Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Hello from West Milford NJ

Go down 
+2
XterraXtian
Slim Jim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

Hello from West Milford NJ Empty
PostSubject: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi,
I was a passenger in wiretie's XJ at the R.C. event in PA. It was a great time with great people! I have wheeled various older vehicles over the years. I currently have a 2000XJ that I try to keep to, at most, light wheeling. If.....I mean when I get my strength back, I plan to get or put together a dedicated trail rig. Right now I would have trouble with any recovery and/or trail side repairs. So the passenger thing is it for now. Although, the group seemed so friendly and supportive I'm sure I would get help if I needed it. For you diehard Jeep guys you may enjoy my other Jeep. It does not see trails anymore because of the 6 year restore. It is how I do my Jeeping currently. It is a 1946 CJ2A.

Enjoy,
Jim

Hello from West Milford NJ 2a_2-111
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:45 pm

bliss Hi Jim!!! I'm glad you came along with Harry. I apologize to BOTH of you for brain-farting when you walked over. I was still asleep...and was kinda confused by the group next to us! I thought you came over from them, that's why I asked who you were running with. hahahaa

I'm crazy

Glad you guys had fun. And if you get the bug to want to run around on the easy stuff, I'd run with you in my XJ (the red one you saw sitting sadly in the lot) I would do easy stuff in it, but not much more, as it really needs some armor and height!

Your CJ is wicked! Do you bring it to the PA JEEP SHOW?
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Thanks for the compliment. The only PA show I have done with it is "The Great Willys Picnic" in the Lehighton area. Great old jeeps. This years event is on June 12 at the No. 9 Coal Mine. The show you are speaking of....is that the Butler one? I have to look into that one some more....Butler is at least 5hrs from me, but I have family in Altoona... somewhat nearby.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:54 pm

No, it's the one at the York, PA Fairgrounds! It's awesome! You should enter it in the contest!!! Our club has a tent there every year since 2007! We were a week and a half old as a club when we had our first PA Jeep Show club tent! It was great! You should look into it. I'll try to find you some information.
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Wow that CJ is awesome. Pa Show would be great for it.

It was great meeting you on Sat, Sorry I did not get that much time to chat with you and Harry. We will have everyone get together for a non wheeln trip soon for some fellowship time.
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:45 pm

WOW… that CJ is …WOW!

The York show would be cool – but you gotta go BIG and make it to the Bantam 70th anniversary festival & drive it in the parade & be part of a Guinness world record!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 11:26 pm

Thank you all. York is about 4hrs away from me. From what I see it is a 2 day show in the July time frame. It is outside I presume? Jeeps of all kinds? More info would be great. Contest???
Not Lost...I have to look into the Bantam 70th....I actually don't know much about what is going on there. I know some of the history and their part in the Jeep. I also have an un-restored 1947 Bantam Jeep trailer to go with the 2A. The two kind of go together. The parade would be neat.
Jeeperx...no worries, we were having too much fun to talk dance ...also a big group.
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 am

Welcome to the group. And sweet restoration.

k_enn
(from right side of the Delaware) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockready

rockready

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:47 pm

i love the old willys. i cant wait to own one again and restore it.
Back to top Go down
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome and compliments!

rockready, own one again? What did you have?
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Yeah, I’m a bone-head… I copied the link and forgot to paste it into the thread.

http://www.bantamjeepfestival.com/

It’s a 3 day event & the parades on Friday, so make sure to get that day off.

Man, if you come in pullin’ that Willys on a Bantam trailer, you’ll have an instant fan club with lots of Jeep groupies!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
rockready

rockready

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:10 pm

i originally had a 47 2j 2a. but it was so rough. it ran and moved but did not stop the floor was rotted out and plywood was in its place. the frame was diamond by 1 1/2". since i was in chassis fab school i made a new frame and had my buddys fix the floor and firewall. i braught it home and started to build my self a vehicle. during that time my brother and i switched vehicles and i got the 97 tj that i use for wheeling know. i sold all the parts to a guy the restores vehicles. my other that i just got rid of was a cj 3b. picked it up in maryland started to tear it down and start and save stuff but my divorce got in the way and sold it.
i want to make one original and never use it for offroad and just drive it on the weekends and every know and then to work. modifing is easy to do but trying to get one back to original is hard to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Milford NJ   Hello from West Milford NJ Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from West Milford NJ
Page 1 of 1