Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

My testimony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wiretie

wiretie

My testimony Empty
PostSubject: My testimony   My testimony EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Hello all. As I shared with Chris and Pattey via email (congrats on your wedding by the way), I was so glad to find a forum/club/ministry that not only enjoys 4 wheelin', but has a love for our Lord.
This being my first post, I thought it only appropriate to give my testimony.
I grew up Catholic and as such did all the things I thought would earn my way to Heaven ie: CCD classes, church (almost) every Sunday, first Communion, Confirmation, good works, ect.
It wasn't till I met my girlfriend (my wife) as a Junior in High School that things began to change. Our first "date" was to her church youth group. Although many of my wife's friends advised against dating me on the grounds that "I wasn't a Christian" (which I did understand however hurtfull), she later confessed that God told her that I would somehow come to a saving knowledge of Him.
As the weeks past, one night the youth group drama team put on a play and later concert about Luke 18:18-30. I can't explain why but that night those verses just resonated with me. At the end of the night, the youth leader (Brad), gave an invitation to accept Jesus into your/my heart as Lord AND Savior. Although it's not a magical prayer it went something like this: "Lord I know I'm a sinner. Lord I know that when you died on that cross you paid the penalty for all my sins. Past, present, and future. I repent of my sins and ask you freely into my heart, my mind, and life today Lord. Amen."
That was in 1991. Today my wife and I have been married for 14 years and have two beautiful girls: Sierra (9) and Savannah (7). It may sound cliche but, "God does have a plan for you!" Ask me how I know. But that's another testimony for another time.
PS: Please excuss any spelling errors. That was never one of my gifts. cross
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

My testimony Empty
PostSubject: Re: My testimony   My testimony EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:48 pm

cheers That made me cry! What a wonderful story!

Praise God for placing your wife in your life!!!

flag
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
JeeperX
Admin
JeeperX

My testimony Empty
PostSubject: Re: My testimony   My testimony EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Awesome story! Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My testimony Empty