Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Share | 
 

 RECIPES!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
XterraXtian
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2316
Join date : 2008-07-01
Age : 46
Location : Forest Hill, MD

PostSubject: RECIPES!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:07 pm

I thought it'd be fun to post up what some of your fave recipes are....
whether it's camping food, gourmet, or just simple stuff.

Christina made some wicked cookies the other night when we went over for dinner and they were made with SPLENDA instead of real sugar....which was awesome for Chris being diabetic for the last 28 years. I will post the recipe as soon as she sends it to me.

Anyone have anything special that they make that they'd like to share? Post it up!!!

study

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
XterraXtian
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2316
Join date : 2008-07-01
Age : 46
Location : Forest Hill, MD

PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:12 pm

PATTEY'S PASTA SALAD

I usually make too much, so I'll tone down the recipe:

1 box of Farafalle (bow tie) Pasta
1 jar of sundried tomatoes in oil
1 container Athenos Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 jar (or small container from olive bar) Pitted Kalamata Olives
Fresh Cilantro (handful...just add to taste)
Balsamic Vinegar


While pasta is cooking, pour sundried tomato oil into another vessel, you'll be adding it to the cooked and drained pasta. Cut up the sundried tomatoes into smaller pieces. Cut the Kalamatas into halves or quarters depending on your preference.

Drain and rinse pasta in cool water until it's not hot anymore. Add the oil from the sundried tomatoes and mix up. Add the tomatoes and Kalamatas. Mix. Add the feta cheese and cilantro. Mix. Add balsamic vinegar and mix until happy with the taste.....yeah, I know that's very vague, but I just make it...no meaurements. You'll know when it's right. If I had to guess, I'd say start at a 1/4 cup and move up to 1/2 a cup if it's not enough.

Mix and put in fridge or eat right away.....it's good no matter what!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
XterraXtian
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2316
Join date : 2008-07-01
Age : 46
Location : Forest Hill, MD

PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Here's another good one that was a hit at one of the Xterra Club events Chris and I went to a few years ago!



Summer Sausage Salad

1 package Premio Mild Italian Sausage [1.4 lb pkg] (cooked as per directions, cooled and diced inch)
3 medium potatoes, peeled, diced inch, cooked and cooled (peel and cook whole & then cut)
3 Granny Smith Apples, unpeeled, diced inch
1 cups celery, diced inch
1 cups red onions, sliced
cup olive oil
3 ounces lemon juice
2 oz cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
cup sugar
cup fresh parsley, chopped
cup walnuts, chopped

Combine all ingredients well and allow to marinate overnight.


_________________
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
XterraXtian
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2316
Join date : 2008-07-01
Age : 46
Location : Forest Hill, MD

PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:18 pm

BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

3 8-oz packages of Philly cream cheese
2 pounds chicken (cooked and shredded)
bottle of FRANK'S RED HOT hot saucE (as much as you like)
1 bottle of blue cheese dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar

Put all the ingredients together in a pan, heat until ingredients are all blended together.
Place in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes @ 350.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
k_enn

avatar

Posts : 464
Join date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Enchilada Casserole   Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:42 am

I like to make an enchilada casserole. It is a layered item -- kind of like a Mexican lasagna. It is simple if you use store bought items, or you can go all out and make everything from scratch (including the tortillas). Here is the simple version:

1 lb ground turkey, sauteed.
Stir in one envelope of taco seasoning.
Add one can of black beans.

Take a rectangular lasagna pan.

Open a can of enchilada sauce. Put a little bit on the bottom of the pan.

Add a layer of tortillas.

Add a layer of the meat mixture.

Sprinkle some grated cheese (cheddar, cheddar/jack, or Mexican blend).

Add some sauce.

Repeat with layers of tortilla, meat, cheese, and sauce until ingredients are used up. ( I usually use two or three cans of sauce, to keep it moist).

Bake at 350 for about half hour.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2316
Join date : 2008-07-01
Age : 46
Location : Forest Hill, MD

PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   Sat May 19, 2012 1:06 am

bump---for some good recipes!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
TJ

avatar

Posts : 290
Join date : 2008-07-23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   Sat May 19, 2012 10:04 am

Cheese Burger:

Ground Beef
Cheese
Bun

Cook the beef until its not mooing, add cheese so it melts, put it between the bun.

yeah
Back to top Go down
http://www.NORA4X4.com
ballen0351



Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   Sat May 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Moink Balls

Ground beef or premade meat balls whichever you prefer. I use ground beef and make my own meat balls.

I like to put a small piece of jalapino pepper inside the meat ball

Wrap the meatball in a half slice of bacon.

Throw on grill over low heat until bacon looks done or my prefered method put on a smoker for few hours until bacon is cooked.

In small.sauce pan heat up tabasco jelly until its runny.

Spoon jelly mixture ontop of cooked meatball and bacon.

Eat.

I normally also make atomic peppers as well if im making Moink balls

Take jalapino peppers cut length wise in half. Clean out the seeds.

In a bowl mix cream cheese and shredded chedder together.

Fill jalapino halfa with cream cheese and chedder mix until even with sides of the pepper.

Wrap in half a bacon slice.

Put on grill low heat or smoker until bacon is cooked.

If you in a hurry one trick is to cook bacon in microwave for about a min then wrap peppers or meatballs and put on grill.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2316
Join date : 2008-07-01
Age : 46
Location : Forest Hill, MD

PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   Sat May 19, 2012 2:06 pm

TJ wrote:
Cheese Burger:

Ground Beef
Cheese
Bun

Cook the beef until its not mooing, add cheese so it melts, put it between the bun.

yeah


How MUCH Ground Beef????? Geeez! So vague!!!



ballen0351 wrote:
Moink Balls

Ground beef or premade meat balls whichever you prefer. I use ground beef and make my own meat balls.

I like to put a small piece of jalapino pepper inside the meat ball

Wrap the meatball in a half slice of bacon.

Throw on grill over low heat until bacon looks done or my prefered method put on a smoker for few hours until bacon is cooked.

In small.sauce pan heat up tabasco jelly until its runny.

Spoon jelly mixture ontop of cooked meatball and bacon.

Eat.

I normally also make atomic peppers as well if im making Moink balls

Take jalapino peppers cut length wise in half. Clean out the seeds.

In a bowl mix cream cheese and shredded chedder together.

Fill jalapino halfa with cream cheese and chedder mix until even with sides of the pepper.

Wrap in half a bacon slice.

Put on grill low heat or smoker until bacon is cooked.

If you in a hurry one trick is to cook bacon in microwave for about a min then wrap peppers or meatballs and put on grill.


Oh good LORD, you had me at "BACON"!!!
(I know it's a 'guy' thing, but us women love it too!!!!)

dance

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
k_enn

avatar

Posts : 464
Join date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm

TJXtian wrote:
TJ wrote:
Cheese Burger:

Ground Beef
Cheese
Bun

Cook the beef until its not mooing, add cheese so it melts, put it between the bun.

yeah


How MUCH Ground Beef????? Geeez! So vague!!!


Geez., you had to bust TJ's balls?

k_enn
Back to top Go down
TJ

avatar

Posts : 290
Join date : 2008-07-23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   Sat May 19, 2012 10:52 pm

I am an Ar-Teest, I do not trifle myself with quantitative limitations to my culinary creativity.

Back to top Go down
http://www.NORA4X4.com
XterraXtian
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2316
Join date : 2008-07-01
Age : 46
Location : Forest Hill, MD

PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   Sat May 19, 2012 10:59 pm

TJ wrote:
I am an Ar-Teest, I do not trifle myself with quantitative limitations to my culinary creativity.



So I suppose you're not going to tell me if it was one slice of cheese or two then, huh???

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: RECIPES!   

Back to top Go down
 
RECIPES!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» BASS OR BREAM RECIPES
» Kombi Kitchen Recipes
» The Big Green Egg -- general information, benefits, recipes, stories
» Baked Mackerel in Cider
» Hemp anyone?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Omega Offroad :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: EVERYTHING ELSE/OFF TOPIC-
Jump to: