Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

It's cool to say hello

Go down 
+4
k_enn
JeeperX
XterraXtian
SandbachUK
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SandbachUK

SandbachUK

It's cool to say hello Empty
PostSubject: It's cool to say hello   It's cool to say hello EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 am

Hello to everyone on Alphaomega,

As you'll see from my Avatar I run an old Land Rover Discovery Mk1 diesel. I gather you don't have many oil burners in the states? Its ideal for me and my family - its a play thing really, but doubles up as a family car on occasions.

I do a lot of Green Laning in North Wales and because it is very close to my home in Cheshire, England. Close by is the Peak District National Park, which has some pretty good lanes too.

The green lanes here are mainly ancient routes used in antiquity by farmers and merchants. Many lanes are closed to us by law to protect them from damage (which has more to do with the local town councils not wanting to spend money maintaining them). We are however left with sufficient access to lanes, allowing us to enjoy the land God created.

Which brings me nicely to the other aspect of this forum.

My wife and I are friends with a couple that are dedicated to Jesus. They are due to set off for West Africa in the next few weeks, after years of preparation. They are to serve people in the Ivory Coast as missionaries.

For many years I have been a dedicated atheist, an adherent of science and steadfastly closed to the scriptures in the New Testiment. Over the last month I have to admit to a change of heart - notice the word heart.

I am not ready to declare to the world that I am a Christian. Yet. I really hope that soon I will be able to, but for now I want to continue to study and read. Science is still something of a stumbling block for me, although my heart is telling me something else.

Lee Strobel's book 'The case for Christ' is proving quite interesting - I imagine many of you will have read it? My next book will be 'Letters from a Skeptic' by Dr. Gregory Boyd, and by then Amazon should of delivered a copy of the New Testiment (to replace the copy I have on my phone).

This is so important, we each must get this right. The question of faith, our origins, and our purpose for life. I really don't want to screw this up.

Anyway, nice to say helo.

All the very best
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.cheshirelandy.wordpress.com
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: It's cool to say hello   It's cool to say hello EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:46 pm

yeah Welcome Chris!!! Thanks for coming in and sharing your story!

I cannot speak for everyone here, but I can say that everyone I know from my walk with Christ (only been 6 years now) all started out in the same place as you.....you are not alone. Being open to becoming faithful is a SUPER start!!! I was where you were. I am bad at "Christian talk" but i can say that for myself, my life has been changed and better for letting Him into my life. I'm not going to lie and say it's all rainbows and bunnies and "kumbaya"....as a matter of fact, sometimes bad things happen as you grow closer to God/Jesus...and that is the Devil doing it, as he doesn't want you to follow Christ. (it's okay if you just snickered....I had trouble with the concept before too) Someone once said that the greatest lie was that Satan has people believing he doesn't exist.

On the flip side, my favorite quote is from GK Chesterson: "Jesus promised his disciples three things—that they would be completely fearless, absurdly happy, and in constant trouble." It makes me smile and I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a follower of Christ! I know some people in here will be able to help you with questions, so ask away.

Also, not a whole lot of people have posted in there, but the testimonial section is a good place to see how other people came to be Christians. Check it out here: https://alphaomegaoffroad.forumotion.com/f12-testimonies

Now.... A Diesel! NIIIICE!!!!! We have a 1999 Dodge Ram diesel. We've only taken that off-roading in the Pine Barrens in NJ. I;m going to go now and check out your pictures!

Again, WELCOME!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

PostSubject: Re: It's cool to say hello   It's cool to say hello EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. I had the pleasure of visiting Whales and London when I was in High School and LOVED IT. I have vowed to go back and visit sometime.

As for science and God (I am in no way a scientist) but from my reading that alot of what science has found proves God and intelligent design. Listen to you heart and open it to what you are hearing from God. My walk has taken a few long side roads but when I open my heart to what God is saying it is amazing what can happen. If you have questions we will try to help as much as possible.

Like Pattey said we have a Ram diesel truck but it is mainly a tow rig. Once she lets me buy a newer one I will probably turn it into a offroader... I love diesels and wish the US would open up that market some more.
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

PostSubject: Re: It's cool to say hello   It's cool to say hello EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:23 am

Welcome to the forum, and to Christ. You may want to take Patty up on the link to the testimonial section.

As for the science verses God issue --- I have never heard a scientist adequately explain the cause of what they claim happens/happened. For example, while they have a theory of evolution which relies in large part upon genetic change, what originally causes the genetic change in the species? (e.g., while they argue that various man made carcinogens may cause genetic change, what caused it before man existed?). Likewise, while the argue that the universe was created in a "big bang" of matter, what created the matter that cause the big bang? (Personally, I am not saying to discard science -- the theory of evolution may explain some what we but the initial cause of the evolutionary changes remains unexplained by science. What I am saying is that science and religion need not be mutually exclusive).

k_enn
Back to top Go down
chariotofmanliness

chariotofmanliness

PostSubject: Re: It's cool to say hello   It's cool to say hello EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:28 am

welcome welcome to the forums. it's good to hear that you're coming around to thinking about Jesus. i found him back in 84. i'm not what you'd call a "perfect" Christian, i usually get very annoyed at work because of some of the higher up's seemingly indifference to what i have to deal with in my work station on a nightly basis. i know God doesn't want me to feel this way, but it's hard at times.....so i usually try to sneek over to the break room and get a coffee and clear my mind. we don't have a huge diesel market over here, we'd reaaly like to see some of those diesel jeeps. sounds like you got some of the same problems with land access as we do. i think the biggest fiasco with restrcted access is the fact that alot of our public lands can and should be opened for our sport, after all, we're paying for the land thru our taxes. i'll get off my soap box now....lol. best wishes to you and don't be a stranger
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: It's cool to say hello   It's cool to say hello EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:22 pm

Welcome aboard!
The company I work for just bought a plant in Caerphilly, Mid Glamorgan and one in Lydney, Gloucestershire. If I ever get a chance to visit, can I look you up?? Very Happy

I was an atheist till 30. Science was actually significant to my becoming a Christian. This is a good site for creation science: http://www.icr.org/

Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
SandbachUK

SandbachUK

PostSubject: I'm overwhelmed   It's cool to say hello EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:58 pm

I read all your replies yesterday and was stunned by your generosity. Thank you for all your good wishes.

Not wanting to make this over-long or wordy surfice to say that if any of you are ever over in the UK, get in touch and I'll show you some of our lanes.

I am going to make that leap of faith (excuse the cliche) and let you in a secret - I believe. All the people I've talked to (including you guys) have been so helpful with supporting me, Thanks.

There is still some work to be done, but I'll get there. Need to speak with my Pastor friend about a few issues, but it'll come together. For so long, I've denied Christianity, I still have some reservations to overcome.

When I've got some time, I'll sit down in front of the computer and write some more.

And I'm getting my Truck back soon, now the clutch has been fixed.

It's all good

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.cheshirelandy.wordpress.com
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: It's cool to say hello   It's cool to say hello EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Chris.... So happy to have you and glad that you decided to make that leap! It is a journey and we all from time to time have questions and its OK...but as I have learned over time there is only one answer.

My wife's relatives live in Anglesey, Wales-we visited several years ago and absolutely loved it! Gorgeous country. We hope to make a trip over to there in the near future....but if you are ever in the States make sure to visit Maryland and us! You would be more than welcome!
Back to top Go down
jesusjeeper

jesusjeeper

PostSubject: Re: It's cool to say hello   It's cool to say hello EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 9:37 pm

welcome bro!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's cool to say hello   It's cool to say hello Empty

Back to top Go down

It's cool to say hello
Page 1 of 1