post photos as stuff gets updated!!
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

PostSubject: Re: New Ideas for the Libby    New Ideas for the Libby  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:58 pm

oh and the mount in the picture is not in the same spot i plan to put it in. i plan to put mine above the taillamp and as far backwards as possible to avoid trees!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ideas for the Libby    New Ideas for the Libby  Empty

Back to top Go down

New Ideas for the Libby
Page 1 of 1