Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP

Go down 
+4
Milkman
Mudslinger
NotLost
XterraXtian
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP Empty
PostSubject: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:58 am

Already posted in other thread.....but figured I'd start another.

Besides our meeting on Labor day weekend, the other weekend we're off is the 18th. I'm on call on the 25th. And while I'm off the 9-13th, Chris is not. *sigh*.

We will get it straight. Embarassed

Last edited by XJXtian on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 pm

We’re clear the 18th and 19th.
Found several trails that appear to be everybody’s favorite (on the web).

Just a side thought – there’s a thread already with suggestions for first aid kits, camping gear, etc… Just wanted to double suggest one item – besides safety & alerting directions, its plain fun since fellowship is what we’re doing, so getcha a cheap CB if you don’t have one. Just be careful not to mount the mike where you can accidently key it up (like we did – and everybody found out had bad Paula and Allie’s boyfriend had to go to the bathroom).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdlong123456789
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:07 am

September 18th and 19th work for us! I am really looking forward to this trip!
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:28 am

The GWNF trip is only a month away so thinkin’ we should start early planning?
Maybe during the business meeting we can decide when/where we’re going to meet.
Knowing that not everybody can make the meeting, just wondering who’s thinking about going?
There’s a couple from our church that may join us with their wee little one!

Don’t know if there are any first time camp/wheelers, but found these checklists… I can never remember everything when packing – kinda nice to be able to check things off.
Camping: http://www.campingsupplychecklist.com/
Wheeling: http://www.offroaders.com/tech/Offroaders_Checklist.htm

If you want to check out what some of the trails look like, you can search YouTube for GWNF. Don’t panic watching the vids – notice many of these are stock, just that the stuff they video isn’t always on the established trails.

Talked to the park rangers and verified many of the trails and campsites are open and available. We can camp anywhere, but you gotta be back off the trail, and lavatory setup requirements are stringent. I assured them we would not be trashing the place, like some of the YouTube videos, and that we intend on leaving it cleaner than before we came. She sounded excited when I told her it was a Christian club!

Here’s some preliminary stuff I found – we got lucky – the best trails seem to be in the North River Ranger District, which is, um, in the north.

MAP: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=106135748021838335789.00048c11a030aba2b1c8f&ll=39.67337,-77.080078&spn=3.141236,4.916382&z=8

PS
Found a church too, but maybe we should have a devotional picked out just in case we’re too wiped out & don’t get up on time!
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:05 pm

My Jeep is itching to get dirty, so if you guys decide on the w/e of the 18th, we will plan to be there. Miss seeing you guys.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:33 pm

cheers

I love how excited you are, Pete! I do have to say, though, that we really didn't realize it was as long a drive as it is.....and were thinking maybe Greenridge is more realistic. The 4 of us were out that way 2 weekends ago...its super nice, and only a couple hours' drive.

With such a long drive to GW, and that most of us cannot leave before Saturday morning, we thought it made more sense. But we want to still plan a trip down there, but include a Friday for travel time.

We can talk more about it Saturday.

yeah
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:38 pm

Where is Greenridge?
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:45 pm

In MD by the WV, PA and VA lines.
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:34 pm

That's about four hours from me. Are there any places to stay nearby? If we do come, we'll probably leave Friday night so I won't be too tired to wheel.
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Either’s fine with me.
Don’t know exactly where Greenridge is, but the area you mentioned is only about 10 min closer for us. But, whatever draws the biggest group is good!

Can you give any more details?
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:21 pm

What's only 10 more minutes? GWNF is 4.5 hours, Greenridge is 2.5 at the most.

Go ahead and Google GREENRIDGE STATE PARK in MD. I'm thinking of camping Nd I saw a map of the ORV trail, hiking trails and camping sites. The OFFROAD trail is an 18 mile loop. I have to call the office to see about conditions.

I'm not trying to be rude and avoid answering questions, but as for finding plsces to stay, or info on the park...please use your resources on your computer to find out. I dont have one right now and am doing things from my phone (including this message).

I'll find out what I can about camping.
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Doesn't seem to be anywhere to stay other than the campground, which is primitive. Coupled with the fact that we wouldn't get there until around 10pm, we're going to pass on this trip. There's some local guys wanting to do something that same weekend that i may be able to hook up with. We'll see you guys another time.
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Ah, cool… yes, 2.25hr for us. I was guestimating closer to the WV boarder. For some reason google was freaking out on greenridge. I put a space in between and worked much better – so much for fancy search algorithms!

I made another map (yes, I’m obsessive) for those that don’t want to search: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=106135748021838335789.00048f4cb3b4eedaad35d&t=h&ll=39.702432,-78.463669&spn=0.418929,0.889206&z=11

There are links to the websites and printable pdf maps, etc.

There seems to be several campgrounds – we can go over that Saturday, and post up what we find.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:01 pm

thumbs up you da man!
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

PostSubject: May be back in   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:17 pm

No one down here can come to a consensuses on where to go for a trail ride, and Andrea didn't want to go with a bunch of guys, and be the only gal there. Sooo, depending on how well we do at our first event with Andrea's business, we might yet head up there. It will be a last minute decision, though.

What type of trails does Green Ridge have? Can I roll with my A/T tires, or should I swap on the M/Ts?
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:38 pm

It looks like you can do this one totally stock. Supposed to be some really nice views, and we’re looking into alternate camping (where we don’t have to dig our own potty hole). But it’ll be fun either way.

If you go to the map link in the previous post, there’s more links to information regarding the forest, trails, campsites, etc. If you search Green Ridge MD on YouTube, you’ll also find several vids to give you an idea what it's like.
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Greenridge-lodging options   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Ok. For those interested in the Greenridge Trip September 18-19 here are some options:

1. Camping at Greenridge- primitive camping. There is a $5.00 permit fee.

2. Super 8 hotel in Hancock, Maryland (about 10 mins from Greenridge). About $80.00 for Saturday night. As of right now, they have rooms available. I am happy to call and block rooms if this is what the group is interested in.

3. Happy Hills campground (www.happyhillscampground-md.com) in Hancock, Maryland. Offers- Tent camping ($20.00) per night -there is a nice bathhouse (with toliets); small cabins ($65.00 per night); also on site pop-up campers and trailers (range from 60-120 per night). Only downside to this place is that there is a two night minimum required.

4. In Berkeley Springs, WV (15-20 mins from Greenridge) there is Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals (www.berkeleyspringscottagerentals.com)/ These are the cabins we talked about. There is a cabin available called Meadow Woods -it has 4 bedrooms (all with Queen beds). Total for one night is $376.05 or about $94.00 per couple. The reason it is a little more expensive is that for only one night, the rental company charges a $97.00 cleaning fee. If you stay for more than one night then the fee is waived. As of now the cabin is still available.

So far that is it. Let me know everyone's thoughts.

Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:20 pm

I told you my thoughts.....on going to Super8. Camping was my first choice, but seems like a PITA.

Darn remote places! laugh No Comfort Inn!
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:21 pm

PS. Getting a cabin at Happy Hills sounds awesome....but we cannot stay 2 nights.
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:28 pm

I know...but I still say the more remote- the better! I also forgot to mention Town Hill Bed and Breakfast (about 5 mins from Greenridge). I am waiting to hear back from them about the price, but I am fairly certain it is going to be more than the Super 8. I am with you, the Super 8 seems like the best option IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Ok. Just heard back from the Town Hill B&B. Right now they have 4 rooms available (maybe 5). In any event the rate is $119.00 per night (two rooms share a bathroom-so no private bath). There is one room with a private bath but it is $139.00 per night. It is their busy season and the inn is just about full so no discounts this time of year (I asked!)

OK- I am finished....promise!
Back to top Go down
JeepGurl

JeepGurl

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:10 pm

Mike and I vote for Berkeley Springs! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
NotLost

NotLost

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:36 pm

We'll go with the majority... (but $5 sounds good to me) Embarassed

I even bought a shovel, and started designing a "seat" in my head to put over the hole.
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:42 am

If it weren't for the fact we wouldn't get there until 10pm at night, we would be all for camping. I just don't have it in me to work all day, drive four hours and then try to pitch a tent in the dark. I've done that twice before and its a PITA. Its a hotel for us.
Back to top Go down
Mudslinger
Admin
Mudslinger

PostSubject: Super 8 Motel   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:07 pm

OK Gang! Thanks to everyone who replied. Looks like its the Super 8 in Hancock, Maryland.

Here are the details:

I have blocked rooms at the Super 8. They are being held today through tomorrow morning.

The total for each room for one night is $70.55 (I believe this includes tax)- so we were able to get a little discount. For those that want to arrive on Friday, the total for two nights with tax is $141.10.

The rooms are being held under the name "Bishop." If you want to add an extra night please let the hotel know as I booked the rooms for only Saturday night. The motel is pet friendly, but will charge an additional $10.00 for any furry friends.

The number for the motel is 301-678-6101 - I spoke with Angelina and she will be on duty until 8 p.m. this evening. The address of the motel is 118 Limestone Road, Hancock, Maryland. It is exit 1B off of Rt. 70.

Please let me know who has booked, so I can call tomorrow to make sure all rooms have been reserved or I can release any remaining rooms.

Can't wait to see all of you!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP   SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP Empty

Back to top Go down

SEPTEMBER GREENRIDGE SP
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next