Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Club Service Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

Club Service Day Empty
PostSubject: Club Service Day   Club Service Day EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:34 pm

Hey yall. just wanted to propose an idea given to me saturday by Samantha. She thought it would be nice to do a day of service at the farm in return for being able to freely come and mud as we wish.

Right now it is just an idea but if you are up for it, i can run it by the boss.

I am all for it since we are allowed to come as much as we wish and i could always use a hand (or many geek ).

At the moment, as some of you saw on saturday, we are bginning a large fencing project that requires a lot of work when there are only a few people around.

Jeff is always looking for help, and i think this i a great way to keep jeff open to us using the farm (if yall still want to go mudding more..)

LET ME KNOW WHAT DAYS/WEEKENDS WRK FOR YOU BETWEEN NOW AND MIDDLE OF JUNE!! I WILL PICK A DAY THAT WORKS FOR ALL OF US.

I figure if we do it, we can do a single day or multiple days, depending on how you all feel. And if we do this, we can make it a nice day of work, lunch cookout, fellowship, and at the end of the day mudding/bonfire!!!

I hope yall are up for this because I know my boss would love it, and it will garauntee a free access fourwheel spot!

So lets get an army together and make it happen!
Back to top Go down
JeepGurl

JeepGurl

Club Service Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Service Day   Club Service Day EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 pm

That sounds like a great idea! My June work schedule is made up in the beginning of May so I will know of my weekends off for June at that time. Or if we pick a day to do it before then I'll suggest that weekend off! sunny big grin yeah bounce
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Club Service Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Service Day   Club Service Day EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm all in for helping out. We typically have a busy schedule...but I know we can make it. I can look at a few dates and get back to you. I think it would be a great thing to do!

As for a 'new place' to wheel.....TWO THINGS:

1. (and I am only speaking for myself and Chris on this one) we are not big fans of mud. I was born into this hobby several years back and ROCKcrawling is/was/will always be the only way. Except for "trying to not get stuck" there's no challenge to it. No technical aspect. Although I admit it was fun filming!!! Also, what is the bug situation with the marsh in the summer? Are there a lot of mosquitoes? (I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer!!! hahahaaa)

2. Half of the A/O Board agrees (and are going to get with the other half) that we are not sure about the club using someone's private land for club trips. There are a lot of issues with it, which I will not list right now. Once we have all talked about it, I will have a memo out.

But as for helping out....we are IN!
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

Club Service Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Service Day   Club Service Day EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:01 pm

sure i understand the boards concerns and we can work it out. and bugs.. ive never had a problem.

But i will talk to the boss this week and let you know. sweet. glad theres some interest.
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

Club Service Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Service Day   Club Service Day EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:08 pm

and i understand the rockcrawling.. i love rausch!! but i was born in to mud.. but im about even with both hahaha lol! .

whatever decision the board comes up with im gonna honor because i want to stay in the club for my lifetime, but i was just passing on what my boss said about you all being welcome there. its not gonna become your property, but it/he wil always be open to letting the club have fun when there is some one from the farm around.

like i said i totally repect whatever decision comes down the pipe-line!! (the concerns i understand)
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

Club Service Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Service Day   Club Service Day EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi guys! As Sam and I said this weekend, we would be willing to dedicate a day (probably a Saturday) to offer our assistance on the farm to thank Jeff for allowing us on his property this past weekend.

As far a future wheeling events on private property, that is definitely a decision that needs to be reviewed by the entire board as it presents its own unique circumstances.

Sam and I will look at our calendar and provide some dates that we would be available bounce
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

Club Service Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Service Day   Club Service Day EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Cool. i will let you know when i hear from the boss about some dates he has open too.

On the subject of the board discussion, i will definitely honor what comes down the pipe line from you all. i understand what you are saying and whatever happens is fine with me cause i respect the club and its decisions to the fullest!!
Back to top Go down
BlackMagic KJ

BlackMagic KJ

Club Service Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Service Day   Club Service Day EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:51 pm

If yall are still interested, ive got a project at the farm that requires some help..

back in the swamp there are two beaver dams flooding the swamp and making it as difficult to wheel in as it was..

my boss has been trying and trying to get them out and he thinks it be a great project for us.

more info to come as soon i hear about possible dates from yall so please please respond!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Club Service Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Service Day   Club Service Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Service Day
Page 1 of 1