Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Local volunteer opportunity

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NotLost

NotLost

Local volunteer opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Local volunteer opportunity   Local volunteer opportunity EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:57 pm

There are many ways to volunteer in your community. I personally believe it’s the responsibility of all citizens to give back to their community in some fashion (besides paying taxes), and even more so if you call yourself a Christian.
army

I was talking to someone about the club and they mentioned some things they did when they were in a club back in the 70’s. After he mentioned it, it seemed so obvious that I wished I had thought of it myself, and maybe some of you already have and are. Embarassed

They volunteered their services to local fire and rescue squads for the purpose of recoveries, gaining access, or any other unique service that can’t be performed with the average rescue vehicle, tow truck, etc. Also, they provided transportation during inclement weather for emergency personnel to get to their place of work, whether it’s to the hospital, urgi-care, or fire station.

I know we have club members, like AZLugs, who are active members of emergency recovery teams. Not all of us have the skills or time to volunteer at that level, but we have unique tools (our vehicles) that could serve our community.

Please don’t take this as coming off strong – it’s just another volunteer opportunity where we can provide a service while presenting a witness.

Post up your testimonies as they occur, I’d love to hear them!! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789

Local volunteer opportunity
Page 1 of 1