Alpha Omega Offroad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Omega Offroad is a 4x4 Club and Christian Ministry.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Man Conference III

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
k_enn

k_enn

Man Conference III Empty
PostSubject: Man Conference III   Man Conference III EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:06 pm

I know most of you are pretty far from me, but if anyone is going to be in the north Jersey area, I highly recommend dropping in on the Man Conference, May 22. This is their third conference. I attended the last one, and it was an outstanding, worthwhile, experience that will give you a new insight on what it is to be a Christian man.

Check the link:

http://manconference.com/v2/

Also check out the video on the bottom of the main page. The music was fantastic (Although I have played three of the guys that are performing in video, I will not be playing at the conference), as were the speakers.

k_enn

P.S., I just saw on the website that they have a link being set up and will be streaming it live that day. So those of you that are far away can check some of it out.
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Man Conference III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Conference III   Man Conference III EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Hey Ken, that's the weekend of our PineBarren run. But it sounds cool. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://myxterra.blogspot.com
k_enn

k_enn

Man Conference III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Conference III   Man Conference III EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Crying or Very sad Guess I will have to take a pass on the Pine Barrens. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

k_enn
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Man Conference III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Conference III   Man Conference III EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:45 pm

you said you weren't coming to the pines anyway! hahahahaaaaa geek
Back to top Go down
k_enn

k_enn

Man Conference III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Conference III   Man Conference III EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:26 am

What a conference. It was attended by a couple of hundred men -- some with their sons. The whole program was quite a blessing, with something to touch everyone.

For the praise oriented persons, the conference opened with a set of praise songs by a great local praise band. Really good, high powered music. Following that, there were a series of speakers, all touching on the topic of acting like a man, in a Christian sense. Speakers included a Christian radio personality/pastor. He was followed by a former drug addict/actor who gave a great dramatic reading from the beginning of the Gospel of John which morphed in a poetry description of his own personal descent and salvation. Another speaker was Lee Rousan, former NY Giants running back and two-time superbowl winner -- his topic was "a boys plays at house, a man builds a house", which was about knowing yourself as Christian man and conducting your life accordingly. We had several local pastors speak as well. After an intermission, another music set was performed by four young men, with great vocal arrangements. Then we had Christian counsellor on sex addiction give a presentation -- which combined personal testimony as well as practical discussion of the issue in a counselling sense. Then another speaker addressed the worldly lies that men believe and why they should not put stock in those lies.

I also ran into several guest musicians that I have worked with in our church's praise band. It was good to keep in touch with them.

The conference sure left with a lot of things to digest. I will be going to man conference IV in October.

k_enn
Back to top Go down
XterraXtian
Admin
XterraXtian

Man Conference III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Conference III   Man Conference III EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:42 am

SOUNDS AMAAZING!!!!!!!! I'd love to see Chris go to something like that. I love when he's around strong Christian men.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Man Conference III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Conference III   Man Conference III Empty

Back to top Go down

Man Conference III
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Omega Offroad :: TRAIL RUNS/OUTREACH EVENTS :: OUTREACH and SERVING EVENTS-
Jump to: