Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

97 Disco oil burner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SandbachUK

SandbachUK

97 Disco oil burner Empty
PostSubject: 97 Disco oil burner   97 Disco oil burner EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Here is a picture of my r/h drive 97 Land Rover Discovery. The truck has done many miles, but still has lots of miles ahead. Its in the shop at the moment having a new clutch mechanism fitted.

I'm waiting to fit two nice new bucket seats to it (Ebay sourced), The wish list is at least three pages long, but that's half the fun eh?

97 Disco oil burner Salisbury-plain-2010

The picture was taken on Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire. The area is used by the British army for tank training. Our guide for the day being ex military police knew the area extremely well. This was just as well, because there are signs everywhere warning drivers to stay on the track "or there is a risk of death"!

The truck has been lifted the usual 2inches, and has been stripped of any anti roll bars (sway bars?). It is pretty good on dirt tracks, ruts and the green lanes we get in England. The best modification without doubt being the home made shelf on the back door, designed for cooking up trail food and brewing tea.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.cheshirelandy.wordpress.com
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: 97 Disco oil burner   97 Disco oil burner EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:50 pm

yeah yeah yeah VERY NICE!!! yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: 97 Disco oil burner   97 Disco oil burner EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:44 pm

That is awesome! I bet that thing would do great around here. Glad you are having fun with it.
Back to top Go down
chariotofmanliness

chariotofmanliness

PostSubject: Re: 97 Disco oil burner   97 Disco oil burner EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:46 am

3 pages of wish list? you sure that's not a jeep? Just Empty Evey Pocket (that's what jeep is an acronim for) tank trails are tons of fun, i used to run them when i was stationed at ft ord, california (the post is no longer there due to military cut backs). i only ever came across a tank once, and that was when i was stationed in korea. we were doing an exercise, i was running a deuce and a half down from the dmz (simulating an attack) there was a tank blocking the road (turret facing away from me), so i zipped around him only to have his buddy pull out of the brush right next to me.......yeah, i had to change my drawers after that.
Back to top Go down
SandbachUK

SandbachUK

PostSubject: Re: 97 Disco oil burner   97 Disco oil burner EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:35 pm

chariotofmanliness wrote:
.... so i zipped around him only to have his buddy pull out of the brush right next to me.......yeah, i had to change my drawers after that.

LOL! I don't blame you. Salisbury Plain is littered with old tanks used for target practice. Loads of ex Iraqi stuff that Sadam Hussain's fellas no longer had any use for. At least they're not being used to kill people now.

Must say that Salisbury Plain is a great playground, you can drive for miles without leaving the area. That's pretty unusual for the UK.

Just been watching an old cowboy film on tv - Jimmy Stewart, Janet Leigh and Robert Ryan. The scenery is outstanding (not to mention the acting and the colours), you lads are so lucky having the land you've got to play in. I expect you can drive for hours without hitting a highway.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.cheshirelandy.wordpress.com
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: 97 Disco oil burner   97 Disco oil burner EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Salisbury Plain is where Stonehenge is, right? Shame there's 'litter'.

You were watching "The Naked Spur"......I loved Jimmy Stewart. I wasn't much of a fan of his westerns, but he did do some good ones. "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" was great too.

Yes, our "west" has a LOT of beautiful places to offroad. Can't wait to visit some of them!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
chariotofmanliness

chariotofmanliness

PostSubject: Re: 97 Disco oil burner   97 Disco oil burner EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:47 am

i've been through southern arizona a couple a times, lots of WIDE OPEN spaces there. colorado has some great wilderness too, been there a few times to load out spinach, the farms are in the middle of nowhere. my first trip out there, i woke a wolf up ( he was sleeping in the lane to the farm )
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: 97 Disco oil burner   97 Disco oil burner EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:25 pm

In the 4 corners area where Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona all touch, there are places you can go all day w/o seeing another person.

At night, if you lay down and look up at the sky, the sky goes from horizon to horizon, it looks like a giant velvet dome over the earth, with millions of stars sparkling through.

In NJ, if I lay on my back and look up at the night sky, I'd probably just get stepped on, and if lucky, see a few stars trying to poke through the haze of light pollution from street lights, etc....then the mosquitoes would be done drawing all of my blood, and I'd be unconscious with West Nile Virus.

Around here, we have the firing ranges, etc, by the NJ Pine Barrens...but, they have so much security there, you might as well declare war if you are going in.

We do have the State Parks in the Pines though, which is unique....and Rausch Creek in nearby PA isn't too far to go in a few hrs to climb some rocks.

There are a lot of Rovers playing there btw, cool rigs.

Back to top Go down
http://www.NORA4X4.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 97 Disco oil burner   97 Disco oil burner Empty

Back to top Go down

97 Disco oil burner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Omega Offroad :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: MEMBERS RIGS-
Jump to: