Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Chris

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Chris Empty
PostSubject: Chris   Chris EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Well, we're coming up on 24 hours in the hospital since Chris' weird chest pains last night. He's doing great and all tests (including a nuclear stress test) are negative for any problems. He's been feeling fine pretty much since the middle of the night. We got here @ 10 last night (mon) and he was admitted @ 4am. We shut off the light in his room and tried to fall asleep, when someone walked in and turned it on to draw blood! It's pretty much been that way since. It's almost time to go, and my angel is finally asleep. Which probably means someone will walk in to do something. HAHAHAAAA!

Pray Chris gets the rest he needs......and we get the HECK outta here......SOON! Sons of Anarchy is on @10!

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
NotLost

NotLost

Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris   Chris EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Whoa… did I miss another post?
Praying first that he will be perfectly fine; second that they’ll be able to figure it out and get him on the road.

Side note…
my dad was 2 days away from a pace-maker. At the last minute they canceled the surgery and told him he needed to drink water, that his electrolytes were out of balance. Who’d a guessed!

They say caffeine is the worst (might take a close call for me to lay off the coffee, though).

Tell him we love ‘em & are praying!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
k_enn

k_enn

Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris   Chris EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 am

Praying for him. Chest pains can be weird, and caused by many possible things. Sometimes what you think is real bad actually is not (e.g., the time I had *really bad* heartburn after eating really spicy food, and my wife thought it was another heart attack), and other times you think it is nothing and it is bad (e.g., I still don't recognize when I had my first heart attack, and my second did not seem like your traditional heart attack).

Let them check him out real good. Usually an plain electrocardiogram shows if there has been a heart incident. Even better, I am glad to hear the nuclear stress test turned out ok -- that detects a lot of heart issues beyond just an electrocardiogram. However, you may not be able to rule out the heart 100% unless they do an angiogram, but the nuclear stress is close to 100% for identifying whether a problem is likely.

If it is not heart, he should be out soon. Like pdlong said, it could be just an imbalance. Potassium levels can affect the heart a lot, and potassium can be affected by fluid levels (e.g., a diuretic depletes potassium). Sometimes something as simple as caffine, or tension, can cause a constriction that can produce some chest pain. Even something as dumb a s muscle pull can feel real bad if it is the wrong muscle.

Let us know what happens.

Ken
Back to top Go down
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris   Chris EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:36 am

Thanks everyone! group hug

I am out and fine. Tests all showed nothing going on. I am very grateful for my extended family and all the prayers and support I got.

Pattey, you are a wonderful wife and thank you for staying with me all night and the next day even though I was telling you to go home... I am blessed to have you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris   Chris Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris
Page 1 of 1